Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have Fat History Month, Ginger History Month and Dorky Clothes
Yes, any group that gets picked on needs to feel special 15 71.43%
No, these groups are not as important as gays 3 14.29%
Not sure 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:56 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What's a ginger?
Yes, darn those people with disabilities; Native Americans; Italians, etc. who have their own months.
Your perceived superiority and fear are showing.
What's a ginger?

ginger 7982 up, 4773 down
A human, characterized by pale skin, freckles and bright red hair. "Gingers" are generally considered to be inferior to their more melanin-rich brethren, and thus deservingly discriminated against. Gingers are thought to have no souls. The condition, "gingervitis" is genetic and incurable.
Ron Howard is a ginger.

Carrot Top is a good example of why gingers should be discriminated against.
Urban Dictionary: ginger

Well, as you know, according to your criteria, I'm doubly oppressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 10:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What's a ginger?
Yes, darn those people with disabilities; Native Americans; Italians, etc. who have their own months.
Your perceived superiority and fear are showing.

LOL. My kids started calling me a ginger and I didn't know what the hell it was either. Damn kids.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL. My kids started calling me a ginger and I didn't know what the hell it was either. Damn kids.
Did you bully them for it?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times
My brother is a ginger. He was actually routinely teased throughout school and even today his friends kid around with him about it.

I think there is a good point to this thread...why does everybody and every group need a month, day or week dedicated to him/it? Let people decide what is important to celebrate.

And bullying is bullying no matter why it's done.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Nope, in some states there is no anti-discrimination protection for homosexuals.

If you can't see why actual discrimination and targeted violence against groups of people is worse than calling someone four-eyes, you're beyond help.
1, Do these states have anti-discrimination protection for fat people?

2. I never said what you wrote, you're comparing apples to Toyotas. Yes or no; is it more wrong to beat up a kid because he is gay than it is to beat up a kid because he is fat or a ginger? A simple yes or no will suffice. P.S. your last comment was condescending and not relevant to the topic; it's intellectually lazy.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I wasn't aware that redheads were routinely harassed.
Apparently you did not read/watch the story last year about several high schools that had a "Kick a Ginger" Day inspired by South Park. It was a facebook thing by punk students and caught on like wild fire.

kick a ginger day - Google Search

Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Apparently it is now the "in thing" to try and socially right perceived wrongs by promoting groups that were picked on by giving them special status. Now a days, fat kids, gingers and bad dressed kids get picked on way worse than gays, so should they have a history month or have their accomplishments be specifically singled out? What say you?
How about spreading my daily anti-gay agenda month..........you can help start things off with threads like this!

Talk about chips on one's shoulder.....spreading the hate around!

PS....I don't think many people get killed for being fat or red headed but of course you are the "expert" on ANY and EVERY gay issue!

Your biased poll is not worth voting on. And PLEASE provide links substantiating that heavy set kids.....gingers and badly dressed kids are picked on more than gays....we'll be waiting and good luck on that......you'll need it!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I wasn't aware that redheads were routinely harassed.
ha! I was thinking the same thing. I must have missed the harrassment, persecution, slavery etc of redheads and fatties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Apparently it is now the "in thing" to try and socially right perceived wrongs by promoting groups that were picked on by giving them special status. Now a days, fat kids, gingers and bad dressed kids get picked on way worse than gays, so should they have a history month or have their accomplishments be specifically singled out? What say you?
All I can say is grow up. Seriously.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
ha! I was thinking the same thing. I must have missed the harrassment, persecution, slavery etc of redheads and fatties.

All I can say is grow up. Seriously.

I posted the link. Read it and stop being in the dark. Your post was dull, ill informed and had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Epic Fail.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
LOL. I think they're after equality

I've never had to worry if I'd be discriminated against due to my sexuality. Have you?
How is it "equality" if they're given special status as a protected group? There are already laws against murder. Again, I'll ask you the same question, it requires a simple yes or no: is all bullying equally wrong, or are some kids who get bullied more important than other kids who get bullied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies