Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 06:20 AM

88,684 posts, read 44,444,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
There's nothing stopping a college student from voting while away in college. They can vote in their home district via absentee ballots.
That's how Obama got elected. Absentee vote at home, and vote again in their college towns.

The Gap even had a button campaign...

Unfortunately for Obama, the college crowd is souring on him. Besides the additional wars he's dragged us into, the college crowd saw their graduating peers go from an employment rate of 90% ...to only 56% under the Obama admin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 AM

13,631 posts, read 20,700,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Clinton is right. The GOP favors Jim Crow more than it does not and this doesn't surprise me. The don't have young people, blacks, hispanics on their side. They are in serious trouble unless they do something drastic. They certainly can't win on their merits because they stink.

I have to admit. I find the GOP shamefully disgusting as a political party and they no longer deserve respect. Kudos to Clinton for speaking out.
LOL! I think you know that is a bunch of bull.

A society composed of people who cannot bother to procure proper identification, properly register, and- this is the most important part- actually show up at the polls to vote is a society that is embracing laziness and sanctioning stupidity.

Do you think blacks, hispanics, and young people are somehow incapable of procuring ID and properly voting? Well, sounds to me like you have a pretty low opinion of these groups.

You Leftists. Everyone is a sheep that must be led. Children who must be cradled and protected from life's simplest tasks and responsibilities. Yours is an outlook based on a uniquely vile form of bigotry.

What's next? Blacks are too stupid to pass drivers test? Its racist to endorse a check? Requiring people to pay their credit cards is Jim Crow? Asking for ID to purchase booze or enter a bar is racist?

Elections are more or less held on 2 and 4 year intervals. Somehow I think that is plenty of time to procure ID and get everything in order.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,917,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Clinton is right. The GOP favors Jim Crow more than it does not and this doesn't surprise me. The don't have young people, blacks, hispanics on their side. They are in serious trouble unless they do something drastic. They certainly can't win on their merits because they stink.

I have to admit. I find the GOP shamefully disgusting as a political party and they no longer deserve respect. Kudos to Clinton for speaking out.
Please share your proof of these outrageous claims.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:57 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,291,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
This is just more proof that liberal weenies are a joke and should never be taken seriously.
And more proof that Clinton can never be trusted, every time he opens his mouth a lie comes out.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,416,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
And more proof that Clinton can never be trusted, every time he opens his mouth a lie comes out.
Of course, he is a Progressive. They HAVE to lie, America won't go for their agenda if they are truthful. That speaks volumes!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Someone please explain.

Every day of my life, I see Blacks, Hispanics, and others driving cars. Are they not licensed to do so? Are the Black and Hispanic citizens of our country exempted from procuring drivers licenses? Is more than a quarter of the population driving without a license? Does the Left think a drivers examination is racially biased?

They can buy or lease a car, maintain it, and drive it, but the license itself is some kind of insurmountable hurdle put in place by sneaky GOP bigots?

Can anyone explain this bizarre phenomena?

Old 07-07-2011, 07:12 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,416,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Someone please explain.

Every day of my life, I see Blacks, Hispanics, and others driving cars. Are they not licensed to do so? Are the Black and Hispanic citizens of our country exempted from procuring drivers licenses? Is more than a quarter of the population driving without a license? Does the Left think a drivers examination is racially biased?

They can buy or lease a car, maintain it, and drive it, but the license itself is some kind of insurmountable hurdle put in place by sneaky GOP bigots?

Can anyone explain this bizarre phenomena?
It's their only excuse to try and keep their fraudulent activities alive. It's the only way they can win anything.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's their only excuse to try and keep their fraudulent activities alive. It's the only way they can win anything.
One possible explanation.

Would anyone on the Left like to counter that?

Old 07-07-2011, 07:25 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,910,265 times
i also agree that clinton is going too far.

i laugh at the people though who say the GOP is concerned about honest elections though, which is why they are tightening up voter restrictions. i dont have a problem with having to produce proof that i'm a citizen, i simply refuse to believe that the republicans care about honest elections. when in there history have they ever cared about an election that doesn't benefit them.

they are as bad as the dems, the sooner people understand that and stop playing the D vs. R game the better we'll all be.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:56 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,579,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This ^^^ 100%!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies