U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 AM

3,644 posts, read 3,661,733 times

Advertisements

Revealed: White House interrogated Somali jihadi for two months on Navy ship without Miranda warnings Hot Air

I have no problem with it and think the only mistake they made was to eventually send him to the US for trial. He should go to Gitmo and have a millitary trial, not a civilian one. However, the reason I link to this story is that if Bush had done this the media would be all over it. More of the double standard from the liberal media.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 AM

1,947 posts, read 832,755 times
Why are they "owed" Miranda?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 PM

13,181 posts, read 7,973,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Revealed: White House interrogated Somali jihadi for two months on Navy ship without Miranda warnings Hot Air

I have no problem with it and think the only mistake they made was to eventually send him to the US for trial. He should go to Gitmo and have a millitary trial, not a civilian one. However, the reason I link to this story is that if Bush had done this the media would be all over it. More of the double standard from the liberal media.
OK so when American soldiers are abused by their captors lets not hear any whining out of you about any laws.

You want to bring down the country to the level of lawless torturers. Live with the consequences.

The media did report the story http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/06/wo...n.html?_r=1&hp So you got that wrong too.

Last edited by padcrasher; 07-07-2011 at 06:48 PM..

Old 07-07-2011, 06:43 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,097,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post

I didn't know they Mirandize enemy combatants from foreign countries during war?

And yet they're worried about some dumb illegal in Texas who is guilty but wasn't told of his "consular" rights.

I wish they'd shut the "eff" up.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Why are they "owed" Miranda?
Why don't I know? That is the question you should be asking yourself.

[hint: it goes hand in hand with being a uniformed right wing lemming]

Old 07-07-2011, 06:51 PM

75,325 posts, read 36,498,984 times
This administration are hypocrites if anything. Say one thing while doing another.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:59 PM

3,146 posts, read 1,922,271 times
The mistake here was not in doing it, but in allowing the story to become public knowledge. He should have just been tossed overboard like Obama, er, Osama! Who the hell had to tell a reporter about this?

Kick, splash, end of story.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The mistake here was not in doing it, but in allowing the story to become public knowledge. He should have just been tossed overboard like Obama, er, Osama! Who the hell had to tell a reporter about this?

Kick, splash, end of story.
I see the spirit of Nazi prisoner of war camp staff is alive and well today in the heart of "patriotic" right wing base voters.

Out and out advocating the murder of prisoners under US control.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:54 PM

31,385 posts, read 18,572,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This administration are hypocrites if anything. Say one thing while doing another.
I do believe the issue was waterboarding vs not waterboarding, not whether or not a enemy combatant should be afforded a Miranda warning.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I do believe the issue was waterboarding vs not waterboarding, not whether or not a enemy combatant should be afforded a Miranda warning.
He claimed he was going to be more open, less secret, and follow the law.

He now is keeping secret prisoners on ships throughout the World ...denying them Habeus Corpus rights, and issuing an executive order limiting their Miranda rights.

How surprising is this considering he claims the right to assasinate US citizens as he alone deems justified.......as they walk the streets, sleep in their beds, drive cars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies