Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly.

I don't think anyone is trying to dictate to those who want every vaccine possible that they cannot have them. And if they have them, then they should have no fear of catching something.

If they get their flu shot then they're protected from my flu if I get the flu. Just like their children are protected by the vaccine from whopping cough while the unvaccinated kids might get whopping cough.

Educate people -- polio vaccine is definitely one many people would want to have, same goes for tetanus but many who have had the flu in the past and had few and minor symptoms may decide it's not a vaccine they really need.

I'm pretty sure I've had the flu a long time ago and more than one. All it was for me was come aches and chills and fever and I used the family "cure" and it was gone by morning.

Someone else whose flu lasted for 2 months and left them bedridden for weeks may decide to get the vaccine.
Such people are being very foolish. You never know whether you are going to be one of the ones who is hit hard, or not.

I have given lots of flu shots to people who said they never got the shots until they got a case of the real flu. Which brings up a good point. A lot of people say they have the flu when they really have an episode of gastroenteritis. How those two got confused I'll never know, but it makes discussing the merits of the flu vaccine very difficult. Flu is a respiratory illness. Most people who get it are very sick for at least 4-5 days, some for much longer. They feel like they're going to die. Kids (and probably some adults) will stay in bed and soil themselves b/c it's too much effort to get up and go to the bathroom. Anything a person had that was gone overnight was NOT the flu.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:15 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Sure -- smallpox can be horrible - and the government won't even allow us that vaccine.
Why would you want the smallpox vaccine? Oh and it's not that smallpox CAN be horrible. It's that it IS horrible. Death rates of one in three were not uncommon in the most common form. With the most horrible form (the hemmoraghic form) essentially no one survived.

Who would want to risk even a vaccine for it? Shudder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm not going to dictate to you what vaccine you should or shouldn't get.
Let individuals make up their minds.

I don't see any "we" here. It would be MY choice for ME.
But it isn't your choice for you and you alone. Most vaccine preventable diseases are contagious. Measles is actually one of the most contagious diseases on the planet. If you don't get that vaccine and protect yourself you put my baby at risk. You are taking risks for me and my baby. I find that socially irresponsible and a failure to understand and accept the sort of risks you take every single day the minute you get out of bed.

You're putting multiple members of my community at risk. Ultimately that is dictating what happens to us.

Quote:
Oh I understand basic immunology.

That's why I want to keep my immune system active and working and a vaccine does not stimulate the immune system the same way a full blown illness does. You simply don't get the full array of B cells, T cells, IgM and various IgG.

Don't use it - you lose it. And that which does not kill you makes you stronger.
If you believe that you don't understand biology at all.

If the vaccine works there's no evidence that vaccine induced immunity is any different than the kind you get from actual rotten diseases. It's all the same antigens and antibodies.

That which does not kill you can leave you paralyzed, deaf, blind and brain damaged. Use your immune system to fight off needless infection and you risk your entire health. That's foolish at best and incredibly, contagiously dangerous at worse. I'm sorry you mistakenly believe otherwise.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Why would you want the smallpox vaccine? Oh and it's not that smallpox CAN be horrible. It's that it IS horrible. Death rates of one in three were not uncommon in the most common form. With the most horrible form (the hemmoraghic form) essentially no one survived.

Who would want to risk even a vaccine for it? Shudder.

But it isn't your choice for you and you alone. Most vaccine preventable diseases are contagious. Measles is actually one of the most contagious diseases on the planet. If you don't get that vaccine and protect yourself you put my baby at risk. You are taking risks for me and my baby. I find that socially irresponsible and a failure to understand and accept the sort of risks you take every single day the minute you get out of bed.

You're putting multiple members of my community at risk. Ultimately that is dictating what happens to us.

If you believe that you don't understand biology at all.

If the vaccine works there's no evidence that vaccine induced immunity is any different than the kind you get from actual rotten diseases. It's all the same antigens and antibodies.

That which does not kill you can leave you paralyzed, deaf, blind and brain damaged. Use your immune system to fight off needless infection and you risk your entire health. That's foolish at best and incredibly, contagiously dangerous at worse. I'm sorry you mistakenly believe otherwise.
I've had all those childhood diseases. And do you ask everyone you come in contact with if they had their shots before you let them near your baby ?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Excellent report on the failures of the whooping cough vaccine. (watch the pro-vaccers work to discredit the doc cuz they can't discredit the facts)

This physician HAD a son harmed by the shot for it.

The whooping cough vaccine doesn't work so what are they injecting??? - YouTube
She lost me when she advertised her book. I my mind this woman is a loon and what exactly is she saying? The out breaks in California were due to the anti vax nuts not vaccinating their kids. The pertussis vaccine works, but as is with other vaccines it is not 100%, but is highly effective. Heres a link about it's effectivness. I think she is trying to sell her book. http://www.cdc.gov/media/matte/2011/...ping_cough.pdf

Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Eleanora, the stupidity rests with the crowd you are a happy sheeple of. Knock it off.....you can try to outpost or outscream me but you cannot bring any wisdom to the table to "outsmart" my beliefs.

I, thank God am so very healthy because of my rejection of the barrage of shots and as my Harvard Dermatologist told me last year, he said "You have a fantastic immune system! Most people do not heal this quickly."

This is because I allow it to do its job. I have never had a flu shot and am in my mid-to-late fifties and I will never be having one. Thank God more and more folks are thinking just like me.

Note....we now have as many "experts" in our camp as you have in yours. Just like my fantastic, California pediatrician, many of them won't come out publicly, yet but they sure are supportive of their patients that reject the shots. Oh, their numbers are legion! they are harder to enumerate than homeschoolers!
So, what is it you anti vax people are saying? Vaccines don't work or they cause other illnesses, what is it in a nut shell? All I can say is, vaccines work for the most part and if they didn't we would still have epidemics of child hood diseases. Do you people see huge outbreaks of polio, measles, chickenpox, mumps, diphtheria, pertussis? NO! we don't, and it is all because of vaccinations. The evidence is there, I don't know why you people continually dispute it. BTW: The only time you see outbreaks, is in areas where the anti vax nuts are prevelent.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:44 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Thousands arrive at school without whooping cough vaccination
California is being populated by people from third world countries. Just why should anyone be surprised if they bring third world ways with them?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
In a vaccine mercury IS dangerous....YOU take a chemistry class........In an Australian study a group of recruits were immunized for Rubella, and all produced the expected antibodies....when later exposed to the disease, 80% of the recruits contracted rubella.......According to the U.S. National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (est 1986) to qualify for compensation, the adverse effects of vaccination must occur within 4 hours of recieving the vaccine....Despite this extremely severe limitation, as of feb 1998, compensatory payments have totalled $871,800,000,00, and continue to climb....alarming when you figure that only one in four claiments are ever awarded compensation......New vaccines are being produced every year...all in the hope of being added to the mandatory vaccination schedule......the infant mortality of our children is appalling, and the incidence of both infectious and degenerative diseases among adult americans is skyrocketing................childhood vaccine schedules.........1980=20 vaccines.....2003=40 vaccines.....2004=53 vaccines 2005=58vaccines.....2006=63vaccines...2008=68vacci nes.......
How about a link?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 AM

Vaccines don't work? Here are some stats from The CDC to disprove the anti's...

http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4037.pdf

Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
How do you know the vaccines work? I work with people who get the flu vaccines and guess what -- they almost all seem to get sick with something like the flu. Some became very ill within days of their flu shots.

I have never once had a flu shot and I haven't had a flu in many many years. I never get anything more than a cold. I never missed a single day of work, nor a single day of college or high school. I've had flu like symptoms in the past but I got them after school or work and by morning was completely better so I'm not sure it was the flu.
This is proof of nothing. I get the flu shot every year and have not had the flu since I have been getting them. Chances are, you were not exposed to the virus.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
California is being populated by people from third world countries. Just why should anyone be surprised if they bring third world ways with them?
Do not blame this on the Mexicans or third world people. The immigrants are better immunized than the upper-middle class "immunization deniers" in CA.

Mexico more effective than U.S. at immunizing children | Vaccination News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies