Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 01:46 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,010,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So someone has a mental disorder if they deny anyone from a "want"? Really? Want has nothing to do with equality under the law. The fact is that marriage laws enforcing marriages between one man and one woman only, regardless of race, creed, or sexual preference, are completely non-discrimanatory. Everyone has the same and equal right.

If I want to marry someone of the opposite sex who is already married: that is illegal. A homosexual cannot marry a person of the opposite sex who is already married either. Equality again!

See how that works?

what a PC load of crap and way to minimize others. it is obvious that gay people don't want to marry someone of the opposite sex, saying that the law allows them to do so it just another way to ignore their plight.

people who do their best and actively fight trying to stop gays from serving openly in the military, getting married, being a teacher and other activities are homophobes. it is one thing to not approve" it is quite another to be actively engage in trying to restrict a person from their civil rights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
what a PC load of crap and way to minimize others. it is obvious that gay people don't want to marry someone of the opposite sex, saying that the law allows them to do so it just another way to ignore their plight.

people who do their best and actively fight trying to stop gays from serving openly in the military, getting married, being a teacher and other activities are homophobes. it is one thing to not approve" it is quite another to be actively engage in trying to restrict a person from their civil rights
1. When has a heterosexual ever been guaranteed the "right" to marry based on attraction or love?

2. the "being a teacher" argument? huh?

But seriously...how would we possibly discriminate against a gay person? Is there a certain physical characteristic we can look to in order to discriminate? How does that happen?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,940 times
Quote:
So someone has a mental disorder if they deny anyone from a "want"? Really? Want has nothing to do with equality under the law. The fact is that marriage laws enforcing marriages between one man and one woman only, regardless of race, creed, or sexual preference, are completely non-discrimanatory. Everyone has the same and equal right.

If I want to marry someone of the opposite sex who is already married: that is illegal. A homosexual cannot marry a person of the opposite sex who is already married either. Equality again!

See how that works?
Where did I say anything about a mental disorder...do you have a reading comprehension problem?

As long as homosexual couples are not allowed to marry, or have some sort of civil union that grants all the same rights and benefits of marriage there is no equality.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Answering the main question of this thread is an insult to gay people.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:55 PM

65 posts, read 133,442 times
Gay people are an insult to Normal People.

It was POLITICAL PRESSURE that caused the APA to REMOVE it's 'deranged' label in 1973.'
Sodomites have a significantly LOWER LIFE EXPECTANCY because of their sexual habits, not in spite of it.

Christophobia is what motivates ALL sodomites/Lesbians.

This post is utterly useless. Moderator should remove it as mere PROPAGANDA.

Leviticus 19,
Romans One.

Twenty Centuries of witness against you. Navel gazers.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr. John View Post
Gay people are an insult to Normal People.

It was POLITICAL PRESSURE that caused the APA to REMOVE it's 'deranged' label in 1973.'
Sodomites have a significantly LOWER LIFE EXPECTANCY because of their sexual habits, not in spite of it.

Christophobia is what motivates ALL sodomites/Lesbians.

This post is utterly useless. Moderator should remove it as mere PROPAGANDA.

Leviticus 19,
Romans One.

Twenty Centuries of witness against you. Navel gazers.
take the religion to the religion folder

Old 07-11-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
1. When has a heterosexual ever been guaranteed the "right" to marry based on attraction or love?

2. the "being a teacher" argument? huh?

But seriously...how would we possibly discriminate against a gay person? Is there a certain physical characteristic we can look to in order to discriminate? How does that happen?
hetro's can marry just because they are of the opposite sex, the "right" of it, like I said to throw into it that "anyone" is allowed to marry is just side stepping the issue and trying to play dumb.

don't tell me that you don't believe some people do their best to discriminate in teaching, couching and other jobs because a person is gay and they are fearful that gay might be catching

but seriously how can you discriminate? is there a physical characteristic? you know the answer to this one as well, again trying to be obtuse?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Your analogy breaks down since both black people and Christians (as well as homosexuals) can all get married already.

But your friend would be a racist if he hated black people based solely on their skin color, and he'd be a Christaphobe if he had an irrational fear of Christians.
Quote:
If you think your throwing labels at them factually makes them the label then indeed it is.

Everyone in this country already has the equal right to marry an individual of the opposite sex regardless of creed, race, or sexual preference. There are no special priviledges or classes in our law in regard to marriage.
Prior to DOMA being passed in 1996 and Colorado (my state) banning gay marriage a few years later, what exactly prevented me from contracting a civil marriage with another man and exercising the 1400 civil rights that come with that contract?

The answer is nothing. I could have gotten civilly married to another man until bigoted homophobes started passing law after law after law taking that option, and those 1400 rights, away from homosexual couples. Your side banned me - banned all homosexual couples - from contracting civil marriages. You created a special class of people who can have the 1400 civil rights of marriage (heterosexuals) at the expense of a "lower" class that cannot (homosexuals) via discriminatory laws.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Oh! So you are saying you were BORN homophobic. Interesting theory.

Educating yourself or a little therapy can help you overcome your irrational disgust, if you choose to overcome it.

Homophobic is an inappropriate word choice since I don't fear homosexuals.

I find homosexuality disgusting.

No one taught me to find homosexuality revolting.

Nature made me this way.

Innate Behavior

Old 07-11-2011, 03:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

So to be clear, it is not about equality but it is about special interests obtaining special priveledges by your own admission. Isn't that correct?

Furthermore, those pushing a "special treatment for special interests" are perfectly justified with assigning the label of "mental disorder" under phobia to anyone who does not back their agenda to give them exactly what they want. Is that not also what you are suggesting?

PC load of crap? I'm the last one you'll find to be PC on this forum. The marriage laws treat us all equally, even if that is not what you want. Facts are facts.

Isn't labeling others with a phobia as a mental disorder the ultimate way to minimize them? How does that hypocrisy work for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies