U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
 
Location: USA - midwest
5,945 posts, read 4,876,507 times
Reputation: 2606

Advertisements

Bachmann is just being consistent with the radical religious right that she embraces.

These crackpots are NOT for "smaller government." They want to use the government as a weapon against all and any who don't fit their mold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 84,021,758 times
Reputation: 18050
Its just politcal rethric thatwill be done thru executive order of what is already banned. If its porn then it already illegal .It will be taken in stride after Obamas use of it for social issues also;IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Riverside
4,088 posts, read 3,695,967 times
Reputation: 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I trust all you Bachmann supporters who believe in a smaller less intrusive federal government are paying close attention..

BREAKING: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography | ThinkProgress
LOL at "banning" porn. The first monkey boy probably drew dirty pictures of "hot" female monkey girls in the sand as soon as he learned how to sharpen a stick.

There's stuff in that pledge too about homosexuals being devient sinners, and black families being better off under slavery. Sheeesh...

I think Bachmann signed this pledge for two reasons:

1) She really believes this crap, and

2) She DESPERATELY wants to win Iowa, and thinks NOT signing the thing would hurt her chances with the whackos that make up that state's GOP caucus.

But of course, once she gets out of Iowa, she'll have to explain this thing to the rest of the country.

Big mistake, maybe the first serious mistake of her campaign. A better pol would have figured out a work-around.

Best the country finds out about her limitations now, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Undisclosed Bunker
268 posts, read 350,532 times
Reputation: 226
The US is by far the biggest producer and consumer of porn in the world. When we are not having sex we like to watch other people having sex. Perverts? perhaps. But what are all the x-porn stars going to do to make a living? Shouldn't our leaders be thinking of ways to create jobs rather than killing them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
 
11,535 posts, read 8,794,391 times
Reputation: 3580
Tea party = Big government. Tell you what to watch, what to think, what to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:24 PM
 
236 posts, read 750,957 times
Reputation: 286
If you want the stats on the porn industry, ya gotta read this article:
6 Ways That Porn Runs The World | Cracked.com

The USA porn industry generates more revenue than Hollywood and all pro sports combined. More than Microsoft earns per year.

Porn will be outlawed? Yeah, in Bachman's dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:28 PM
 
Location: New Mexico
8,388 posts, read 8,347,416 times
Reputation: 4070
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ottawa One View Post
If you want the stats on the porn industry, ya gotta read this article:
6 Ways That Porn Runs The World | Cracked.com

The USA porn industry generates more revenue than Hollywood and all pro sports combined. More than Microsoft earns per year.

Porn will be outlawed? Yeah, in Bachman's dreams.
Cracked.com is a humor site.

You are aware of that, right?

Just asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:36 PM
 
2,031 posts, read 2,413,714 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
LOL at "banning" porn. The first monkey boy probably drew dirty pictures of "hot" female monkey girls in the sand as soon as he learned how to sharpen a stick.

There's stuff in that pledge too about homosexuals being devient sinners, and black families being better off under slavery. Sheeesh...

I think Bachmann signed this pledge for two reasons:

1) She really believes this crap, and

2) She DESPERATELY wants to win Iowa, and thinks NOT signing the thing would hurt her chances with the whackos that make up that state's GOP caucus.

But of course, once she gets out of Iowa, she'll have to explain this thing to the rest of the country.

Big mistake, maybe the first serious mistake of her campaign. A better pol would have figured out a work-around.

Best the country finds out about her limitations now, I guess.
Well, after Iowa there's New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina -- those are the four February contests. And while it won't go over well in the two contests immediately following Iowa, it'll play just fine in South Carolina, and between SC and IA those states have almost twice the population (and thus almost twice the delegates) as NH and NV.

When the field is winnowed to Romney and Bachmann, there aren't too many social conservatives who are going to be saying, "We gotta vote for Romney because he won't take our Hustlers away!".

Doesn't mean I think she'll win the nomination (I don't) but the I'll-ban-porn! message plays perfectly well with a sizeable chunk of the GOP primary/caucus voting base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:40 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,617,054 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'd rather that not happen. More people then the idiots that elected him would be in that soup line with him.

I know a lot of folks here in the panhandle that voted for him, and none of them are pleased.

I don't know if Scott will even run for re-election his numbers are so low. Its likely he'll decide to be a one and done candidate, and the Florida GOP will put up a new front man.

This states politics are so screwed up
I'm sorry but thats not good enough. The tea party gave us this current state of affairs. A bunch of sore losers came out and made it bad for everyone. I know everyone will suffer but those cry baby spoiled brats will feel it the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,627,714 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I trust all you Bachmann supporters who believe in a smaller less intrusive federal government are paying close attention..

BREAKING: Bachmann pledges to ban pornography | ThinkProgress
Only one problem with your OP. Stink Progress has duped you. You must realize SP and MM are nothing but cut, paste and hack/edit sites?

Totally untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top