Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 10:46 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Over all those "saved fertilized eggs" used for invitro fertilization? They have no problem having those tossed in the toilet when they decided they have used enough of them to have gotten pregnant as often as they wanted to. To heck with the rest....they are leftovers anyway.
That's pretty much one of the dumbest things I've have ever read on CD.

Don't know anyone who went through in-vitro? Do you?

At the point in which fertilized eggs are implanted in a uterus, they are blastocysts.

By the time a woman figures out she's pregnant and gets around to having an abortion...more likely than not, a heart beat can be detected.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:54 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Not as far as you are concerned though. Either way, the world doesn't change does it?
Don't confuse yourself.

I'm pro-choice.

If you're irresponsible enough to get pregnant (because there are so many immaculate conceptions) and choose abortion, you probably aren't responsible enough to raise a child. Let alone be able to afford one.

Take the $$ drain off of the rest of us who are, and get your abortion.

No skin off my back.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
That is one drug addled big fat idiot the world could do without!
Tell me about it.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:06 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,359 times
Default Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
That's pretty much one of the dumbest things I've have ever read on CD.

Don't know anyone who went through in-vitro? Do you?

At the point in which fertilized eggs are implanted in a uterus, they are blastocysts.

By the time a woman figures out she's pregnant and gets around to having an abortion...more likely than not, a heart beat can be detected.
I could tell you the very night I got pregnant 3 out of 3 times! What about when a woman knows she had unprotected sex and was at the height of her fertility? A morning after pill is considered an abortion among the prolifers. A woman who hasn't had her period since she had sex and is now 1 day or 6 days late does not carry a fetus with a heartbeat. What kind of "dumbest things" can you say that is dumber than "more likely than not, a heart beat can be detected! there are many weeks that a woman or a teenager can be pregnant before a heartbeat can be detected, and even a beating heart is not a HUMAN, its still a fetus, yet to develop into a human.

But as to in-vitro, yes, I've know a couple of women who did it, and I knew of a couple who were just "ever so upset" that they had to make a "decision" on what to do with their LEFTOVER EGGS! so to you a "blastocysts" is not life, but "single fertilized cell" is? quite a distinction!

Old 07-09-2011, 12:19 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,359 times
Default irresponsible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Don't confuse yourself.

I'm pro-choice.

If you're irresponsible enough to get pregnant (because there are so many immaculate conceptions) and choose abortion, you probably aren't responsible enough to raise a child. Let alone be able to afford one.

Take the $$ drain off of the rest of us who are, and get your abortion.

No skin off my back.
Seriously, should that woman get buried in the sand up to her neck and stoned to death because she was so irresponsible as to be raped?
What if her husbands vasectomy didn't work out so well, and HE insists on the abortion or he's going to leave her and not be responsible for the child HE created. Or what if birth control methods were not availalble to her because her Planned Parenthood organization got DEFUNDED. I could go on and on, but it wouldn't make a tinkers damn to you anyway....and you call yourself pro-choice. If you think every woman who is pregnant and didn't want to be was just "irresponsible" than you are ignorant or just plain stupid! And you are a prolifer through and through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies