U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about TSA?
TSA Provides for our security, we should expand the services they provide 2 2.67%
TSA makes me feel safer, I don't mind trading a little inconvenience for the security they provide. 5 6.67%
I don't really have an opinion either way. 4 5.33%
TSA is ineffective and costs too much money for the benefits it provides, we should consider scaling it back. 19 25.33%
TSA is unconstitutional and a violation of our rights, dismantle it immediately. 45 60.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:39 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,444,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I hear many criticisms of TSA and very little about what it has accomplished. Now TSA is looking to expand it's activities to Subways, Train Stations, Ferrys and Vehicle Check Points under the VIPR (Visible Intermodal Prevention & Response) program.

VIPR Teams to Enhance Security at Major Local Transporation Facilities (the good spin)

Surprise! TSA Is Searching Your Car, Subway, Ferry, Bus, AND Plane (the bad spin)

Is it a common misconception that a large percentage of Americans do not support TSA? Is there a silent majority out there who support and appreciate the security TSA provides?

Please vote the Poll below and add a comment with a general idea of who you are (frequent traveller, international traveller, non-frequent traveller etc.) and why you voted as you did.
I am a non-frequent traveller since I now live close to my family here in TExas. The added stresses of air flying have limited my pleasure flying however. I no longer look forward to flying as I did in the past. In fact, I dread it. If so many are against it (according to the poll), why do we still have it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 07:41 PM

13,710 posts, read 9,813,066 times
Of course, if you're wondering HOW Uncle Sam got the presumed authority to institute TSA, look to the strange designation of many airports as INTERNATIONAL - even teeny puddle jump 'ports that have no direct international flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies