Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Paul is no republican, he's a libertarian.
Ron Paul is not a libertarian, he has been a republican for most of his life.

He disagrees with the libertarian party on numerous issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
His walk and talk won't do much good to this country if he is elected...
It will be less destructive than another term of Obama or any RINO being elected. I can see a huge advantage of Paul being Commander in Chief compared to the disaster we have now. At least he actually served; no other candidate has.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:04 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It will be less destructive than another term of Obama or any RINO being elected. I can see a huge advantage of Paul being Commander in Chief compared to the disaster we have now. At least he actually served; no other candidate has.
Well, golly, two of those others are women and old enough that women weren't serving when they were at that age. Also, they both had too many kids to serve in the military.

Let me say that I don't want Paul and don't really know why. I think it has to be with him being a libertarian who goes along as a Republican. At least he isn't a RINO so I guess if all you people can get him nominated he would be lots better than Obama. I don't get to help or hinder since we don't have a presidential primary.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:06 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
...and how does he differ from most other politicians?

Who is Ron Paul?

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.
He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

I have heard people call him a bit, "Kooky" and "Unelectable." I don't see anything weird about this record. And I can't understand why America wouldn't elect this guy - unless we have totally given up on Honesty, Integrity, Freedom and Fiscal Responsibility.
The day Ron Paul is president, is the day I move to Canada! LOL...j/k.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well, golly, two of those others are women and old enough that women weren't serving when they were at that age. Also, they both had too many kids to serve in the military.

Let me say that I don't want Paul and don't really know why. I think it has to be with him being a libertarian who goes along as a Republican. At least he isn't a RINO so I guess if all you people can get him nominated he would be lots better than Obama. I don't get to help or hinder since we don't have a presidential primary.
I suspect you don't like him because you are uncomfortable with the Constitution at some level and would rather hear a candidate make promises he/she has no way of fulfilling rather than to truely uphold that which out founding father's designed. Paul comes the closest to representing the original intent of our founders for limited government and maximized liberty in his views and his votes.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
The day Ron Paul is president, is the day I move to Canada! LOL...j/k.
Have a good trip, eh.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:17 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,552 times
Quote:
Have a good trip, eh.
LOL..right. I will have "free" healthcare at least! LOL

Old 07-09-2011, 12:26 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

I'm not sure why you don't like Paul, either. From most of your posts and comments, and knowledge of and appreciation for the Constitution, it seems like you would. Maybe you need to read up on him a bit.

Who is Ron Paul?

The Ron Paul FREEDOM PRINCIPLES
Rights belong to individuals, not groups.
Property should be owned by people, not government.
All voluntary associations should be permissible -- economic and social.
The government's monetary role is to maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not participate in fraud.
Government exists to protect liberty, not to redistribute wealth or to grant special privileges.
The lives and actions of people are their own responsibility, not the government's.

A number of people refer to him as a bit "kooky" but no one ever seems able to articulate exactly why they think that. I seriously would like to know. I think Paul is as good as it gets in terms of honesty, integrity and getting our country back to where our forefathers intended it to be.

Would you read this link and get back with some constructive feedback? TIA

Old 07-09-2011, 02:40 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
...and how does he differ from most other politicians?

Who is Ron Paul?

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.
He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

I have heard people call him a bit, "Kooky" and "Unelectable." I don't see anything weird about this record. And I can't understand why America wouldn't elect this guy - unless we have totally given up on Honesty, Integrity, Freedom and Fiscal Responsibility.

America shall never elect Ron Paul as president because they are too afraid of freedom and too used to being on entitlements.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:29 AM

158 posts, read 134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Who cares if he served? AFAIK, the USA is not a martial state. Soldiers don't make necessary good presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies