U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 AM

30,874 posts, read 19,422,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Typical murderer, making up a false reason for killing someone... anyone who believes that his reason are real, would likely be an idiotic liberal as obvious by the posts here who care MORE about ideology than the truth...
Did he think this "false reason to kill" would get him off? I think, rather, this guy took Leviticus of the bible literally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 AM

4,390 posts, read 4,204,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Actually, religion DOES NOT teach about non-violence. The old testament is probably the most violent book in history with the new testament a close second.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus said to love one and another, that there is no great love then to lay down one's life for another.
Take care of the poor, visit those in prison, clothe the naked, feed the hungry, blessed are the peace makers etc. etc, etc.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:04 AM

7,946 posts, read 14,984,518 times
The man should get the death penalty plain and simple. In fact, I think lethal injection would be too nice for this man, send him in front of a firing squad.

I am also appalled at all the liberals on this board who are lumping ALL Christians in with this evil man.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 AM

657 posts, read 607,609 times
My god, another bible-thumping nut. just ban religion already

Old 07-09-2011, 11:33 AM

15,462 posts, read 17,584,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

So yes, atheism would fall under the definition of religion !!!
By that definition, Basic Hygiene is a religion. All hail the mighty washcloth!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:37 AM

71,547 posts, read 83,065,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Religious Leader Shoots 4 Year Old Boy To Death Because He Might Be Gay | The New Civil Rights Movement

..more in the link.

So, I have to ask: How does this stuff ever happen? I never understood how people can kill in the name of religion, especially when they preach against that stuff.

Just don't get it at all. I guess this is what happens when people "PRAY" (aka talk to themselves) and are so delusional they hear "God" tell them to do these things.

Extreme religious beliefs are the mental disorder and it's a choice.
Frist of all, seeing where this so called information is coming from, I really doubt there is one shread of truth to the story and if there is any: this isn't a religious leader, this is a total nut case. Many years ago (back in the early 50s) a man living only about a mile from our home shot and killed his wife and a couple of kids. His little girl (a good friend of my elementary age brother) was crippled. Why did he do it? God told him it was time. What happened to him, he got the death sentence.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:42 AM

7,526 posts, read 7,184,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
The man should get the death penalty plain and simple. In fact, I think lethal injection would be too nice for this man, send him in front of a firing squad.

I am also appalled at all the liberals on this board who are lumping ALL Christians in with this evil man.
Except this guy was Jewish. He believed as a member of the Black Hebrews that he is a direct descendant of an ancient tribe of Israel. Doesn't matter, most liberals hate all religions other than Islam.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:51 AM

269 posts, read 216,997 times
Religious people who aren't fundamentalists cultist crazies need to call out others who use God's name to justify horrific acts. All the defensiveness does nothing but make you guys look weak and also more or less gives a green light to these bigots to engage in their abusive behaviors. The reason this happened is religion, and the reason things like this will be prevented will also be religion. Religion in the name of God, in a positive spirit, and not a negative one.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:02 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,820,984 times
And people really want to know whey i have more faith in my animals then most people! here is the answer, people have gone mad, ignorant stupid people!

Old 07-09-2011, 12:16 PM

13,298 posts, read 7,301,702 times
Is it possible that the psychopath, Moses, hated Jadon because he was the only child in the house that he did not father? McKoy, the woman Jadon's mother murdered, upon Moses' order, was attempting to leave the cult. That is one
sick group of people.

Cult-like group behaviors come out in court :: WRAL.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies