Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:28 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,499,612 times

Advertisements

however, that same birth certificate (that proves your automatic citizenship if you were born in the USA), is not acceptable for travel from and back to the USA, if you're an American citizen?
Hello, does that make any scene?
I know the reason why, is since the birth certs, don't have the new mircochips that the EDL's and newer passports do........shame, shame, that's basically, the mirochip, a GDS.......war on terror my arse....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 05:14 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,895,570 times
If you are a US citizen you can show up at the border butt naked and they still have to let you in. No Passport, no Birth certificate. you need nothing.

Leaving the country is a different story. As is flying obviously.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 8,065 times
Or... you can be the president of the US without one...

Old 07-06-2011, 05:31 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,499,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
If you are a US citizen you can show up at the border butt naked and they still have to let you in. No Passport, no Birth certificate. you need nothing.

Well you can't show up without id period, but if you have something, even if it's a library card, well they make take in for secondary and grill you for hours, but eventually, if they find proof you're a US citizen, then they legally have to let you in.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:41 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,648,499 times
If it were not for the anchor baby law, I would be ineligible to be president. My mother has no formal birth records, not even recorded in a church, even though she was born in the USA. So I would be unable to prove that I am not an anchor baby---that proof could only be established by a mother's birth certificate or other proof of her citizenship.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:04 PM

4,363 posts, read 7,029,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_in_East_L.A.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,288,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todanielm View Post
Or... you can be the president of the US without one...
Somehow, I think this was the purpose of this thread, to start another birther discussion.

Since when does one need a birth certificate to be a member of congress? I've never seen that in the constitution!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:29 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,351,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If it were not for the anchor baby law, I would be ineligible to be president. My mother has no formal birth records, not even recorded in a church, even though she was born in the USA. So I would be unable to prove that I am not an anchor baby---that proof could only be established by a mother's birth certificate or other proof of her citizenship.
if you were born in the US your parents citizenship has absolutely zero affect on your US citizenship ( unless they are an ambassador or member of an invading army ).

what is the "anchor baby" law?

Old 07-07-2011, 02:33 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,240,767 times

Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,764,196 times
I think you are looking at it the wrong way... if you are trying to enter the US, a birth certificate can easily be faked and cannot be easily verified, thus it would defeat the purpose of proving your citizenship at the border... if you are running for Congress, a birth certificate can easily validate the requirements because it can be proved that you are who you say you are... it may take a little time but a birth certificate can be examined and traced as well as your history...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies