Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 01:15 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The vast American population is simply unaware of the HUGE problem or have been lied to as the cause of problem.
But you are the problem. The only ones lying are you and people like you.

Quote:
We are not competing fairly on a global basis because so much of our foreign economic policy is tied to our foreign policy.
Yes, and what exactly was that foreign policy?

Well the great "Christian Nation" (snicker) was espousing "democracy" (snicker) talking out of both sides of its neck, stealing the wealth and resources from other countries under threat of death.

So for the last 70 years you had the playing field tilted so far to your advantage that the playing field was vertical, with you at the top along with your lap dog Brits and the rest of the world at the bottom in squalor.

I sure you hope your "nation-building" in Iraq and Afghanistan goes faster than Honduras, Guatemala and Nicaragua, because after 150 years of "nation-building" in those three countries they still don't have electricity, running water, sewage or roads.

However you have managed to repeatedly over-throw their democratically elected governments, with the most recent being the government of Honduras overthrown for the 14th time.

Quote:
I do not mind being called an isolationist if it means that I want a fair playing field.
He doesn't understand!

You are getting a fair playing field. The playing field is being leveled by BRIC. How ironic is it that Brasil, Russia, India and China are doing all the things a good "Christian Nation" should be doing?

BRIC is building power plants to provide electricity, and running water lines and sewage lines and building roads.

You want to sell iPods to Guatemalans and Hondurans? Why? They don't have electricity? What the hell are they supposed to do with an iPod?

You want people in other countries to buy your cars? Why? You have spent 70 years preventing them from building roads, so there are no roads to drive on.

How daft is that?

And why would they buy anything from you after you've spent 70-150 years stealing their resources, stealing their wealth and imprisoning, torturing and murdering them?

BRIC is a lot smarter than you are. BRIC isn't even in a country for 72 hours and they're already moving in heavy equipment to build roads, so that water lines, power lines and sewage lines can be laid.

And those roads all go to ports, where BRIC has dredged the harbors and expanded them to handle deep water container ships. And then the factories go in, and they start manufacturing and exporting.

BRIC is developing permanent trading partners. All of the US dictator run economic slave States are 1,000 miles behind the US in development.

All of the BRIC trading partners are just one to 12 steps behind BRIC in development. And that means BRIC never has to worry about making the huge glaring mistake the US made.

You can't sell electronics to countries that don't even have electricity.

Doh!

The playing field is being leveled. That's why jobs are leaving your country permanently, and you can't stop it. That's why your wages are falling and you can't stop it. That's why your life-style is being slowly eroded away, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

It will take all of the rest of this century for the playing field to be completely level, and during that time, your standard of living and wages will decline until the standard of living and wages in the rest of the world catch up to yours and there's an equilibrium.

And there is nothing you can do about it.

Quote:
WIth our resources and labor supply we should be leading the world in trade surplus. Despite what many say. American workers are some of the most productive in the world.
What resources?

You don't have light oil. There's a lot of things you don't have that you have to import.

Since you are the Forum's Economic Genius Mr. Wizard, why don't you explain to everyone how they will be affected when you start plowing under your corn and wheat fields to grow cotton, linen and flaxen.

Or do you plan to run around naked?

I can't wait to hear you exposition on that.

And you're wrong. In spite of what you say, Americans are no more and no less productive than anyone else, however those reports are heavily skewed because the include the fine art of paperwork shuffling as part of US "productivity." However, a $48/hour union job in the US is the same as 16 workers in Romania, and 16 workers can out-produce 1 worker any day, anywhere on the Planet, with or without all of your technology.

In some countries, a $48/hour union worker buys 64 employees, so no matter what you do, they will always be able to sell their products of equal quality for far less than you can sell them.

So, go ahead, try and sell you $35 widgets on the global market. I can sell mine of equal quality for $15 each. You lose. Heck you can't even get Americans to buy your $35 widgets.

And if the disparity in wages bothers you, I remind you that you did that, through your very bad foreign policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 01:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Mircea..dang you need to stop making so many great posts right after each other.
I can't rep you any more.

The truth hurts. I agree 1000% with everything you've posted.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:40 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Well the great "Christian Nation" (snicker) was espousing "democracy" (snicker) talking out of both sides of its neck, stealing the wealth and resources from other countries under threat of death.

So for the last 70 years you had the playing field tilted so far to your advantage that the playing field was vertical, with you at the top along with your lap dog Brits and the rest of the world at the bottom in squalor.

I sure you hope your "nation-building" in Iraq and Afghanistan goes faster than Honduras, Guatemala and Nicaragua, because after 150 years of "nation-building" in those three countries they still don't have electricity, running water, sewage or roads.

However you have managed to repeatedly over-throw their democratically elected governments, with the most recent being the government of Honduras overthrown for the 14th time.

He doesn't understand!

You are getting a fair playing field. The playing field is being leveled by BRIC. How ironic is it that Brasil, Russia, India and China are doing all the things a good "Christian Nation" should be doing?

BRIC is building power plants to provide electricity, and running water lines and sewage lines and building roads.

You want to sell iPods to Guatemalans and Hondurans? Why? They don't have electricity? What the hell are they supposed to do with an iPod?

You want people in other countries to buy your cars? Why? You have spent 70 years preventing them from building roads, so there are no roads to drive on.

How daft is that?

And why would they buy anything from you after you've spent 70-150 years stealing their resources, stealing their wealth and imprisoning, torturing and murdering them?

BRIC is a lot smarter than you are. BRIC isn't even in a country for 72 hours and they're already moving in heavy equipment to build roads, so that water lines, power lines and sewage lines can be laid.

And those roads all go to ports, where BRIC has dredged the harbors and expanded them to handle deep water container ships. And then the factories go in, and they start manufacturing and exporting.

BRIC is developing permanent trading partners. All of the US dictator run economic slave States are 1,000 miles behind the US in development.

All of the BRIC trading partners are just one to 12 steps behind BRIC in development. And that means BRIC never has to worry about making the huge glaring mistake the US made.

Doh!

The playing field is being leveled. That's why jobs are leaving your country permanently, and you can't stop it. That's why your wages are falling and you can't stop it. That's why your life-style is being slowly eroded away, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

It will take all of the rest of this century for the playing field to be completely level, and during that time, your standard of living and wages will decline until the standard of living and wages in the rest of the world catch up to yours and there's an equilibrium.

What resources?

You don't have light oil. There's a lot of things you don't have that you have to import.

Since you are the Forum's Economic Genius Mr. Wizard, why don't you explain to everyone how they will be affected when you start plowing under your corn and wheat fields to grow cotton, linen and flaxen.

And you're wrong. In spite of what you say, Americans are no more and no less productive than anyone else, however those reports are heavily skewed because the include the fine art of paperwork shuffling as part of US "productivity." However, a $48/hour union job in the US is the same as 16 workers in Romania, and 16 workers can out-produce 1 worker any day, anywhere on the Planet, with or without all of your technology.

In some countries, a $48/hour union worker buys 64 employees, so no matter what you do, they will always be able to sell their products of equal quality for far less than you can sell them.

So, go ahead, try and sell you $35 widgets on the global market. I can sell mine of equal quality for $15 each. You lose. Heck you can't even get Americans to buy your $35 widgets.

And if the disparity in wages bothers you, I remind you that you did that, through your very bad foreign policy.
I did this, I did that. OMG. I never knew that I had so much power. Since I have so much power, I order you wash my car this weekend.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:55 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

He doesn't understand!

How daft is that?

Doh!

What resources?

A lot of rambling. I am going to try to boil down your points so at least I can fashion an answer.

See if this sums up your opinion. The Christian nation of the U.S.A has had the world under its thumb for so long and now it is time for our come uppance. Does that about do it?

It sounds like you are perfectly happy with the fact that our economy is going down the toilet.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
A lot of rambling. I am going to try to boil down your points so at least I can fashion an answer.

See if this sums up your opinion. The Christian nation of the U.S.A has had the world under its thumb for so long and now it is time for our come uppance. Does that about do it?

It sounds like you are perfectly happy with the fact that our economy is going down the toilet.
It seemed to me to be a realistic view of what we have done to ourselves..willingly no less.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:14 PM

12 posts, read 45,893 times
Quote:
It is no surpise that we are having economic problems. WE have trade deficits worse than every country in the world including third world countries. Look at the best emerging and stable economies China, Japan and Germany. All have huge trade surpluses. LOok at the struggling economies. France, Italy, Spain and U.S. all with trade deficits.

This is not a coincidence. Time for us to stop listening to the politicians who drone on and on about the results of the problem instead of attacking the problems. Trade.

List of sovereign states by current account balance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't think many economists say that a trade balance per se is bad. it depends on how large it is relative to GDP, and how long it persists. In absolute terms, US trade deficit is large, but remember the USA is still by some margin the world's biggest economy. So it is, and frankly never has been, a major issue in US macroeconomics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies