U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:27 PM

11,535 posts, read 8,797,349 times

Advertisements

Maybe the pledge was longer than 3 pages.

Herman Cain Would Impose Bizarre Three-Page Limit On Legislation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,475 posts, read 13,850,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Bachmann is a nut job, and the whole world already knows it. It's pretty damn sad when we are suppose to decide between crappy candidates like her and Obama. I just won't vote!!!!!
Bachmann, Perry share billing but avoid each other - politics - Decision 2012 - msnbc.com

Bachmann, on the other hand, rose sharply to the top of Iowa polls since launching her campaign in June, and made an aggressive push for straw poll support with evangelical pastors and Christian home-school backers.

Bachmann reminds me of Hitler for some reason. Instead of Jews, it's disdain for Blacks and hate for gays. I hope she doesn't become president. Think about it. She signed something that said slavery was a good thing for Blacks, then said it said something different, when the person that actually made the document, never said it said anything different than it did originally.

And I think someone edited her Wikipedia entry to make her look like a fool.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:36 AM

6,486 posts, read 5,692,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Why would Bachmann back down on her views on gay people? Her family business makes too much money from scamming self-loathing gay people into believing they can "pray-away-the-gay".
Can you provide evidence that you can't "pray-away-the-gay"?

We allow churches to help people clean up other addictions, why not homosexuality as well?

Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,076,831 times
bachmann is not going to win the Whitehouse because she will never win the GOP nomination, even the GOP is not that far gone, YET.
Casper

Old 08-15-2011, 11:04 AM

16,133 posts, read 20,849,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
bachmann is not going to win the Whitehouse because she will never win the GOP nomination, even the GOP is not that far gone, YET.
Casper
That's a big YET, look at Arizona. She'd be a moderate here

Old 08-15-2011, 11:10 AM

603 posts, read 567,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
That's a big YET, look at Arizona. She'd be a moderate here
I doubt Bachmann will apologize. She says a lot of things with her foot in her mouth and has yet to explain or apologize for those.

Are you referring to Arizona's illegal immigration laws under Jan Brewer? I'm concerned since I'm possibly moving there. I'm Asian-American and I hope I don't have to wear my "papers" on a string around my neck to prove I belong there!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
Most people thought a marxist couldn't get elected...but he did. I predicted 3 years ago when he did that the country would swing back HARD to the right with the next prez. After Skippy has done his damage, it's only logical that most people will want a very conservative prez to clean it up.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 AM

16,553 posts, read 11,514,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
Are you referring to Arizona's illegal immigration laws under Jan Brewer? I'm concerned since I'm possibly moving there. I'm Asian-American and I hope I don't have to wear my "papers" on a string around my neck to prove I belong there!
Oh give it a rest! If that's what you actually think, you really need to question WHY you believe this.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
I doubt Bachmann will apologize. She says a lot of things with her foot in her mouth and has yet to explain or apologize for those.

don't do anything to get arrested and it won't be an issue.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:56 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,807,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The social conservative group "Family Leader" has apologized for the section in it's candidate pledge that refers to black families being healthier under slavery. No indication they changed their minds about gays being disease-riddled degenerates, though.

So, when can we expect candidate Bachmann to apologize for signing the damn thing? Not right away, it seems. So far, her campaign is sticking to the unlikely story that the copy she signed didn't have the slavery reference in it(in spite of all evidence to the contrary- the slavery reference is the first bullet point in the preamble).

We'll see how long Bachmann's BS stands up. I'm predicting a full recant by Bachmann within 48 hrs.

Hopefully, it will be to little-too late to save her misbegotten campaign.

- The Washington Post
I wish she would apologize for being born. The woman is about a dozen bricks shy of a full load. IMO, for anyone as far out as this woman to rise to this level of prominance is damn scary. It illuminates just how whacked out the world has become......not that we've not been there before.

When times are bad, the masses get scared. When the masses are scared they are easily influenced and evil people can take over.....or just crazy nuts like Bachmann. This has been repeated over and over and over in history. The history of Hitler's rise to power is an excellent example. I don't know M. Bachmann, and only know what little I've read and what I've heard come out of her mouth. This is a woman who encouraged the bullying of young gays, or even those percevied as gay in the school system, and with policies that teachers, counselors and school administrators cannot intervene. There have been nine suicides in one district in MN. The F'N _____ won't even comment on it. Can you imagine her as President?

I believe there are enough sane people, both Republicans and Dems, in this country to keep this nut from getting close to the Whitehouse. She will falter as the campaign moves on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies