Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 01:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And so to solve the problem Obama started yet another war, and grossly increased the deficit, good work. It doesn't matter what Bush did in the past, what Obama is doing TODAY is bad and making things worse, is that so hard to grasp? You can't justify poor decisions NOW by saying 'well look what the other guy did'. A bad strategy is a bad strategy - period.
Oh yes it does matter what Bush did in the past! Isn't it Bush who said history would judge him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 01:07 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,468,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Explain to me how Palin managed to become the mayor of a city in Alaska with no debt and when her term was over the town was deep in the red.

All of these freakin tea bags are the same. They must think the rest of us are as freakin stupid as they are. WE can't remember today what was said yesterday. What is in the record of what they have done does not matter because we are too stupid to be able to goggle it.

I hope that you know they are nothing but a cult. Reality has no place at all in their world. Facts are irrelavent to their make believe world. They don't lie, they misspeak.
Palin and her ilk are like a bad disease. It's contagious to all those people who hate their lives, their country and their neighbour.
Can't rep you yet, but you said a lot of good stuff here. It must be very interesting watching all of this from north of the border. I wonder how many other Canadians are scratching their heads at us.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:13 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You seriously believe that mess we are in is solely the fault of "liberal" policies?

Progressive policy and ideology. So yes, since the Progressives of the early last century, that relabeled themselves liberals, after WW-II exposed progressive ideology and we fought hard against it after seeing where it takes a nation. Big steps or little steps to get there, it is the same hell against freedom and liberty.

Distributing the wealth, eventually makes everyone but the very elite, politically connected, not have anything.

It creates a two class system and the power with wealth separation, is increased 3 fold.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Progressive policy and ideology.
Distributing the wealth eventually makes everyone but the very elite, politically connected, not have anything.

It creates a two class system and the power with wealth separation, is increased 3 fold.
You mean this distribution of wealth?

Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,004,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yep. Those same wars. And now the money is gone. At least Obama got Osama without starting a war with Pakistan.
At best Obama signed off on a raid structured and created by agencies and military officials that had been hunting Bin Laden since the Bush administration. Not much of an accomplishment in the mind of any individual that bases their evaluation on reality vs hyperbole.

Enjoy your non-discerning liberal bliss. I'll stick with basing my evaluations on fact rather than government fabricated fantasy.

As an aside and based on reality as opposed to undiscerning fantasy how much of a difference with regard to the overall success of the fallacious "war on terror" will the death of one individual make in the actual safety of daily life in this country?

Really, even the ratings of partisan pollsters have stopped assigning so much as a bump in their overall rating of the would be commander in chief in response to the purported death of Bin Laden.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:22 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,230,874 times
The liberal media's clever tactic of giving so much press and air time to Palin, because she is annoying and arrogant, works so well. Even when what she says is 100% correct, liberals simply discount her. Even non-liberals are tempted. But don't fall for supporting the status quo, simply because the powers-that-be are skilled at psychological manipulation.

I, too, think Sarah Palin is incredibly unlikable. It's the only reason she is allowed to speak at all. But we have to look at the message, not the messenger. I rarely see liberals actually arguing that Government should be bigger, more intrusive, or should take more money from poor people. But by discounting and criticizing the only people who are allowed to speak by the liberal Media, in effect this IS what they support.

I think even liberals realize that no matter how much they want "the rich" to pay more, that isn't going to happen in today's America where our TRULY rich are not only insanely greedy, but so traitorous that they couldn't care less that they have destroyed America in a single generation. Any cry of "tax the rich" that reaches the ears of Washington will be put into law as even MORE taxes on the working professionals in their peak earning years, who already bear an enormous tax burden. Unfortunately our tax code lumps in the billionaires like Bill Gates, with those of us working 80 hours a week after paying for many years of higher education and sacrificing our lives to salaried jobs.

When I hear Ron Paul talk in debates, he not only delights me, but also gets incredible crowd support--far more than the supposed "front-runners." This was proven at the NH Republican Presidential debates earlier this year, when Paul got numerous standing ovations, and far more applause than any other candidate. The liberal media immediately reported that polls found "0%" thought he won the debate. It was later revealed that they had to resort to creating their own poll of 70 people and specifically selecting who took the poll. The level of public manipulation is so ridiculous that it is hard to comprehend.

It would be a real shame if we watched America destroyed in one generation, robbed of her entire wealth and future, and STILL supported the corrupt traitors who did this to her.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
At best Obama signed off on a raid structured and created by agencies and military officials that had been hunting Bin Laden since the Bush administration. Not much of an accomplishment in the mind of any individual that bases their evaluation on reality vs hyperbole.

Enjoy your non-discerning liberal bliss. I'll stick with basing my evaluations on fact rather than government fabricated fantasy.

As an aside and based on reality as opposed to undiscerning fantasy how much of a difference with regard to the overall success of the fallacious "war on terror" will the death of one individual make in the actual safety of daily life in this country?

Really, even the ratings of partisan pollsters have stopped assigning so much as a bump in their overall rating of the would be commander in chief in response to the purported death of Bin Laden.
Is that what the conservatives keep telling themselves?

Old 07-10-2011, 01:33 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,482,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Why are liberals so obsessed with Sarah Palin that they must create these threads?

They must be so afraid of her that they have a need to create a thread every time she says something.

This thread is another example of liberal obsession with Palin. Leave her alone, all she wants is privacy and to be left in peace.
Sorry but a liberal did not create this thread. Sanrene is anything but a liberal, just ask her. Why do conservatives bash a liberal when they start a thread on Palin but applaud when a neocon starts one.?

Old 07-10-2011, 01:38 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,482,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How right she is. With the abysmal failure of obama's stimulus, the tap has run dry, the chickens have come home to roost and the out of control spending we have seen for the last 4 years is crippling this country.

The Sugar Daddy Has Run Out of Sugar; Now We Need New Leaders | Facebook

She references Thatcher who was spot on - they have run out of other people's money to spend, but still they want more.

Let this be a lesson to the American people - liberal policies (tax, spend, tax some more) WILL lead you on the path to ruin. We see across the globe and across this nation.
You really think she wrote this on her own? That woman isn't intellegent enough to write something like that. She had a ghost writter write her book, I bet she just copied and pasted what someone else wrote and paid them for it.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:02 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,405,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
The liberal media's clever tactic of giving so much press and air time to Palin, because she is annoying and arrogant, works so well. Even when what she says is 100% correct, liberals simply discount her. Even non-liberals are tempted. But don't fall for supporting the status quo, simply because the powers-that-be are skilled at psychological manipulation.

I, too, think Sarah Palin is incredibly unlikable. It's the only reason she is allowed to speak at all. But we have to look at the message, not the messenger. I rarely see liberals actually arguing that Government should be bigger, more intrusive, or should take more money from poor people. But by discounting and criticizing the only people who are allowed to speak by the liberal Media, in effect this IS what they support.

I think even liberals realize that no matter how much they want "the rich" to pay more, that isn't going to happen in today's America where our TRULY rich are not only insanely greedy, but so traitorous that they couldn't care less that they have destroyed America in a single generation. Any cry of "tax the rich" that reaches the ears of Washington will be put into law as even MORE taxes on the working professionals in their peak earning years, who already bear an enormous tax burden. Unfortunately our tax code lumps in the billionaires like Bill Gates, with those of us working 80 hours a week after paying for many years of higher education and sacrificing our lives to salaried jobs.

When I hear Ron Paul talk in debates, he not only delights me, but also gets incredible crowd support--far more than the supposed "front-runners." This was proven at the NH Republican Presidential debates earlier this year, when Paul got numerous standing ovations, and far more applause than any other candidate. The liberal media immediately reported that polls found "0%" thought he won the debate. It was later revealed that they had to resort to creating their own poll of 70 people and specifically selecting who took the poll. The level of public manipulation is so ridiculous that it is hard to comprehend.

It would be a real shame if we watched America destroyed in one generation, robbed of her entire wealth and future, and STILL supported the corrupt traitors who did this to her.
It would be real ironic if you ask me...

Quote:
Joseph Stalin
February 9, 1946

It would be wrong to think that the Second World War broke out accidentally, or as a result of blunders committed by certain statesmen, although blunders were certainly committed. As a matter of fact, the war broke out as the inevitable result of the development of world economic and political forces on the basis of present-day monopolistic capitalism. Marxists have more than once stated that the capitalist system of world economy contains the elements of a general crisis and military conflicts, that, in view of that, the development of world capitalism in our times does not proceed smoothly and evenly, but through crises and catastrophic wars. The point is that the uneven development of capitalist countries usually leads, in the course of time, to a sharp disturbance of the equilibrium within the world system of capitalism, and that group of capitalist countries regards itself as being less securely provides with raw materials and markets usually attempts to change the situation and to redistribute "spheres of influence" in its own favor -- by employing armed force. As a result of this, the capitalist world is split into two hostile camps, and war breaks out between them.
http://web.mead.k12.wa.us/dstedman/c...in_2worlds.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies