U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which cable news network provides the most accurate news & has the most politically diverse repr
Fox News 44 47.83%
PMSNBC 9 9.78%
CNN 39 42.39%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,093,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
I've watched them at all hours. The fact that they allow and promote the mindless partisan braying of a blindly partisan idiot like Hannity completely puts me off.

I'd rather get my news from multiple sources on the net and form my own opinions rather than have and agenda driven news outlet attempt to influence those opinions.
Banks Financing Mexico Gangs Admitted in Wells Fargo Deal - Bloomberg

Quote:
They found 128 black suitcases, packed with 5.7 tons of cocaine, valued at $100 million. The stash was supposed to have been delivered from Caracas to drug traffickers in Toluca, near Mexico City, Mexican prosecutors later found. Law enforcement officials also discovered something else.
The smugglers had bought the DC-9 with laundered funds they transferred through two of the biggest banks in the U.S.: Wachovia Corp. and Bank of America Corp., Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its August 2010 issue.
How about no one has ever reported that Wachovia/Wells Fargo was involved in laundering hundreds of billions of dollars in drug money from Latin America? Can't be a conspiracy theory if it's from a mainline source eh?

Here's what I also dug up

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/1...ons-of-COCAINE

Quote:
This Florida based Gulfstream II jet aircraft # N987SA crash landed on September 24, 2007 after it ran out of fuel over Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula it had a cargo of several tons of Cocaine on board now documents have turned up on both sides of the Atlantic that link this Cocaine Smuggling Gulfstream II jet aircraft # N987SA that crashed in Mexico to the CIA who used it on at least 3 rendition flights from Europe and the USA to Guantanamo's infamous torture chambers between 2003 to 2005.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 AM

24,889 posts, read 21,009,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What hours of the day do you do your Fox viewing? I would say that when you threw in Hannity it must be the prime time hours. Maybe you need to watch them now and then during the daytime hours, especially now that Beck is gone.
Question.

When do most Americans work? And when they are working, how many people have time to watch TV?

What you are saying is that Fox isn't as biased during the day, but only when people are watching.

Whats the difference?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 AM

44,924 posts, read 28,147,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I would love to hear from the left EXACTLY the things Fox News supposedly lied about. Not vague, but ACTUAL & FACTUAL.

Which television news network provides the most accurate news and has the most politically diverse representation of guests on the opinion programming? I watch them all and Fox News has been the most accurate and they also have lots of people from the left on as guests, which I like as I want to hear how they can try to defend Obama's epic failures.

Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Fox Most Trusted Name In News: Public Policy Polling
I cheated and read your links, after voting, and learned that PPP finds that Fox is preferred by 1151 polled people. I will say that the pundits on Fox have been talking about how little you can trust PPP polls the past couple of weeks so maybe they aren't as right as they think they are.

I got a kick out of reading the replies that came before I started writing here, one from a lefty and one from a right leaner. Neither of them views Fox during the daytime hours, I am sure.

This could prove to be an interesting thread since now we have enough replies to bury your OP and most lefties don't read things like your links, anyway.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 AM

3,083 posts, read 3,418,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Yes, here's a 21 page list of egregious lies from Fox News.

Fox Nation | Media Matters for America (http://mediamatters.org/search/tag/fox_nation?page=1&tab=all&tags=fox_nation - broken link)

Nice poll from, 18 months ago. Both links reference the same poll. Class there.

Argumentum ad populum - RationalWiki

"This logical fallacy is often used by children as an excuse for wanting something (everybody's got one), or doing something (everybody's doing it). Despite the juvenile nature of the argument, it is often used by people who should know better, particularly by those who are trying to force other people to their way of thinking."
Had you given equal time to abuses on your chosen side of the aisle you may have had a valid argument. Sadly, like many on the left, you seem to believe only the "other side" should be held accountable.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:28 AM

7,090 posts, read 10,741,250 times
Reading comprehension failure.

Quote:
Had you given equal time to abuses on your chosen side of the aisle you may have had a valid argument. Sadly, like many on the left, you seem to believe only the "other side" should be held accountable.
It was in answer to this question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I would love to hear from the left EXACTLY the things Fox News supposedly lied about. Not vague, but ACTUAL & FACTUAL.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I've watched them at all hours. The fact that they allow and promote the mindless partisan braying of a blindly partisan idiot like Hannity completely puts me off.

I'd rather get my news from multiple sources on the net and form my own opinions rather than have and agenda driven news outlet attempt to influence those opinions.
I know how you seem to feel when you reply here but I do not think you have watched a lot of daytime Fox unless maybe the early morning one that Media Matters has our lefties on all the time. The only thing I see a lot of partisan bias during the day comes from that early show and then beginning at 3:00 CDT but that stops at 5:00 and tomorrow will stop at 4:00 CDT.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't watch any of these networks (well, occasionally at a friends or my parents place or a clip online now and then). I don't have a tv.
And your online clips come mostly from Media Matters, huh?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:31 AM

7,090 posts, read 10,741,250 times
Quote:
I got a kick out of reading the replies that came before I started writing here, one from a lefty and one from a right leaner. Neither of them views Fox during the daytime hours, I am sure.
Well normal people work to support those sitting around all day watching TV.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:32 AM

14,920 posts, read 11,136,051 times
Quote:
And your online clips come mostly from Media Matters, huh?
What's Media Matters?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:32 AM

10,783 posts, read 11,817,587 times
Take your pick, fox can't stop lying

YouTube - ‪Daily Show Jon Stewart lists a few Lie's from Fox News‬‏

YouTube - ‪Bill O'Reilly Lies to Bill Maher on Fox News Misreporting Cost of Obama Trip to India?‬‏

Politifact 2010 lie of the year, yep, spread by fox news,..

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...r-health-care/

Shirley Sherrod anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies