U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which cable news network provides the most accurate news & has the most politically diverse repr
Fox News 44 47.83%
PMSNBC 9 9.78%
CNN 39 42.39%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 02:20 PM

2,127 posts, read 1,456,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The truth is that I watch very little TV and I find Fox to be one of the best sources of background noise to keep from having to listen to music all the time.

Why do i always see those Media Matters clips from other blogs from so many of you left leaners? Blogs are blogs and they tend to work together to get out their story. I bet you don't think of HuffPo as a blog but their URL gives them away.
Your self-delusion is incredible, and I feel bad for you if you find it so important to desperately defend a channel that you refer to as background noise (this is also a blatant lie, you've made dozens of posts about "last night on Glenn Beck" and so on, telling people they should watch, etc.). I don't care about Media Matters or Huffington Post, nor do I visit either of those sites on a regular basis. Your constant defense of "blogs blogs BLOGS BLOGS" is pathetic, and completely besides the point.

It humors me when people constantly rail against George Soros while throwing money at Rupert Murdoch.

YouTube - ‪Murdoch of Fox News Admits Manipulating the News for Agenda‬‏

How much more straightforward does it get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 02:24 PM

7,090 posts, read 9,721,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Again, you fail to notice that I was condemning both sides of this argument. Not a common platform for your average conspiracy theorist.

Feel free to add a reply giving yourself the last word. I'm done with this discussion.
Yes, you are such a middle ground person with very nice statements in other threads like...

"No, that's what a factual view of reality supports. As I said, enjoy your liberal bliss."

"Your posts paint you as a liberal. I really couldn't care less what you choose to call yourself." (Channeling Conservapedia there?)

"Where's your much touted liberal empathy (don't even attempt to classify yourself a Libertarian again. You're anything but Libertarian)?"

"Enjoy your non-discerning liberal bliss. I'll stick with basing my evaluations on fact rather than government fabricated fantasy."

I'm not even halfway down the most recent page too! If you want I can call the Waaaahmbulance with wahmburgers and french cries since you run away at the first sign of a logical argument that you can't BS your way out of. It was never a conversation, since you never at one point validated any claim.

Last edited by subsound; 07-10-2011 at 02:37 PM..

Old 07-10-2011, 02:25 PM

4,404 posts, read 4,896,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I defend Fox partly because I had to watch only CNN for the 24/7 type of listening and got so sick of it that on my birthday in 2004 there was Fox and I thought it was a present (well not really). After seeing Fox for about a month I had a heart attack and after 6 bypass surgery I had to spend about 3 weeks at home watching TV or reading. During that time Fox disappeared from my satellite program. My wife wouldn't let me pay extra to see the thing so I had to wait about a year and a half for DishNet to put them on the regular program. How much did I come to hate CNN? So much that I still don't stop there when switching around. I can see MSNBC on my son's TV but never waste my time since as my favorite blogger says, they should be called LSDNBC for their programming.

Since you see the bias in about 1 minute I bet you never watch Fox, at all, but do learn a lot about them from Media Matters. Am I completely wrong about that?
Frankly, I never visit Media Matters. I turned Fox off several years ago, it's programmed out of my channel line up so I never see it anymore except by accident. I turned Fox off locally after calling them on their outright lie during their news program. They hung up on me. I forget the issue but other stations were reporting the exact opposite and I took their story as true and believable. So, now when I'm forced to watch Fox at my parents (my Dad's story is similar to yours, sorry about your health issues) I still hear bias in every show.

I still contend that the left-ward lean on other networks is a response to the right-ward lean on Fox. So I blame Fox for the downfall of information in our society. It's not a good situation for anyone. Armed with the truth (something which doesn't have a side, it just is), Americans would be a formidable group.

I get my news from a variety of sources, some I believe most of the time, others I discount fairly quickly. The more the source blames someone else, the less credible it is.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:22 PM

317 posts, read 424,378 times
In my opinion, every cable news network are inaccurate.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:32 PM

773 posts, read 325,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I prefer Fox News, especially Bill O'Reilly. He's the best!
I love the diverse guests he has on his show, but I hate how much he cuts off ALL guests. I want to hear more from the guests and less from him. But the show's format is too short I guess. I just don't see the variety of sides represented any better than Fox does overall. PMSNBC is 99% HARD left and they put one sacrificial semi-conservative out once in a while. PMSNBC is absolytely INSANE!

Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Try the associated press, the BBC, PBS is even quite good.

I know, I know, Fox news says they are all liberal, but they aren't.
If you come from a certain viewpoint, you won't see it as skewed. Trust me, AP is basically written word for word by Obama's crew, PBS is very left. BBC is left, but probably straighter than most US lamestreams.

And FOX never told me any of that. It is from simply listening to/reading BBC, AP & PBS and seeing/hearing how they IGNORE certain stories and BEND the facts on others.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:38 PM

Glad to see Fox News is winning this poll rather easily.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 PM

24,890 posts, read 18,071,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
If you come from a certain viewpoint, you won't see it as skewed. Trust me, AP is basically written word for word by Obama's crew, PBS is very left. BBC is left, but probably straighter than most US lamestreams.

And FOX never told me any of that. It is from simply listening to/reading BBC, AP & PBS and seeing/hearing how they IGNORE certain stories and BEND the facts on others.
Do you have any proof? I can show you countless examples of Fox bias.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:59 PM

7,090 posts, read 9,721,125 times
Quote:

Yes, trust you...because you don't have a single fact to prove any of it.

That is because it's another...

Some people don't get how insanely stupid their view point is when it requires bizarrely contorted logic with the rest of the world to constantly working against them and spending insane sums of money. Instead of seeing they are the problem, and they are just wrong.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:29 PM

15,404 posts, read 17,355,082 times
Quote:
I would love to hear from the left EXACTLY the things Fox News supposedly lied about. Not vague, but ACTUAL & FACTUAL.

Which television news network provides the most accurate news and has the most politically diverse representation of guests on the opinion programming? I watch them all and Fox News has been the most accurate and they also have lots of people from the left on as guests, which I like as I want to hear how they can try to defend Obama's epic failures.

Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Fox Most Trusted Name In News: Public Policy Polling
Here ya go....ask a dumb question......get an honest answer!

Fox News Lies

News Hounds: We watch FOX so you don't have to.

10 Most Ridiculous Fox News Lies, Creative Edits, and Half-Truths - Spiteful Critic

"Fox News Lies" While Covering Pro-Labor Protests In Wisconsin | Media Matters for America

Fox News Boycott | Propaganda Techniques Used by Fox News

Fox News' Lies Keep Them Out of Canada

Fox News Lies? New Video Shows Fox Reporter Merely Tapped By Union Protester

Fox News reporter appears to have lied about being ‘punched’ by protester | The Raw Story

Fox News Lies Exposed: Ron Paul CPAC 2011 Video | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/157223/bustedfox-news-cpac-ron-paul-video-deception - broken link)

CNN's Nic Robertson Tears Into Fox News For Saying Libyans Used Him As Human Shield (VIDEO)

Fox news lies about Wisconsin protests — RT

CNN Foreign Correspondent Calls Out Fox News: ‘Outrageous’ ‘Lies And Deceit’ | ThinkProgress

YouTube - ‪FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 1 of 2)‬‏

YouTube - ‪FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 2 of 2)‬‏

My fingers cramped up but there is much more!

P.S.....I have the Brooklyn Bridge in my portfolio...I'll sell it to ya cheap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies