Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which cable news network provides the most accurate news & has the most politically diverse repr
Fox News 44 47.83%
PMSNBC 9 9.78%
CNN 39 42.39%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:04 AM

773 posts, read 503,798 times

Advertisements

I would love to hear from the left EXACTLY the things Fox News supposedly lied about. Not vague, but ACTUAL & FACTUAL.

Which television news network provides the most accurate news and has the most politically diverse representation of guests on the opinion programming? I watch them all and Fox News has been the most accurate and they also have lots of people from the left on as guests, which I like as I want to hear how they can try to defend Obama's epic failures.

Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Fox Most Trusted Name In News: Public Policy Polling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 11:08 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
I was under the impression these three networks are commentary networks.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:08 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
They all lie. None of them tell the real truth except Judge Napolitano

Old 07-10-2011, 11:12 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
I couldn't answer your poll. It failed to include an option of none of the above.

Fox may well be better than many of the other major cable networks. However, as long as they allow agenda driven buffoons like Hannity to marginalize candidates like Ron Paul while touting the virtues of RINOs like Romney they will continue to alienate those of us looking for factual news.

I have no use for blind partisan bias whether that partisanship is oriented in the favor of either Democrats or Republicans. I want a true factual account of news. Fox does no more to provide that than CNN or MSNBC.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:14 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I was under the impression these three networks are commentary networks.
I would say that you fail to watch Fox News during the daytime hours. Of course, you are right about the 8:00 to 11:00 times, though.

You need to try Fox during the daytime hours to see just what they do do instead of taking the words of Media Matters and the other Soros groups that were created for destruction of Fox and for no other reason.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:16 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
I couldn't answer your poll. It failed to include an option of none of the above.

Fox may well be better than many of the other major cable networks. However, as long as they allow agenda driven buffoons like Hannity to marginalize candidates like Ron Paul while touting the virtues of RINOs like Romney they will continue to alienate those of us looking for factual news.

I have no use for blind partisan bias whether that partisanship is oriented in the favor of either Democrats or Republicans. I want a true factual account of news. Fox does no more to provide that than CNN or MSNBC.
What hours of the day do you do your Fox viewing? I would say that when you threw in Hannity it must be the prime time hours. Maybe you need to watch them now and then during the daytime hours, especially now that Beck is gone.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Can't answer the poll, none of the above.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:20 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Yes, here's a 21 page list of egregious lies from Fox News.

Fox Nation | Media Matters for America (http://mediamatters.org/search/tag/fox_nation?page=1&tab=all&tags=fox_nation - broken link)

Nice poll from, 18 months ago. Both links reference the same poll. Class there.

Argumentum ad populum - RationalWiki

"This logical fallacy is often used by children as an excuse for wanting something (everybody's got one), or doing something (everybody's doing it). Despite the juvenile nature of the argument, it is often used by people who should know better, particularly by those who are trying to force other people to their way of thinking."

Old 07-10-2011, 11:21 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What hours of the day do you do your Fox viewing? I would say that when you threw in Hannity it must be the prime time hours. Maybe you need to watch them now and then during the daytime hours, especially now that Beck is gone.
I've watched them at all hours. The fact that they allow and promote the mindless partisan braying of a blindly partisan idiot like Hannity completely puts me off.

I'd rather get my news from multiple sources on the net and form my own opinions rather than have and agenda driven news outlet attempt to influence those opinions.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would say that you fail to watch Fox News during the daytime hours. Of course, you are right about the 8:00 to 11:00 times, though.

You need to try Fox during the daytime hours to see just what they do do instead of taking the words of Media Matters and the other Soros groups that were created for destruction of Fox and for no other reason.
I don't watch any of these networks (well, occasionally at a friends or my parents place or a clip online now and then). I don't have a tv.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies