Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,696,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Witch Hunt Against Biased Banks"

Let that sink in for a moment.

So, DOJ shouldn't target "biased banks"? Intersting..LOL
Ya didn't read the link did ya? DOJ wants banks to relax standards so unqualified folks can get loans. Let that sink in. Any idea how we got into this mess to begin with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,383,051 times
We no longer are a nation of laws.

The non-disclosure requirement extorted from the blackmail victims is raw tyranny, totally at odds with the American Way.

Every time I wonder if my support for Republicans needs to be reconsidered (they are the second-most-atrocious political party in the country), some new combination of pure evil and astonishing stupidity seeps out of this corrupt administration.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:13 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,490,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ya didn't read the link did ya? DOJ wants banks to relax standards so unqualified folks can get loans. Let that sink in. Any idea how we got into this mess to begin with?
DOJ wants banks to stop being biased. They also haven't forced the banks to do anything. Also, I'm sure "investors.com" is going to report this straight forward. I got emoticons too chump..:cryin g:

Old 07-10-2011, 08:18 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,696,534 times
Quote:
DOJ wants banks to stop being biased. They also haven't forced the banks to do anything. Also, I'm sure "investors.com" is going to report this straight forward. I got emoticons too chump..:cryin g:
Ya still haven't read it. The DOJ is suing the banks, that is known as intimidation. If you think that reducing loan standards is a swell idea, you're gonna love the coming double dip due to this stupidity. It is a carbon copy of what got us into this

Oh yea, I love it when lefties attack the source. How silly. If it is so biased you should be able to knock it outta the park, yet ya got nuttin'.

Cheers!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:21 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,845,691 times
Quote:
I know what it "implies"..It's just a provocative word used in a title to get righties drooling. It worked.
So then you know why your last post was a dishonest spin on the title? Obviously no one is upset that the DOJ is going after biased banks. People are upset that the DOJ is on a witch hunt for biased banks.

So either you're lying and you don't know what a "witch hunt" implies, or that post you made was intellectually dishonest.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:22 PM

"Justice spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa said the anti-discrimination notice "does not compel the banks to make loans to people who do not qualify." She said such measures are "essential to remedy the harmful effects of the banks' conduct."

I tell you what, you guys are funny. How about you read the entire article? The more emoticons doesn't make your nonsense factual.

Cheers!!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
They are attempting to force them to lower standards for minorities. That is not a correction of bias, that is a forced racial preference meant to counter a perceived injustice. IE two wrongs make a right.

How you can defend this is truly beyond me.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
So then you know why your last post was a dishonest spin on the title? Obviously no one is upset that the DOJ is going after biased banks. People are upset that the DOJ is on a witch hunt for biased banks.

So either you're lying and you don't know what a "witch hunt" implies, or that post you made was intellectually dishonest.

Read my above post. This is a provocative article about absolutely nothing. That's why the saved the most important statement for the end. By then righties are already rushing to get it up on forums and spread the venum.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:26 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,907,335 times
frozenyo is right that ibd does lean right, and therefore should probably not be taken at face value.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
"Justice spokeswoman Xochitl Hinojosa said the anti-discrimination notice "does not compel the banks to make loans to people who do not qualify." She said such measures are "essential to remedy the harmful effects of the banks' conduct."

I tell you what, you guys are funny. How about you read the entire article? The more emoticons doesn't make your nonsense factual.

Cheers!!
This is FORCING banks to make loans they would not otherwise make based SOLELY on race. You post a quote and think that makes your case? Are you disputing that this is adding race to the equation for consideration of a loan?

This is racism.

Quote:
the Justice Department has asked several banks to relax their mortgage underwriting standards and approve loans for minorities with poor credit
Quote:
Settlements include setting aside prime-rate mortgages for low-income blacks and Hispanics with blemished credit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies