Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Oh, and don't forget ranking as the dumbest state in the country, which is no doubt why these things happen and we have the people we do here.

Sigh. I've got some boxes and bubble wrap and I plan to start packing.
I'll bet a lot of people will try to keep the door from hitting you in the butt while you are making your escape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Hello, you're talking about the state wherein people strapped guns like AK 47s on their back outside the convention center where Obama was speaking. You are talking about a state where it's ok to walk into a bar with a gun.

How on God's green earth do you find it acceptable to point a gun at a reporter?
You wouldn't be talking about the Democrat who was trying to make Tea Party people look bad with his rifle on his back, would you? Did that one not really happen? Of course, it worked out for the left news people until someone found out the truth.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:30 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Has this woman or anybody else ever pointed a loaded weapon at you? I wonder because some of the things you post make me wonder if somebody might not do that.

Have you really seen any part of the whole story other than the story from HuffPo and the OP? I haven't and would certainly like to see some of the rest of the story.
I do not associate with people who would point guns at me. Nonetheless, I am very careful when driving on the freeway as I am well aware there are many guns in other peoples' cars. And it's absolutely horrible (and almost threatening) that you would say that someone might point a gun at me for what I say on here. I have no time for this city or state and keep to myself.

However, if you would like more "local" news sources, have at it:

Legislator denies pointing loaded gun at reporter

http://www.arizonaguardian.com/azg/i...sfp&Itemid=236

http://tucsoncitizen.com/in-the-aggregate/2011/07/11/senator%E2%80%99s-mishandling-of-weapon-highlights-need-for-senate-ban-ethics-inquiry/ (broken link)

Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
You wouldn't be talking about the Democrat who was trying to make Tea Party people look bad with his rifle on his back, would you? Did that one not really happen? Of course, it worked out for the left news people until someone found out the truth.
No, I'd be talking about the dozen protesters who showed up:

Man with assault rifle attends Obama protest - politics - White House - msnbc.com

Old 07-11-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'll bet a lot of people will try to keep the door from hitting you in the butt while you are making your escape.
I could not care less. The day I leave this whackadoodle state will be the happiest day of my life.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
What none of you might realize, is this is just another day in whackadoodle land for me. This story doesn't surprise me in the least. But then I live in AZ.

However, what is shocking is her choice of individual to point the gun at. I mean, we're talking a reporter from the major newspaper here, not some small public interest paper like La Raza.

Oh, well, just another day in looney tune world. We've got Jan Brewer, John McCain, Sheriff Joe, Sarah Palin...it just doesn't get any better than this.
There is a high concentration of loons there, I have to agree. Must be the dry heat. Just kidding. Unfortunately, it's not that the woman had any harmful intent (I'm pretty sure there was none) but shows a rather shocking lack of judgment, much like Weiner. But this was far worse (if true). These people lead us?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:47 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
There is a high concentration of loons there, I have to agree. Must be the dry heat. Just kidding. Unfortunately, it's not that the woman had any harmful intent (I'm pretty sure there was none) but shows a rather shocking lack of judgment, much like Weiner. These people lead us?
Problems, problems. Every state has its problems.

Illinois governors no strangers to prison | ksdk.com

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Illinois has tons of whackadoodles. My whackadoodle meter is pegged

Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
There is a high concentration of loons there, I have to agree. Must be the dry heat. Just kidding. Unfortunately, it's not that the woman had any harmful intent (I'm pretty sure there was none) but shows a rather shocking lack of judgment, much like Weiner. But this was far worse (if true). These people lead us?
Actually, I could find a link for you where it's said the sun does literally bake your brain in this state. So you do not have to say just kidding.

We don't know what her intent was. It's obvious from this reporter's surname he is Latino. But you're right. It is shocking and she should be removed from office immediately.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No revolver I have shot,(38 and 357) had a safety.
They all had very stiff triggers, unless the hammer was cocked.

Who got shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So, it's only a problem if you actually shoot some one?

Um, the legal definition of assault includes pointing a loaded weapon at them. I don't think she was any more then brainless, but recklessly endangering some one is a problem.

Even NRA groups are astonished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Just because the Senator managed not to shoot somebody doesn't mean that her actions were in any way remotely reasonable.

Pulling a gun and pointing it at someone is almost certainly a gross deviation from any reasonable person's standard of care, that creates a substantial and unjustifiable risk that she could've shot him. If Arizona has a statute on menacing, her actions would likely fall into that offense.

Quote:
Awwwww.......heck. No big deal. I just like pointing loaded guns at peoples heart just to make it skip a beat.

Ha ha ha ha.......great fun!

You guys and gals, sure can read something into a post, that is not there.

A simple yes or no question, turns into banter and the question never gets answered?

But Klein, in an e-mail to Arizona Capitol Times, said there was only one instance where she turned on the laser sight while on the table, and she wrote that Ruelas sat himself down in front of it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies