Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,940,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Perhaps you would like to explain to the forum what you see as being wrong with that statement and what you perceive as "that way of thinking" since you are the one challenging it.

Waiting..........
Cantor was making that we owe our prosperity to God and our prosperity is due to us supporting Israel.

You don't see a problem with the logic that the United States Prosperity is due to a country that did not come into modern existance until the 1940's. Between the founding of the U.S. and the 1940's why were we prosperous?

Israel owes everything they have prosperity and otherwise to the United States and not the otherway around.

If you are making a religious argument, then the religous forum would be a better place to discuss. You can't argue faith that has no basis in fact, so if that is your argument that you have faith in biblical Israel and anything that the modern state does is some fulfillment of a divine prophesy, then you are entitled to it. However, I don't want the country to be pulled down by a myth and complete lack of reason based on a myth perpetuated by Israel in order to gain blind support from the fundamentalist in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 10:50 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,318,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That is boring to you. Maybe this will put you to sleep.

"GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor met on Wednesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- the same day when the actual U.S. Secretary of State met with Netanyahu -- and vowed that he and his GOP colleagues would protect and defend Israeli interests against his own Government. "

Eric Cantor's Pledge of Allegiance - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com
It doesn't bore me at all. This gives me a warm feeling all over: Obama's idiotic and risible idea of using pre-'67 borders makes him no small threat to the Middle East's only democracy (besides Iraq, thank you George Walker Bush.)

Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,907,532 times
Quote:
Cantor was making that we owe our prosperity to God and our prosperity is due to us supporting Israel.

You don't see a problem with the logic that the United States Prosperity is due to a country that did not come into modern existance until the 1940's. Between the founding of the U.S. and the 1940's why were we prosperous?

Israel owes everything they have prosperity and otherwise to the United States and not the otherway around.

If you are making a religious argument, then the religous forum would be a better place to discuss. You can't argue faith that has no basis in fact, so if that is your argument that you have faith in biblical Israel and anything that the modern state does is some fulfillment of a divine prophesy, then you are entitled to it. However, I don't want the country to be pulled down by a myth and complete lack of reason based on a myth perpetuated by Israel in order to gain blind support from the fundamentalist in the U.S.
Actually, you are the one who has brought religion and faith up, not me, I noted history.

Given your comments I doubt that you actually read the entirety of the article you linked. Instead you jump on one word and skew it to fit your anti-Israel, anti- Judeo-Christian faith agenda. In such you deny the actual history and well documented thoughts, faiths, and motivation of the founders of this country. Just because a position is not politically correct in your estimation does not mean it is not true. You simpily cannot revise history to suit your personal agenda and then declare it as fact and expect anyone to take this thread or your posts seriously.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
It doesn't bore me at all. This gives me a warm feeling all over: Obama's idiotic and risible idea of using pre-'67 borders makes him no small threat to the Middle East's only democracy (besides Iraq, thank you George Walker Bush.)

Risible. Don't see that word often. Most interesting part of the post. Israel's political borders would be for another thread. Feel free to start it. I would post there.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:02 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,004 times
Quote:
Sorry, you completely misrepresent where i stand on Israel. I know it is a convenient narrative for you, but it is simply untrue. I could give a rats arse one way or the other about Israel. I neither love or hate Israel. I don't understand how you can hate any country. I may hate a countries policies, but not all the people in the country and Israel is not an exception to the rule.

What I have a problem with is people...american citizens, especially representatives who put another countries interest above that of our country.

The fact is that this President and other President's most notably Bush has asked other countries to give up their soverignty. Well not asked, demanded it and then invaded to accomplish. I was not in favor of those recent invasions and I would not be in favor of invasion in Israel, but that is really not the issue here.
1. Bush never 'chose' to invade any country to demand their sovereignty.

2. Does Bush doing it mean that Skippy can make demands on Israel to give up land?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:03 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,405,208 times
Quote:
It is really true. The dude said that. Cantor the only Jewish Republican simply doing some remarkable revisionist history to appease AIPAC. The Jewish lobby. They pretty much own Cantor.

"The colonists, including Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, saw themselves as a New Israel crossing to the Promised Land."

Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Newsroom || Leader Cantor's Remarks to AIPAC

You just can't make this sh***t up. This is the leader of the Republican party in Congress. This is your frigging leader. Are you kidding me. OMG.
I was already getting nervous about this guy taking the lead in this budget fiasco now I'm down right terrified. These Zionists have no problem with driving America into the ground.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually, you are the one who has brought religion and faith up, not me, I noted history.

Given your comments I doubt that you actually read the entirety of the article you linked. Instead you jump on one word and skew it to fit your anti-Israel, anti- Judeo-Christian faith agenda. In such you deny the actual history and well documented thoughts, faiths, and motivation of the founders of this country. Just because a position is not politically correct in your estimation does not mean it is not true. You simpily cannot revise history to suit your personal agenda and then declare it as fact and expect anyone to take this thread or your posts seriously.
Very humerous. I am not Anti any religion. I am technically Jewish but a Christian in beliefs, although I would venture to say that my view of Christianity is far different than yours, although that would be for another forum.

I am pretty well read on american history. I do not recall any of the founders stating that they wanted to build another Israel in the U.S., if you have some historical documents to that effect please do post. I don't believe any of the founding fathers were Jewish, although the govt. did receive financing from a few very influential men who were jewish.

Please cite some of these historical documents that our country was created to support building a state of Israel and then to unconditionally support that state.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
1. Bush never 'chose' to invade any country to demand their sovereignty.

2. Does Bush doing it mean that Skippy can make demands on Israel to give up land?
Lets see Iraq, afghanistan...were you in Israel when all of that was happening. Removing a soverign govt. is removing sovereinty. I don't support Obama's position on Israel, because I believe that is their fight and not ours. I also don't support giving them any money.

I however don't mind selling arms to both sides as long as they were small arms that could not be used against us. The problem would take care of itself then and our economy would improve. If they want to continue this century old tribal mentality,...have at it.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:16 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,004 times
Quote:
Lets see Iraq, afghanistan...
Iraq was a UN action. Afghanistan was because the taliban were harboring bin laden. They had a chance to give him up and they didn't.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Iraq was a UN action. Afghanistan was because the taliban were harboring bin laden. They had a chance to give him up and they didn't.
We invaded another soverign country, we the U.S., authorized by congress invaded another soverign country.

Cantor probably voted for that as well, the majority did vote for it. Lets try to stay on point. And the point was Cantor is a traitor and a liar IMO...discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies