Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:19 AM

504 posts, read 456,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
lol what? Gas is ****ing expensive, he's launched us into a third war, unemployment is still terrible, the dollar's value is still falling, the debt kept increasing (and will increase if we raise the ceiling), interest rates are rock-bottom, need I go on? Not saying every one of those things is his own fault, but the average voter doesn't look at it that way.
THis is the situation we are looking at in 2016

1. Drinking Urine Vs Eating a Plate Full of Feces.
Obama happens to be the Urine and it just so happens that its gonna go down alot easier than the other choice.

2. Wanting to dump the girl who gave you the Clap---
But your other option is staring you in the face with a mouth full of herpes sores around her lips. Obama happens to be the clap easier to get rid of, does less damage less stigma.

Honestly I wish things were more balanced I wish Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina werent basically a KKK Rally for the GOP. I wish that the GOP could field a MODERATE COMMON SENSE non BIBLE BROW-BEATER who isnt trying to score points off other folks sex life or what a woman does with her body within reason. But thats only wishing.

Someone who wont let Obama cruise to victory so easy someone who would force him to actually be a democrat and run on democratic principles. But right now its just too easy for him to plant his flag center right and place his lips around Wall St and the miltary Industrial complex and humm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 11:52 PM

Default oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
THis is the situation we are looking at in 2016

1. Drinking Urine Vs Eating a Plate Full of Feces.
Obama happens to be the Urine and it just so happens that its gonna go down alot easier than the other choice.

2. Wanting to dump the girl who gave you the Clap---
But your other option is staring you in the face with a mouth full of herpes sores around her lips. Obama happens to be the clap easier to get rid of, does less damage less stigma.

Honestly I wish things were more balanced I wish Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina werent basically a KKK Rally for the GOP. I wish that the GOP could field a MODERATE COMMON SENSE non BIBLE BROW-BEATER who isnt trying to score points off other folks sex life or what a woman does with her body within reason. But thats only wishing.

Someone who wont let Obama cruise to victory so easy someone who would force him to actually be a democrat and run on democratic principles. But right now its just too easy for him to plant his flag center right and place his lips around Wall St and the miltary Industrial complex and humm.

I actually meant 2012--------2016 hopefully we wll have got big money out of politics.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Unfortunately, if one bothered to read the law regarding FICA, one would discover that :
a. There is no trust fund,
b. There is no property right to entitlements,
c. Entitlements are synonymous with gifts,
d. Congress is under no legal obligation to pay them, and
e. The "insurance" was not for the participant, but for the bankrupted Congress.

Oh, and since 1933, no dollars have circulated. Dollar bills are IOUs, denominated in dollars. And each enumerated "human resource" is collateral on that debt. Which explains why Congress can tax everything - your labor and your property.

Legal Tender Status

" Federal Reserve notes are not redeemable in gold, silver or any other commodity, and receive no backing by anything. This has been the case since 1933. The notes have no value for themselves, but for what they will buy. In another sense, because they are legal tender, Federal Reserve notes are "backed" by all the goods and services in the economy."

Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 PM

THe president we need is not one to manage things as they are, but to be one bold enough to pull back the curtain and name names.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:07 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Yeah Big money and the super religious right have hijacked your party.

THing is I am wondering why Obama doesnt get the credit he deserves for being a MODERATE REPUBLICAN.

If you think he is a leftist wait til the people regain control of the Democratic party away from Big $
It's a testament to how far to the right that the Republican Party has gone that President Obama is perceived as a "leftist".

Old 07-15-2011, 01:24 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,508 times
Quote:
From day one Obama has upset me with his lack of spine.

I did not like the bush tax cuts being extended for 2 yrs vs 1 yr extension of unemployment benefits.

I didnt like the way he always let the right take the lead in creating the narrative.

I still think he is a corporate crony sent to manage our mediocrity-------

But ha ha ha he made the Republicans look so stupid.
There was no reason to tie "The New Deal" to the Debt ceiling but Republicans smelling blood after the tax cut extension just had to go for the kill. Independents had left Obama and hell his base was on the way out the back door too as he dangled Medicare and Social Security out there for the Repubs. He really took a helluva personal risk...........

He offered Repubs everything they wanted but like a drunk at the black-jack table the Repubs couldnt get up while they were ahead. Well now gents its 9am youre hung over and getting tossed out on your a&$ broke into the streets and the sunlight is hurting your eyes and the passers by are laughing at you.

But Obama being the corporate crony he is lol had 2 cards to play.

1. He has friends on Wall ST (you know the ones he refuses to put in jail even though they tanked the economy) well these guys have deep pockets and influence and own the GOP

2. Even the most ignorant Tea-bag freak knows that they paid into social security and they NEED that money. Only the organizers of the Tea-Party are rich and they may just have figured out that they arent. No checks for them or retired and injured vets WTF!!! Over trying to get this negro out the white house-----------------Its not that important to where folks where ready to cut off their noses to spite their faces lol.

You kept saying "hit me" while holding 17 and you lost track of the cards you were counting. The house wins, go shower and sober up.

Hopefully by 2016 we will have gotten big money out of politics and be ready to elect real leaders for the future of this country. Between killing Bin Laden and Obama's latest performance it would take a sex tape of some pretty weird issh to derail his re-election in 2012.

Here's to mediocrity.

PS. Havent laughed this hard since he embarassed the repubs at that retreat they invited him to. Lol!!!
Excellent post. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies