Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
WRONG, domestic partnership in California does not grant all the rights given to straight couples. It is no where equal, not even close. Complete total equal rights is only possible with equal civil unions for both gays and straights.

It grants you all of the rights that the STATE OF CALIFORNIA can grant you....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
It grants you all of the rights that the STATE OF CALIFORNIA can grant you....
And that is piddling compared to the 1049 plus/minus special Federal rights granted to all straight couple regardless of the state they marry in or the state they move to. It is straight people that are getting special rights and we gays and lesbians only want the same fair and equal rights, not more and not less.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
And that is piddling compared to the 1049 plus/minus special Federal rights granted to all straight couple regardless of the state they marry in or the state they move to. It is straight people that are getting special rights and we gays and lesbians only want the same fair and equal rights, not more and not less.
You have to take that fight to the FEDERAL GOVERNMRNT not the STATE of CALIFORNIA

Old 07-29-2011, 05:19 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
According to this 17 year study comparing children raised by lesbians and those raised by married heterosexual couples the rate of breakups were almost the same. There were slightly more lesbians splitting the sheet than heterosexuals. While your prediction "might" come true, I doubt it.

This is a link to a study of children raised by lesbians. According to this 17 year study the lebian couples "separated' just as often as the heterosexual couples in the study. So, I'm not so certain your assertion would be correct.
Try comparing those lesbian couples to heterosexual non-married defacto couples if you want to compare apples to apples.

Those lesbian couples didn't have the benefits and protections of marriage like the heterosexual couples did. They also had to wear the stigma attached to being homosexual.

Imagine what the break up rate of heterosexual defacto couples is compared to lesbian couples then.

Last edited by Ceist; 07-29-2011 at 05:33 AM..

Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
I found this statement rather odd. You are aware your secular humanistic culture is directly responsible for 46 million abortions up to 2005. Even hitler didn't kill so many. While I have never supported gay executions, slavery, women being property or segregation I also haven't supported the deaths of 46 million american citizens. You may but I don't. Yours is a culture of death, not mine.

What you don't understand is my culture hasn't changed. We're still here. What's more we are fully one half of this nation. We aren't planning on going anywhere.
So you are saying that heterosexual culture is resonsible for 46 million abortions?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Rubbish. I didn't say stay together for the children. I said the children benefit immensely from being raised in a home with their biological parents. I'm surprised you don't seem to know this.

source
Children from fatherless homes are*:

• 15.3 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
• 4.6 times more likely to commit suicide
• 6.6 times more likely to become teenaged mothers
• 24.3 times more likely to run away
• 15.3 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
• 6.3 times more likely to be in a state-operated institutions
• 10.8 times more likely to commit rape
• 6.6 times more likely to drop out of school
• 15.3 times more likely to end up in prison while a teenage
• 73% of adolescent murderers come from mother only homes
• 6.3 times more likely to be in state operated institutions

I have done the research. I have a bs in elementary eduation. You seem to be somewhat confused about what the word "stable" actually means. Perhaps this will help.

sta·ble 1 (stbl)
adj. sta·bler, sta·blest
a. Resistant to change of position or condition; not easily moved or disturbed: a house built on stable ground; a stable platform.
b. Not subject to sudden or extreme change or fluctuation: a stable economy; a stable currency.
c. Maintaining equilibrium; self-restoring: a stable aircraft.
2. Enduring or permanent: a stable peace.
a. Consistently dependable; steadfast of purpose.
b. Not subject to mental illness or irrationality: a stable personality.
4. Physics Having no known mode of decay; indefinitely long-lived. Used of atomic particles.
5. Chemistry Not easily decomposed or otherwise modified chemically.
You leave out a big factor that is mentioned in these studies.

"Low conflict relationships".

If the relationship between the parents is high conflict, then there may be long term emotional development problems with the children if the parents stay together.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:24 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,613,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The funny thing is, you think I couch my call for gay marriage based on a need for you (or anyone else) to be TOLERANT. I could give two damns if you TOLERATE gay marriage.

Just as interracial people in the 60s didn't care if you TOLERATE their "mixin' of the races"... it's not about YOU, it's about the GOVERNMENT.

Now, stop deflecting and ADDRESS HOW I am wrong in my post, or consider yourself schooled, ONCE AGAIN, on your silly theories.
Please stop being so rude and intolerant of me. You're hurting my feelings.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:34 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
You had Homosexual Marriage " In CALIFORNIA " and you still didn't have equal rights , so what does that tell you "both Domestic Partnerships " and "Homosexual Marriage" will not give you equal rights. ( Right) until the Federal Government allows it.
So "complete total equal rights with the Heterosexual Relationship of Marriage" was complete and utter BS. OK, then.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Seriously, the issue of gay marriage seems like just so much "keeping up with the Jones".

"If gays get married what does that do the cool/sanctified/special bs factor of my marriage. Absolutely nothing. It has no more or no less to do with my marriage than the serial heterosexual marriers(sic) in the cul de sac down the street than it does with Steve and Steve.

It seems to me that too many "anti-gay" marriage folks are attempting to rationalize the status of their marriage on the status of someone else's, the marriage equivalent of keeping up with the jones, which becomes keeping up with the Steves and Steves.

I've been married to one of the most wonderful women in the world for almost 25 years. I say one of the most wonderful women because there are a **** load of married people who think that their spouse is the most wonderful person in the world, and my marriage isn't valued based upon anyone else's be they straight or gay, or even if anyone else in the universe was married for that matter.

The marriage of gays and lesbians doesn't have the slightest effect on anyone marriage, because a marriage is between two individual people, and the rest of the world simply doesn't matter.
You've been struck wrong.

My reason: Two men or two women are not equal to a man and a woman when it comes to raising a family.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:41 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
You've been struck wrong.

My reason: Two men or two women are not equal to a man and a woman when it comes to raising a family.
Science proves you wrong. All studies indicate children raised in same-sex households, are just as well adjusted, sometimes better than those raised in opposite sex households.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies