Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:43 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
You've been struck wrong.

My reason: Two men or two women are not equal to a man and a woman when it comes to raising a family.
Sometimes they are better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Science proves you wrong. All studies indicate children raised in same-sex households, are just as well adjusted, sometimes better than those raised in opposite sex households.
Links to the multiple studies please.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sometimes certainly.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:26 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times
Quote:
Try comparing those lesbian couples to heterosexual non-married defacto couples if you want to compare apples to apples.

Those lesbian couples didn't have the benefits and protections of marriage like the heterosexual couples did. They also had to wear the stigma attached to being homosexual.
Imagine what the break up rate of heterosexual defacto couples is compared to lesbian couples then.
Those lesbians were mostly college educated women living in large cities where liberals/leftists predominate. I believe the study indicated they were recruited in gay areas. As a conservative man of southern roots I could make the point I would be a minority in those selfsame cities. I could easily make the point I'd probably encounter more of a "stigma" in those locations than those women.

source
Quote:
When heterosexuals are in the minority
People in overwhelmingly gay Mass. resort town say turnabout not fair play
Below:

Chitose Suzuki / AP
The Rev. Henry Dahl, pastor of St. Peter The Apostle Church, speaks to the Associated Press about the friction between the gay and heterosexual communities in Provincetown, Mass., on Friday.

PROVINCETOWN, Mass. — Heterosexuals in this overwhelmingly gay resort town on the tip of Cape Cod are complaining that the oppressed have become the oppressors.

Straight people say they have been taunted as "breeders." One woman who signed a petition against gay marriage says she was berated as a bigot by a gay man, and another complained that dog feces were left next to her car.

"The gay community is not immune to having potential prejudices. We're all human, including gay people," said Tom Lang, director of knowthyneighbor.org, a nonprofit group that supports gay marriage.

Provincetown, or P-town, has long attracted writers, artists and gays and lesbians, and is known as a place where people can feel free to be themselves — a seaside version of Greenwich Village. New England's unofficial gay capital has just 3,400 year-round residents, but summer tourism brings nearly 10 times as many people.

Locals say the intolerance from those who have long pleaded for tolerance has been stirred, in part, by the dispute over Massachusetts' becoming the first and only state to legalize gay marriage.

Petition signers’ names published
Tensions boiled over this year after the names and addresses of nearly 5,000 Massachusetts residents — 43 of them from Provincetown — who signed a petition seeking a constitutional amendment against gay marriage were published on the knowthyneighbor Web site.

Earlier this month, a gay man got into a shouting match at a grocery store with a straight woman, calling her a bigot for signing the petition.

Meyer said that two other people who signed the petition felt targeted after the Web site published their names. One woman charged that same-sex marriage supporters put dog feces next to her car, an accusation Meyer said would be impossible to prove. Another woman found a copy of the knowthyneighbor list on her windshield.

Straight tourists have also complained of being called "breeders," a joking or derogatory slur used by gays to describe heterosexuals.

"It's a term of divisiveness," said Town Manager Keith Bergman.

Most of the Provincetown residents who signed the petition are members of St. Peter's Catholic Church, according to Rev. Henry J. Dahl, pastor at St. Peter's. The majority of the church's 750 parishioners are Portuguese families who are not gay, though St. Peter's is listed as a "gay-friendly" church by various gay Web sites.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Links to the multiple studies please.
The only longitudinal study to indicate this is from an organization called the nllf. It was reported across the us. I even found an article about this study in england and new zealand. They were all reported as actual fact without looking at the study or the organization.

I've posted a link to that study on this thread it's a few posts back. You can read the "actual study" they produced. I suggest you read the study and tell me where the problems lie with it. Trust me, if you can read you will spot a couple of major problems with it. You don't have to be a scientist to understand it. I'm not and I do. In addition to this study there are a number of these studies from this same orginization. Visit this site and tell me what your opinion of it is as well............

Home - NLLFS - National Lesbian Longitudinal Family Study

Old 07-29-2011, 05:02 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So "complete total equal rights with the Heterosexual Relationship of Marriage" was complete and utter BS. OK, then.
No the Federal Government is stopping you from gaining your civil rights as far as Domestic Partnerships goes........

Old 07-29-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Better at what? Now the requirement to be an american liberal/leftist is a belief that fathers are no longer needed to raise a well adjusted child. This from your government.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 AM

24 posts, read 36,421 times
I am not against same sex relationship but let me share this to you "Gay marriage is NO marriage at all in the eyes of God. Mark 10:9 plainly states that marriages are made in Heaven... "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Gay marriage is a different level than plainly having a relationship with the same sex.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:59 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Male Homosexuals and Female Lesbian need their's Civil Rights under Domestic Partnerships , because " Homosexual Marriage " aren't going to give them anymore rights as oppose to " Domestic partnerships " .

Old 08-25-2011, 01:01 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Reynolds View Post
I am not against same sex relationship but let me share this to you "Gay marriage is NO marriage at all in the eyes of God. Mark 10:9 plainly states that marriages are made in Heaven... "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Gay marriage is a different level than plainly having a relationship with the same sex.
So what?

Civil marriage contracts and religious marriages have NOTHING to do with each other. They are separate and unrelated things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies