Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,164,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well this city slicker liberal can still shoot at least 2.5 MOA at 800 meters with a stock Remington 700 chambered in .308 and has absolutely no problem hitting center mass with a G27 at 25 yards. Now while it is true that I don't presently own any scoped rifles, procuring one when need isn't all that difficult. I would further note that amongst my friends and acquaintances, 2 former special forces, a hand full of Marines and a squad of Army veterans from Vietnam to Afghanistan (liberals all), there are quite a few who are far better at war craft than I. So please do not make the same mistake that the confederacy made in 1860 or on the other hand, please do.

PS- There is a huge difference between Billy Bob deer poacher and folks who have been there and back.
The regions of this country that regularly contribute volunteers to the armed forces tend to come from the conservative regions of the country, not the west coast and the northeast, our liberal bastions. Liberals that can shoot are a distinct minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 05:37 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
I am a liberal. How well I can defend myself, my family and my friends is for me to know and my enemies to find out.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:05 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No wonder they want to take our guns away, mainly semi-auto long guns.
Those intellectual elites in the city, fear the rednecks that can hit a dime at 500 yards, more so than a city slicker that can't hit a target at 30 yards with there 9mm.
Don't have to worry about hittin' a dime at 500 yards, only have to worry about hittin' some redneck tryin' to take my stuff at 10 feet------------NO PROBLEM!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:07 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,732,686 times
I'll do my survivin' with a rod and a reel thank you. No need to shoot my fellow citizens.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:20 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I'll do my survivin' with a rod and a reel thank you. No need to shoot my fellow citizens.
Yep, venison is our main meat now.

Walleyes are great too!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:27 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,574,426 times
Talking Calling your bluff

Quote:
When the sheet hits the fan, a country boy will survive!

How many city slickers own a scoped rifle?
How many own a pistol?

Those intellectual elites in the city, fear the rednecks that can hit a dime at 500 yards, more so than a city slicker that can't hit a target at 30 yards with there 9mm.

1. Please post a link to any developments concerning taking away semiauto long guns (I own three).

2. Not all military vets live in the boondocks. There are millions of us in the cities. We all qualified with semiauto rifles and could hit targets without the need for a scope.

3. The "us vs them" mindset is a clear indicator of brain poisoning by hate radio. Can you recall when it was that you began to hate Americans?

4. You list your location as Austin. That's a city.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:40 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,732,686 times
In defense of the OP, the thread is meant to be tongue in cheek, I think. Giving the workin' man his due, and all.

In that spirit, I will share that I have a hard time thinking of gun totin' rednecks leading anything except an a capella chorus of "A Country Boy Can Survive" at a monster truck rally.

Sorry to say, but I'm guessing the annoying latte sippers will rule before and after the apocalypse.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:44 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
In defense of the OP, the thread is meant to be tongue in cheek, I think. Giving the workin' man his due, and all.

In that spirit, I will share that I have a hard time thinking of gun totin' rednecks leading anything except an a capella chorus of "A Country Boy Can Survive" at a monster truck rally.

Sorry to say, but I'm guessing the annoying latte sippers will rule before and after the apocalypse.
WOW! Workin' men live ONLY in the country? Who knew ?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
Quote:

How many own a pistol?

Unless your ammo is being manufactured where you live, there's no need to take your guns away.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:

How many own a pistol?

Actually, it will be smart conservatives, who realize that not all conservatives are redneck vs. dumb as dirt progressives who only know what they're told by HuffPo and Media Matters.

I think there may be quite a few inner city thugs that own scoped rifles. How else can they guard their drugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies