Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
What part of MULTICULTURAL do you not get. It's odd that you support homophobia. It's odd that you allow confederate flags because it upsets people. You wrote that. Yet, I'm racist because I voted funds for a multicultural event put on by LA RAZA and I'm not HISPANIC? The other voting members were mostly White non-Hispanic. A few Asians. I think 3 Hispanics out of 20. The vote was 20-0. These people are racist?

RESEARCH, PROVIDE IT!!! I've asked. You're the one just name calling without ANY research. Where is this so-called research? Provide direct evidence citing that they are are hate organization. Provide where they ONLY think of their own. Provide where they state they are superior. If you can do that I will agree with you.

Yet, you continually show NOTHING. Put up.
In general, I approve of anything that upsets liberals so the confederate flag really has nothing to do with it. If McDonalds french fries irritated liberals I'd buy stock in McDonalds. I completely get what multicultural means, I just don't see one event with a claim of multiculturalism changing the entire outlook that many people rightfully have of a hate group like La Raza. I don't care about any of your voting or any of that junk nor am I interested in learning about the details of your La Raza involvement. You admit to funding a known hate group, that's all I need to know and I'd feel the exact same way if someone admitted to funding their local KKK chapter or any other known hate group.

Do we all need to watch the countless videos showing the hateful and racist La Raza members and supporters? How many do you want?

‪La Raza Mexicans Invade Texas Townhall‬‏ - YouTube

‪La Raza (The Race) Fox in the Redistricting Hen House‬‏ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 07:23 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
You can spout that multicultural BS all you want dude. They don't want multiculturalism. They want their culture in America. If they supported multiculturalism they would want white American culture in Mexico too. I don't see them calling for that. They are looking out for themselves and only themselves. Their race and only their race. That is the purpose of their organization and if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.
What is white culture??

Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
No, I just threw that in there for the fun of it. Look, I understand you are a supporting member of "la raza" (the race.) I simply cannot convince you, you are a contributing member of a racist organization anymore than I can convince a kkk member he/she is either. Simply understand that convincing large numbers of conservatives that "la raza" (the race) isn't racist is going to be a tough sell.
I'm not a member first off. Secondly how many multicultural evens did the KKK throw? You can't equate the two.

Well the reason why it's a tough sell is because conservatives are more likely to be racist, thus feel the need to project their beliefs on others. Not conservatives are racist, but there is a higher percentage than racist liberals.

You can believe what you want and show very very very scant and vague evidence, but it doesn't change reality.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:26 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
What is white culture??
Tasteless food and no dancing

Old 07-14-2011, 07:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity12 View Post
Seems pretty clear that their decision was based on some indication that there could be violence. Or are you saying they're being disingenuous about that?
The article says that the White Pride meeting before the one written about was invaded by a group wearing masks with one carrying a bicycle lock. It does mention that the earlier meeting of the White Pride group had been invaded by a group of maybe 10 people, many of them masked.

Is there any reason in hell why they would have a meeting of unarmed people so they could be attacked again? I really can't see it.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
1) What does this video have to do with a violent White supremacist group having meetings at a public library

2) What is the point of that video anyway? The only person that had a "problem" with the two men dressed in black was the person who was videotaping. None of the other White people seemed to be "intimidated" by the Black men who were simply standing in front of the building
Didn't you know that Black men doing anything is intimidating?

Old 07-14-2011, 07:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Are people intentionally being ridiculous? People are comparing La Raza and NAACP to an organization that has Nazi rally pictures on its page. Really?
I looked for those Nazi pictures to no avail. How about you point them out to me.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I looked for those Nazi pictures to no avail. How about you point them out to me.
Go on the link. It literally took me 5 seconds.

http://newp.org/index.php?action=med...;in=69;preview

Old 07-14-2011, 07:31 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
I'm not a member first off. Secondly how many multicultural evens did the KKK throw? You can't equate the two.

Well the reason why it's a tough sell is because conservatives are more likely to be racist, thus feel the need to project their beliefs on others. Not conservatives are racist, but there is a higher percentage than racist liberals.

You can believe what you want and show very very very scant and vague evidence, but it doesn't change reality.
One event with a "multicultural" label doesn't change the fact that La Raza is a hate filled racist organization, can you not comprehend that? Look, I know you hate being called out because you support a hate group and now you're trying to spin this somehow and place the blame on conservatives. I've never donated a penny to the KKK or any other racist hate group, unlike you. Deal with your choices and be a man about it, don't try blaming other people for your actions. Be proud of what you are and who you associate with, that's reality.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
White supremacist groups? No. White Pride groups? Definitely. Learn the difference between the two.
There's a difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies