Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:40 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Yeah, I can back it up. Making everyone in Texas get wind insurance, despite the fact that it only effects people on the cost? Hand out to insurance companies in return for lobbying efforts. So everyone in Texas needs to pay wind insurance to subsidize it for people living iN Galveston? That is small government right there.

Mandatory HPV vaccine. i thought Republicans were against big government? So much for personal choice. I am sure the pharmaceutical company getting the contract is real happy right now.

Perry is for sale. You lobby on his behalf you get what you want.

Corruption.
WE lived in Texas under Ann Richards for starters and you were lucky if you got insurance because of the weather conditions. When you did get it the cost was so high many were torn between carrying it or taking a chance. Of course if you had any mortgage you had to carry it. WE lived in Ca during J. Browns years as govn. We lived in an area that borders the fire district, but never was there a bad fire in our area: we had to pay $1400 a year insurance (in the days when hazard ins on a $100,000 home was about $300.) What you are referring to is not unusual. As for mandatory HPV vaccine, it never went into effect, you know that and it was not mandatory. Parents were going to be allowed to opt out. Maybe you need to check to see what is really law and what was almost and how it would have worked has it become law.

though I may not agree with some on here that do not like Perry, like Casper, they do have legit arguments. I just don't see yours as reasons to support or not support a candidate.
Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 07-16-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 09:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why?

America is a very religious country. Upwards of 90% of us believe in God.
...but it should be preached by their clergy, not by representatives in governement.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:00 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Speaking to Texas evangelicals on the run up Rick Perry's big tent meeting;
"Our country's broke. Well actually Washington's broke," he said. "It's in jeopardy because of taxes; it's in jeopardy because of regulation; it's in jeopardy because of a legal system that's run amuck. And I think it's time for us to just hand it over to God and say, "God, You're going to have to fix this."
Rick Perry: Political office is a "pulpit" and "God has put me in this place" | Trail Blazers Blog | dallasnews.com

Oh, boy oh boy... Oh Jeeezus, Joseph and Mary!
Anyone who has to implore his/her god to fix anything doesn't belong in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies