Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is La Raza a racist hate organization?
Yes 128 73.56%
No 46 26.44%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

How are they hateful or racist? You can be proud of your ethnic background without holding contempt for other groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
It's very telling that the "no" votes actually did real research and the "yes" votes are basing on emotion and fear that Hispanics are taking over. Who are the real racists here?
You can make all the ignorant claims you want, many of us know as much if not more than you do about La Raza... the difference is we realize they're a racist hate group and you financially support them.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
And you know this about the "yes" votes how...? Jumping to conclusions, perhaps? Over sensitive maybe?
Over sensitive and partially responsible, what a had combination.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How are they hateful or racist? You can be proud of your ethnic background without holding contempt for other groups.
Really? Can you? That's funny because most of the people who are defending La Raza are also the same people who claim that any white person who even thinks about the word pride is a racist KKK member. Double standard much?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Do you know the cultural significance or history of the term "La Raza" in Hispanic culture?

Didn't think so
Sounds to me like you didn't need to do much research at all, you knew La Raza's racist hateful background already.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:43 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,278 times
Quote:
And you know this about the "yes" votes how...? Jumping to conclusions, perhaps? Over sensitive maybe?
I was a part of Associated Students at UCSB. It was part of my job to look into the groups we funded.

Yes, some member are racist. However, the group itself is not. To try to equivocate it to groups like the KKK is ridiculous to say the least.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You can make all the ignorant claims you want, many of us know as much if not more than you do about La Raza... the difference is we realize they're a racist hate group and you financially support them.
I'm not the homophobic racist. You state that homosexuality is a mental disorder. You went to claim Blacks were homophobic without looking at any other data. You went to cite people that have showed open hostility towards minorities, claiming both of you have the same views. Sorry, but I can't take you seriously.

If it were one slip, sure. We all mess up on research. We all make mess up on what we say. However, for you it's time and time and time again. When you're called out, you retort by name calling and then once the person doesn't back down, you simply leave the thread.

Again I can't have a serious conversation with a person that behaves in such a manner.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
But my original question to you remains. You accused those who voted "yes" in this poll of doing so in fear and emotion. "How can you make such a claim?" is what I was asking.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How the hell can someone be proud of their ethnic background? And who is supposed to feel ashamed of their ethnic background?

It's not exactly some accomplishment you made, it's not some hard work that got you there. It's nothing. It's just what is.

Like me, if I were to find out today that some of my ancestors got on the ship at some other country's port, I would not feel more pride or less pride. I wouldn't care.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
But my original question to you remains. You accused those who voted "yes" in this poll of doing so in fear and emotion. "How can you make such a claim?" is what I was asking.
He's psychic and magical all at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies