Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2011, 03:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Although I have been using those bulbs for over 5 years in the bank I janitor in I don't think that Congress has the right to cut all those jobs manufacturing our kind of bulbs. Surely we will have to call the EPA people in to dispose of these new bulbs.

67% Oppose Upcoming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Looks like they're gonna end this insanity. All one needs to do is go to the EPA website for instructions on how to dispose of one of these things and you'll get the idea.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Looks like they're gonna end this insanity. All one needs to do is go to the EPA website for instructions on how to dispose of one of these things and you'll get the idea.
I don't think many plain citizens could deal with all of that. Nope I think the EPA will have to send someone to every home to instruct and demonstrate. It is just too tough to be safe with those things. The dealer I bought them from promised to help me dispose of them but i just threw them in the trash. Living in less populated areas does have its advantages.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Apparently linear thinking is all that reactionaries are capable of.
Researchers across the country have been racing to breathe new life into Thomas Edison’s light bulb, a pursuit that accelerated with the new legislation. Amid that footrace, one company is already marketing limited quantities of incandescent bulbs that meet the 2012 standard, and researchers are promising a wave of innovative products in the next few years.
Incandescent Bulbs Return to the Cutting Edge - NYTimes.com

Funny how all them innovation killing Guvmint regulations, spur innovation.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 PM

Ah yes the "green economy". How is that working out for the orator? What's unemployment up to now?

Old 07-15-2011, 04:15 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,049,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think many plain citizens could deal with all of that. Nope I think the EPA will have to send someone to every home to instruct and demonstrate. It is just too tough to be safe with those things. The dealer I bought them from promised to help me dispose of them but i just threw them in the trash. Living in less populated areas does have its advantages.
I am sure the people of your community will thank you for throwing them in the landfill instead of disposing of them properly.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:22 PM

Well here is how to dispose of them properly. Hope you don't break on on your carpet or your gonna have to sweat it out for hours apparently if you live where the heat has kicked in. Or hope its not winter. Don't forget a good supply of duct tape and vacuum bags.

Cleaning Up a Broken Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb (CFL) | Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs) | US EPA

Old 07-15-2011, 04:42 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh yeah, I'm not going to be buying those anymore. The law of unintended consequences strikes again!

Old 07-15-2011, 04:58 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The LED bulbs? No problem, just toss them in the garbage. You must be talking about the CFL lights. In the other hand, I don't think I ever had to replace one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies