Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 04:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Yeah, I've never understood what people liked about Beck. I guess like Coulter it is physical comedy.

I have to admit Limbaugh so slick, he could sell a t-bone to a toothless vegan. World class bs artist. Viewed as pure bombast, it is pretty good.
Viewed as information? Bwahahahahahahhahahahahahahah!!!!:cryi ng:

Oh, yeah, and Dr. Savage is probably the most outrageous blowhard of them all.
You have wasted very little of your prog time watching Beck. You do sound a lot like you have read about him at Media Matters and Daily Kos, though.

He ain't funny but he is very serious when he talks. Too bad you have never heard him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 04:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Default You uncovered a passle of lefties Fiddlehead

You uncovered a whole bunch of them with this thread and then turned out to be one of them. Now that is funny to me.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:23 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Stewart hands down followed by Colbert. I won't waste my time listening to the others, got better things to do.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:36 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Quote:
It's a free country, and these bozos can say what they want, but truth be told, we need some really credible people in the center. My kindgom for a Walter Cronkite or Edward R. Murrough type character and program to reemerge, who tried to share the truth, rather than shade it.

Maybe new hour with Neil Lehrer or comes close, but Fox and such have made it seem like listening to real news is a leftwing exercise. A shame.
Sadly, today everything is entertainment and the race to the bottom was, if not started by the Murdock empire of sensationalism at least greatly accelerated. Networks used to accept that News was a money losing operation but it was important and needed to be done but in Vulture Capitalist America its profits uber alles! We are the best entertained, least informed people in the world.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:53 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Default Bill Maher translates rap "music"

Bill Maher translates rap "music" to white:
‪Bill Maher makes authentic translation of rap lyrics‬‏ - YouTube

Hilarious!

Old 07-16-2011, 04:58 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,522,596 times
John Stewart. Lewis Black.

Between the little Stewart versus Colbert fan rivalry, I lean Stewart. I think his material is better, but beyond that, even though he may be making jokes, you can still tell what his position is and you know where he stands. He is easier to "read" than Colbert is. I don't like Colbert for just that reason. Sure, we all know his shtick is to spoof, but after years of watching him, I really don't know what the man really believes.

Lewis Black: I think he has excellent delivery and gesturing when delivering a punchline. Doesn't even matter if I agree with him, or not. Much like George Carlin, I think he has a certain [ability to "deliver" the joke such that it has some ability to transcend politics and appeal to even those that might not agree with it. I find his "anger" delivery more appealing than Mahers smarmy delivery which comes off as douchey, in my opinion. Angry is more amusing than smug/douchey, to me.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You have wasted very little of your prog time watching Beck. You do sound a lot like you have read about him at Media Matters and Daily Kos, though.

He ain't funny but he is very serious when he talks. Too bad you have never heard him.

Roy, Beck has a stand up act! It is hilarious.

He did some of it on the Bold Fresh tour with O'Riley

Old 07-16-2011, 09:49 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well Mahar and Stewart you laugh with and the others you just laugh at.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:51 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:
Seeing threads about Bill Maher, John Stewart, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter,etc. Seems like we like our politics served up by comedians (i.e., bull**** artists).

Who is funniest?

Bring it.
I like John Stewart.

Can't stand most of the others you have here, especially Maher and Limbaugh.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
All of the comedians face a big challenge: Barack Obama. He cracks one joke after another, with perfect, totally straight delivery. Here are some examples:

*Elimination of deductions for one type of corporate travel could make a difference in the deficit.

*He is focused on jobs.

*He would like to cut government spending.

You have to admit, this is a tough act to follow, after people listen to these howlers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies