Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times

Advertisements

I don't believe either country will engage, and heightened rhetoric is what they both specialize in. If a military confrontation were to happen, I feel far more confident that the involvement of the US will be minimal, yet effective under President Obama. This President is far more intelligent, calculating, and focused than the Neanderthal decision-making that we'd typically get under a grunt Republican President.

So don't worry, we have a fine man at the helm who takes care of these matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I don't believe either country will engage, and heightened rhetoric is what they both specialize in. If a military confrontation were to happen, I feel far more confident that the involvement of the US will be minimal, yet effective under President Obama. This President is far more intelligent, calculating, and focused than the Neanderthal decision-making that we'd typically get under a grunt Republican President.

So don't worry, we have a fine man at the helm who takes care of these matters.
Thank you. I needed a good laugh tonight!!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Thank you. I needed a good laugh tonight!!
I agree, it is funny.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:27 AM

27 posts, read 21,884 times
If i read a headline "BREAKING NEWS - TEHRAN STRUCK BY NUCLEAR WEAPON" (because I don't think Iran will strike Israel first) ... I will be like "God help us all".

Old 11-17-2011, 02:56 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
maybe we will be too busy invading australia to get involved with an iran-israel showdown.

then again, maybe not:

Last week, the House Foreign Affairs Committee unanimously approved two bills strengthening sanctions against Iran: The Iran Threat Reduction Act (H.R. 1905) and the Iran, North Korea, and Syria Nonproliferation Reform and Modernization Act (H.R. 2105). As part of H.R. 1905, the House Committee approved the Berman (D-CA) amendment to collapse Iran's Central Bank.

Specifically, the amendment requires the President to make a determination within 30 days whether the Central Bank is involved in supporting Iran's WMD or missile programs, including proliferation of WMD to other governments; financing Iran's procurement of advanced conventional weapons; providing financial services for the Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), or furthering Iran's support of international terrorism. If the President determines that the Central Bank of Iran is involved in any of these activities, then he would be required under this amendment to apply sanctions under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. This would result in any foreign financial institution involved with the Central Bank of Iran also being blocked from the U.S. economy.

In August, Sen. Kirk, along with Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY), sent a letter to President Obama urging increased economic sanctions against Iran, including pressuring Iran's financial system by toppling the Central Bank of Iran (CBI). The letter, signed by 92 senators, states, "The time has come to impose crippling sanctions on Iran's financial system by cutting off the CBI."

so if the chinese central bank did any business with iran they would be blocked from the US economy? this could get interesting.

note the IRAN weapons of mass destruction part in the legislation? how many times do we fall for that to invade other countries? pat buchanan gets it right again:

if Iran represents, as Bibi Netanyahu is forever reminding us, an "existential threat," why does not Israel itself, with hundreds of nuclear weapons, deal with it?

Bibi's inaction speaks louder than Bibi's words. He wants the Americans to do it. For the retired head of Mossad, Meir Dagan, calls attacking Iran "the stupidest thing I have ever heard of." He means stupid for Israel.

Why? Because an Israeli attack would be costly in planes and pilots, and only set back Iran's nuclear program. And such a pre-emptive strike would unify Iranians behind the regime. Moreover, Israel would be inviting Tehran's ally Hezbollah to rain down rockets on Israel, igniting another of the bloody Lebanon wars that Israel was desperate to end the last time.

As for the United States, the only way we could eliminate Iran's nuclear program would be days of air and missile strikes. Iran could retaliate by cutting off oil exports and mining the Strait of Hormuz, tripling the world price of oil, and hurling the European Union and United States into (further) recession.

Pat Buchanan - Return of the War Party? | Laconia Daily Sun (http://www.laconiadailysun.com/story/pat-buchanan-return-war-party - broken link)

could the republicans please pick a candidate that doesn't want war and doesn't want to keep transferring our wealth to other countries (ron paul)-- because the democrats clearly will not.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-17-2011 at 03:33 AM..

Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,400 times

What Iran needs is a big Russian Navy base on the Persian Gulf.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:05 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, Siemens built the dual-reactors. They were damaged during the Iraq-Iran War. Iran contracted with Russia to rebuild them.

Russia has also offered to provide Iran with enriched uranium so that Iran wouldn't need to enrich its own.
They built them then... and they already delivered the fuel rods. Russia!

Quote:
You still just can't grasp the concept.

You don't need nuclear reactors to build nuclear weapons. Destroy the dual-reactors at Bushwher and nothing will happen very slowly. It will not stop any alleged nuclear weapons program, because....

....nuclear reactors are not needed to produce nuclear weapons.

That's like Common Sense 101.
It will halt their excuse for the reactors.

Quote:
So, no, it won't work.
Too bad they spent all that money and research on a bomb that won't work...
They just delivered them yesterday...
War News Updates: Boeing’s New 30,000-Pound Bunker-Buster Bomb Delivered To The Air Force

Old 11-18-2011, 10:25 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Right, that's why Israeli spies stole nuclear submarine and communications data from the US, and why Israeli spies stole information on terrain guided cruise missiles from the US.

And because they are such wonderful staunch allies of the US, they sold that information to Russia.

He never said that. Get a translation from someone who speaks Farsi, and not some Lebanese Christian speaking half-baked Arabic.

9 American kids got torched assembling a Pershing II 2nd stage booster to a 1st stage motor.

I'd bet if you found Camp Redleg on GoogleEarth you could probably still see the scorch marks on the assembly pad where those kids were burned to death.

(It was the backwash off of our Chinooks that induced static electricity as they jockeyed in and out of Camp Redleg -- a ground wire strap that cost $0.0067 could have prevented it -- that was in January 1985).

If Carter (and Sick & Brzezinski) hadn't stabbed Khomeini in the back, Iran would still be an ally.

So I take it no one has the guts to provide a theoretical air plan to attack Natanz.

You know it would probably help if you knew the formula. It's not rocket science, its S-3/G-3/J-3 Air Ops.

See your Army Recruiter Today.

When Ahmadinejad speaks at the U.N. most leave when the lying from this beady eyed potentate is translated to them about how the west fabricated the Holocaust it never happened his rants and raves against the people of Israel his support of Hamas and other terror groups.

Why I bet he wears out translators faster than Moammar Gadhafi did with his jibberish.

As for a tactic air attack with so many targets spread out over a large area outside the use of a Neutron Bomb you go after key components to disable their program.We are better able to do this than the Israelis but never under estimate the Israelis they have done things that nobody though they could do Entebbe the Iraqi Nuke facility.

The Iranian leaders of today would never have been our allies we are the GREAT SATAN remember...they want a one world religion ISLAM Ahmadinejad is trying to hasten the coming of the Mahdi ? destruction of US infidels and the Jewish State and the Nuke program is for peaceful purposes thats why its ringed with AA,TANKS and the Revolutionary Guards.I lived all my life near a peaceful nuclear facility never saw all that type of security not that the plant didn't have armored vehicles and security forces.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:04 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

What Iran needs is a big Russian Navy base on the Persian Gulf.

They are moving into the Med.... next stop? The Gulf?
Pretty sure they have a sub or two in the area. shhhhh.

Report: Russia warships to enter Syria waters in bid to stem foreign intervention - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Old 11-18-2011, 11:11 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This President is far more intelligent, calculating, and focused than the Neanderthal decision-making that we'd typically get under a grunt Republican President.
And yet Obama drops 5 times as many drones as our last
caveman President
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies