Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:40 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Is there anything wrong with a President supporting one of his favorite subversive organizations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 07:48 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post

That's a five thumbs up salute!
jwm1964 !!! ... And Another Five Thumbs Up !

Indeed ... If Only It Were That Easy To Eject A Certain Acute Stigmata !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Wait a minute! If you read the article, the actual amount was $4 billion, which is 1/25 of the amount in the headline!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:21 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Compared to the $700+ billion sent to Iraq for Bushes nation building, I have no problem with money going to help those who cannot help themselves.
Ha! Like the Oil for Food Scandal, err Program? Yeah, I'm sure that helped a LOT of people who cannot help themselves.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
While Obama blames Bush for all of the new spending..

Old 07-17-2011, 09:21 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Wait a minute! If you read the article, the actual amount was $4 billion, which is 1/25 of the amount in the headline!
The rest of the spending is detailed in a list in the article. Here's a snippet;
Quote:
These allocations are set forth in a 28 page document as follows:
  • Funnel $63 billion to the Global Health Initiative during the next six years
  • Make $1 billion annually to education programs
  • Give $475 million to the Global Agricultural and Food Security Program’
  • Provide $800 million from the Overseas Private Investment Corporation to Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East and North Africa. An additional $3.2 billion will be provided by private equity capital sources to these Muslim nations

Old 07-17-2011, 10:14 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It was the US and its President that really created the UN but for some reason we lost control of all parts of it. We do get to finance the damned thing but don't get a lot of say in what it does.

There is a possibility that George Soros is using the UN to squeeze us into a hole we can't get out of. Obama is his pony so I guess they could be working together
Um...no; there was a committment to form a unified group of nations to forestall wars before they were deemed inevitable as early as June 1941 without U.S. involvement at all. This is acknowledged in the U.N. Website as the beginnings and history of it's charter.

Many countries had petitioned for the actual location of the headquarters buildings but your country won out, and the ultimate location was a result of a "donation" of over $8 million by John D Rockefeller to purchase a specific tract of land in New York.

It would be accurate to state that the U.S. "became a driving force" in it's final culmination or fruition but the conception was already begun by many other countries signing a declaration (June 41) that was later also "taken up" and joined at the same time, at end of WWII, by the U.S., USSR (Russia) and China among others.

History of the United Nations Charter (http://www.un.org/aboutun/charter/history/ - broken link)

Is it accurate to surmise the U.N. is a manipulated entity of George Soros? Only in so far as it is now an organization manipulated by any number of questionable entities. The organization itself went from being a group of like minded (for the most part) countries to a "cluster ****" of red headed step children, all with vested interests using it's charter to subvert the very purpose for which the organization was conceived in the first place.

In that regard, the U.S. is as culpible as many others in sponsoring many of these failed states and dictatorships to join, mistakenly using the theory of "inclusion" hopefully making them better world citizens or simply just rewarding these cretins with a membership for past favours.

Ask yourselves this question: why would your country continue tolerating the continued malfeascence of any organization it is contributing a major portion of the "heavy lifting" to maintain it's existance, unless, it were deemed in it's financial or political best interests to do so?

Last edited by BruSan; 07-17-2011 at 10:23 AM..

Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Um...no; there was a committment to form a unified group of nations to forestall wars before they were deemed inevitable as early as June 1941 without U.S. involvement at all. This is acknowledged in the U.N. Website as the beginnings and history of it's charter.

Many countries had petitioned for the actual location of the headquarters buildings but your country won out, and the ultimate location was a result of a "donation" of over $8 million by John D Rockefeller to purchase a specific tract of land in New York.

It would be accurate to state that the U.S. "became a driving force" in it's final culmination or fruition but the conception was already begun by many other countries signing a declaration (June 41) that was later also "taken up" and joined at the same time, at end of WWII, by the U.S., USSR (Russia) and China among others.

History of the United Nations Charter (http://www.un.org/aboutun/charter/history/ - broken link)

Is it accurate to surmise the U.N. is a manipulated entity of George Soros? Only in so far as it is now an organization manipulated by any number of questionable entities. The organization itself went from being a group of like minded (for the most part) countries to a "cluster ****" of red headed step children, all with vested interests using it's charter to subvert the very purpose for which the organization was conceived in the first place.

In that regard, the U.S. is as culpible as many others in sponsoring many of these failed states and dictatorships to join, mistakenly using the theory of "inclusion" hopefully making them better world citizens or simply just rewarding these cretins with a membership for past favours.

Ask yourselves this question: why would your country continue tolerating the continued malfeascence of any organization it is contributing a major portion of the "heavy lifting" to maintain it's existance, unless, it were deemed in it's financial or political best interests to do so?
Because the global elites don't view our country as soverign, they look at the globe as their empire to manipulate as they see fit. It's about utilizing our resources for the greater good, spreading the wealth on a global scale.
THE NEW MARXISM: GREEN ON THE OUTSIDE, RED ON THE INSIDE

Old 07-17-2011, 11:10 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
George W. Bush was right again.......the United Nations is irrelevant.

Refund please.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Default Anyone Remember This?

Or this?

‪The Chamber Brothers Time Has Come Today‬‏ - YouTube

Time has come today
Young hearts can go their way
Can't put it off another day
I don't care what others say
They say we don't listen anyway
Time has come today
(Hey)

Oh
The rules have changed today (Hey)
I have no place to stay (Hey)
I'm thinking about the subway (Hey)
My love has flown away (Hey)
My tears have come and gone (Hey)
Oh my Lord, I have to roam (Hey)
I have no home (Hey)
I have no home (Hey)

Now the time has come (Time)
There's no place to run (Time)
I might get burned up by the sun (Time)
But I had my fun (Time)
I've been loved and put aside (Time)
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide (Time)
And my soul has been psychedelicized (Time)

(Time)
There are things to realize (Time)
Time has come today (Time)

Time [x11]

"Oh
There's no place to run (Time)
I might get burned up by the sun (Time)
But I had my fun (Time)
I've been loved and put aside (Time)
I've been crushed by tumbling tide (Time)
And my soul has been psychedelicized (Time)

(Time)
There are things to realize (Time)

Time [x4]
Yeah"

The Chambers Brothers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies