Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Tell you what. Go to any mall or other public place... heck... even an airport and do exactly what the TSA agents do to any random person. Let me know how that works out for you.
Well, considering that I don't have the legal right to do that, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't work out too well for me. That wasn't even a good example, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 08:02 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Well, considering that I don't have the legal right to do that, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't work out too well for me. That wasn't even a good example, lol.
Ok. So why do you feel the TSA should have the right to violate citizens?

Old 07-19-2011, 08:21 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
I think all these posters so willing to OBEY the TSA must like being treated like an animal and be into kinky sex ie Dominance and Submission maybe even the whole 9 yards-- BDS&M. I can't think of any other reason why they could possibly feel so strongly about coming to their defense all the time.

Their must be a certain percentage of the population that just loves to be submissive. I don't get it at all.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:24 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think all these posters so willing to OBEY the TSA must like being treated like an animal and be into kinky sex ie Dominance and Submission maybe even the whole 9 yards-- BDS&M. I can't think of any other reason why they could possibly feel so strongly about coming to their defense all the time.

Their must be a certain percentage of the population that just loves to be submissive. I don't get it at all.
That is an illogical assumption.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:31 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

Psychological projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-19-2011, 09:53 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Ok. So why do you feel the TSA should have the right to violate citizens?
Well, technically it is written in law. Does TSA make people uncomfortable and do something that most probably wish they didn't have to go through: yes.

I wasn't asked that though. I was presented with a analogy that was just bad. Of course I can't go up and "assault" someone in a mall. The law doesn't allow me to, but the law allows TSA to do what they do. It sucks getting a patdown.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Well, technically it is written in law. Does TSA make people uncomfortable and do something that most probably wish they didn't have to go through: yes.

I wasn't asked that though. I was presented with a analogy that was just bad. Of course I can't go up and "assault" someone in a mall. The law doesn't allow me to, but the law allows TSA to do what they do. It sucks getting a patdown.
Don't be stupid, man.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
It is actually probably because law enforcement decided not to proceed in any charges at the mercy of the governments involved.
Elaborate on that, man.

Are you for real?

Or what?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
That is an illogical assumption.
I always look to you for logic, mommy.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 PM

Don't try to be smart.

It doesn't fit you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies