Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:38 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times

Advertisements

In response to the OP I would say it has something to do with American culture. Since our founding, we have centered our lives around the structure of family. The traditional marriage of male to female, children, grandparents, grandchildren - it all works for the good of society. We are privileged with the wisdom of our elders, and the ability to pass on the values and morals that make for productive citizens of tomorrow.
Obviously, times have changed, and continue to do so, but I would argue not for the better. Part of the problem is viewing America with contempt, and in need of reformation, rather than honoring the achievements we have made to date, seeking to preserve our strengths, and building upon those stregths to secure our future. Liberals and progressives seem hell bent to throw our history away, and start over. The model being Europe without the pesky restrictions of our Constitution.
We are still governed by a majority vote, gays are a minority, so they cannot force their will upon the majority. That is the answer.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:28 AM

898 posts, read 827,710 times
You know, most of us are sick to death of the constant gay whining and you're not making your case with all of these stupid ass threads.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:33 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Sugar, I PROMISE you I KNOW what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to be mean...or pious. WE, all flesh and blood human beings....are born with a Sinful nature. As we grow...we are tempted to 'sin.' Some choose different kinds of sin....But all mankind is confronted with this problem.
Honey, I promise you, you don't know what you are talking about.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:41 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy
Sugar, I PROMISE you I KNOW what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to be mean...or pious. WE, all flesh and blood human beings....are born with a Sinful nature. As we grow...we are tempted to 'sin.' Some choose different kinds of sin....But all mankind is confronted with this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Honey, I promise you, you don't know what you are talking about.

Oh yeah, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! - GUARANTEED!

Old 07-17-2011, 05:30 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
adoption, marriage etc.

I'm gay and have no choice but too be gay. the quality of my life gets to be decided by straight people who DO NOT have to be gay. That makes no sense too me. If gay people can't get married and you're straight why should you get to decide on this? Afterall, either way the impact on YOUR quality of life is little to NONE.

When the polls close and everything is said and done you get to go home STRAIGHT and with the right to marry with marriage being defined ONLY to encompass YOUR sexual orientation. Thusly, why should you even be allowed to have a say?

I think that only GAY people should HAVE a say on things that have to do with OUR quality of life since we're the ones who's lives are actually IMPACTED by this.

Same goes for things like adoption. I never understood how it was any way LEGAL to NOT let me adopt since I"ve broken no law other than being born in a way some people don't like. I could never understand how people weren't like 'duh' there isn't a legal constitutional right to even CONSIDER not letting gay people adopt. unless being born gay is illegal.
millions of people think gay is a choice, just like pedophiles choose to molest kids, rapist choose to rape,they just cant help it. that doesnt make them right. it makes them sick,pervs!

Old 07-17-2011, 06:18 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
You know, most of us are sick to death of the constant gay whining and you're not making your case with all of these stupid ass threads.
Keep trying to bully us into silence. It doesn't work anymore, now scamper off to Daddy like all bullies do and whine about the mean ol' gays picking on you

Old 07-17-2011, 07:23 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
What is wrong with the words "civil union?" I know someone who got married, got divorced, and then went to a justice of the peace to hook back up again. I think a lot of this is about semantics. As long as you get the same rights, must you insist on the same verbiage?
Technically nothing, other than civil unions do not carry the same legal benefits as marriage in this country. And honestly, what difference would it make? Everyone would eventually just start calling civil unions marriage out of habit. People would say "I'm married", not "I'm civilly unionized".
Essentially phasing out the term civil union.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Atheist don't marry?

Hindus don't marry?

Buddhists don't marry?

Muslims don't marry?
None of which are ordained by God or considered valid marriages based on Christianity.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
OMG, this is exactly what I think. And the more of these "threads" that are created, the more pissed off I get.

You know, you are capable of not participating in these threads if they bother you? People who throw temper tantrums over threads they don't like when it's entirely optional to participate deserve no sympathy.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This whole debate is about a single word, who may use it to define their sexual relationships and the changes which would take place when others use the word for their own purposes.
And that single word was not invented by Christianity, nor does your belief system hold exclusive rights to the word whether you believe God defined it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies