Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:46 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times

Advertisements

More proof that Herman Cain is an idiot. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say "except Muslims" or "except Islam"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
When your local market starts selling meats marked "halal", they've "converted" the infidel to eat meat butchered in the approved way.

Halal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This method of slaughtering animals consists of using a well sharpened knife to make a swift, deep incision that cuts the front of the throat, the carotid artery, wind pipe and jugular veins but leaves the spinal cord intact. The head of an animal that is slaughtered using halal methods is aligned with the Qiblah (head pointed to Mecca).

Animal slaughter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the United States, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) specifies the approved methods of livestock slaughter:
  • Chemical (carbon dioxide)This method is approved for sheep, calves and swine. The animal is asphyxiated by the use of carbon dioxide gas before being bled.
  • Mechanical (captive bolt)This method is approved for sheep, swine, goats, calves, cattle, horses, mules, and other equines. A captive bolt stunner is applied to the livestock so as to produce immediate unconsciousness in the animals before they are bled.
  • Mechanical (gunshot)This method is approved for cattle, calves, sheep, swine, goats, horses, mules, and other equines. The gun is used to render the animal immediately unconscious (and presumably dead) before being bled.
  • Electrical (stunning or slaughtering with electric current)This method is approved for swine, sheep, calves, cattle, and goats. The current applied is sufficient to ensure surgical anesthesia throughout the "bleeding" of the animal
See, nothing to get upset about!
Exactly, nothing to get upset about. Just like I don't get upset when I see kosher stuff in the market, or that symbol that means it meets the Jewish standards

Old 07-17-2011, 01:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I should have included a definition of infringement. Silly of me to assume that members on here would know what it means. Here is it for the tea party supporters, along with the 1st Amendment.

in·fringe·ment n.
1. A violation, as of a law, regulation, or agreement; a breach.
Congress shall pass no law that . . . . . . . . . . It seems that you fail to see that Congress is not involved in this argument. Only the people of Tennessee and specifically, the people of Murfreesboro. You are trying very hard to say something but the Constitution does say that Congress may not do this although maybe you can find one of your definitions to bring those people in as Congress.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
for those that dont know yet, cain is also a black man.
Yeah, we know that. Most of us have seen picture I think and even if we hadn't the "race doesn't mean anything to us" cons constantly yammering and yapping about how black he is "blacker then Barack Obama" "a real black man" we'd know anyway

Old 07-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm always astounded by the ability of some to speak so authoritatively about subjects that they are so willfully ignorant.
I think you should celebrate the fact that you will probably be dead before they give you the opportunity to be one of them with dhimmi status or just be a dhimmi.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If I were dictator I would force every teabagger to read the Constitution 10 times and waive their right to vote until they scored at least a C on the test.
Can you score pretty high on that test? Where is it? I will gladly take it for you without that 10 times reading and bet I can score higher than you can. Oh mercy me, you may be a lawyer, but I don't fear that competition. Get the test here as soon as you can.

I have never been to a tea bag meeting but people like you are talking me into going.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:59 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Congress shall pass no law that . . . . . . . . . . It seems that you fail to see that Congress is not involved in this argument. Only the people of Tennessee and specifically, the people of Murfreesboro. You are trying very hard to say something but the Constitution does say that Congress may not do this although maybe you can find one of your definitions to bring those people in as Congress.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:02 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I'm not too worried. Whatever anyone brings over from the old country get's Americanized, and watered down, by the second generation anyway. When you start to see Halal fast food chains you can breath easy.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:06 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not too worried. Whatever anyone brings over from the old country get's Americanized, and watered down, by the second generation anyway.
I know quite a few Italian Americans. This pretty much seems up the extent of their Italian, Brad Pitt character that is.

‪Brad Pitt perfect italian pronunciation.avi‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-17-2011, 02:39 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
No other ideology (religion) is it's own government unto itself. Muslims do not tolerate non-believers, are not to befriend them, and Allah is the supreme ruler. They are supremecists in every sense of the word. If you would object to white supremecists, I don't know why you think these supremecists are benign. Their plan is exactly as stated above, to grow in numbers and influence, then take over. You are either with them, or against them. If you are not with them, they subjugate, enslave, convert or kill you. Those are the choices. This is not fear-mongering, these are the facts. Cain knows what he is talking about.
EXACTLY SO!
Disseminate the preachings in some mosques and if you were to substitute the word "black" or a worse descriptor often used at those meetings of the past; you would swear you'd just attended a meeting of 'cluckers'.

Those types of preachings are just as distastful today as they were 50 years ago. But hey, it's your country, sit back and watch as it all unfolds to your complete dismay while insisting your constitutional freedom of speech allows for the preachings of hate and not simply alternate opinion.

When the chit hit's the fan though; please observe the nicety of remembering; you were warned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies