Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 02:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If people are not speaking out against it then it is saying they agree with it.
Clapping and laughing signals your in agreement. Or are you from some alternate universe?

Old 07-17-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I was posting here before, son.
Sorry I missed you too.......dad

Old 07-17-2011, 02:22 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
I don't think this has much to do with the political affiliation.
By and large conservative people are not any friendlier. Maybe some of them seem friendlier at first glance because they tend to be more religious and thus feel like they may not say certain things. But when the microphone is off, they are just as mean...

Old 07-17-2011, 02:33 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
By and large conservative people are not any friendlier. Maybe some of them seem friendlier at first glance because they tend to be more religious and thus feel like they may not say certain things. But when the microphone is off, they are just as mean...
Or even meaner.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:37 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
You had Ann Coulter on last week representing the crazy right. I do believe Bachman man is gay. HE gives me that vibe. He is so in denial (see Ted the Denver preacher) that he over does it.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:44 PM

898 posts, read 827,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
How do you know this then?

And what makes you think that religion has anything to do with conservative principals and values? I'm not religious and most of the conservatives I know are not terribly religious either. Granted, there are some fundamental religious types among us but the left likes to pretend they represent ALL conservatives. They do not.

You seem to be rather ignorant of what conservatism is. Maybe do a little studying and stay off the far left websites.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post

And what makes you think that religion has anything to do with conservative principals and values? I'm not religious and most of the conservatives I know are not terribly religious either. Granted, there are some fundamental religious types among us but the left likes to pretend they represent ALL conservatives. They do not.

You seem to be rather ignorant of what conservatism is. Maybe do a little studying and stay off the far left websites.
When the liberals can't defend their own actions they try and spin it and make out conservatives to be racist and religious zealots. Never fails.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post

I'm in my 40s and have gotten to know both conservatives and liberals, as well as people between and beyond that. In my experience conservatives tend to seem a bit friendlier than they are and with liberals it is often the other way round. In other words, they are pretty much the same - on average, not to mention the countless exceptions on both sides.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Then speak out against it.
When have you ever spoken out against any right-wing bias?

Old 07-17-2011, 03:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
If people are not speaking out against it then it is saying they agree with it.
You just keep that in mind. I recall some real nasty stuff said by a "certain poster" regarding Michelle Obama. Not just one post, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies