Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 05:09 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,287,537 times

Advertisements

I am waiting, but not holding my breath, for a tidal wave of condemnation from groups like NOW and other women's rights groups against Bill Mahre and HBO. Imagine if a popular radio show host had said this about Michelle Obama.

It is difficult not to conclude that the left is perfectly comfortable with violence being perpetrated against women who don't share their particular viewpoint. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Old 07-17-2011, 05:47 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,123,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Watching the Hate Wing go out full bore in their ridicule of Sarah Palin, Bristol Palin, et. al. and now Michelle Bachman.
Ridicule is different from hatred. Ridicule takes a particular facet of the person being ridiculed and enlarges it for all to see, usually to the detriment of that person. It can be justified by facts or fabricated. Hatred is far more sinister than that.

Most of the ridicule directed at Obama is pure fabrication (Muslim, out to destroy the country, not born here, racist, communist, elected by voter fraud, loves to spend money, etc). None of those things have any apparent substance OR I haven't found the smoking gun that proves any of them to be true. The ridicule directed at Palin and family as well as Bachmann and family are based on their direct actions and words, most of which are not supportable by rational sentient beings. A quitter of a politician releasing a movie about herself called "Undefeated"? How could anyone resist that nugget without busting a gut? A woman who can't get her facts straight is running around with an effeminate husband who's now trying to retract the fact that he cures gay people by praying the gay away? I'm biting my lip it's so funny. And sad, especially since these people are on our national stage.

Liberals didn't make up these facts, these two women set themselves up. If they can't take the heat of public scrutiny, well, they should go back to the kitchen (that's kind of mean when I think about it, I'm actually a feminist, so sorry, I couldn't resist using that old insult). If the right can manufacture obscene lies about the President, the left can surely make fun of the right's candidates and pseudo-candidates for things they have actually said and done. And the right can continue to be Obama's harshest critic for the things he has done wrong, not a problem there. Just stop making stuff up and pretending it's real.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:10 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,463,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I did, too bad the right never speaks out when a conservative speaks hatred or violence against a liberal. But i know it only goes one way in a righty mind.
And when was that? Show me where a conservative talked about raping Chelsea Clinton (like they do Willow Palin) tell me where a conservative talked about they hope that Bill is brutal in his sex with Hilary? Or Pelosi? Show me where a conservative told any liberal woman that they should have gotten an abortion, because their child wasn't born perfect?
Show me these attacks.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:12 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,872,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The Lefties have a "Hate Wing" that far surpasses what the Right is accused of.
They certainly have a hate wing.

I don't know what it does or doesn't suprass, but it always makes me shake my head in disbelief when they start talking about intolerance or hatred in others.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:13 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,398,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I did, too bad the right never speaks out when a conservative speaks hatred or violence against a liberal. But i know it only goes one way in a righty mind.
Hmmm you are saying you speak out against it .........

BUT.......

Then you make up the later against the conservatives so you are really saying it is ok because you feel the right is like this too.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,398,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
And when was that? Show me where a conservative talked about raping Chelsea Clinton (like they do Willow Palin) tell me where a conservative talked about they hope that Bill is brutal in his sex with Hilary? Or Pelosi? Show me where a conservative told any liberal woman that they should have gotten an abortion, because their child wasn't born perfect?
Show me these attacks.
There aren't any. They just have to say that to detract.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,414,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If people are not speaking out against it then it is saying they agree with it.
Or maybe simply not interested.

[shrug]

Old 07-17-2011, 06:31 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,433,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Hmmm you are saying you speak out against it .........

BUT.......

Then you make up the later against the conservatives so you are really saying it is ok because you feel the right is like this too.
Nice try at putting words in my mouth but I guess thats what righties are all about, right?

Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM

29,970 posts, read 18,529,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I am waiting, but not holding my breath, for a tidal wave of condemnation from groups like NOW and other women's rights groups against Bill Mahre and HBO. Imagine if a popular radio show host had said this about Michelle Obama.

It is difficult not to conclude that the left is perfectly comfortable with violence being perpetrated against women who don't share their particular viewpoint. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Don't hold your breath. The left is a violent, nasty lot devoid of common decency and morality. This type of behavior is celebrated and is the norm for the left, which has left the norms of society.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,913,139 times
I watched the show. I generally like the show. Sometimes comedians say something that is not funny or is offensive. Imagine that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies