U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 PM

3,644 posts, read 5,563,400 times

Advertisements

O’Keefe’s latest sting target: Medicaid bureaucrats « Hot Air

This not only uncovers how easy it is to get government workers to help you defraud the system but also how STUPID those government workers are. O'Keefe plays it over the top and they STILL go along with helping him out. Maybe if each government worker had any fraud they enabled taken out of their paycheck (even 1% value of the defrauded money) they would think twice about enabling it in the first place.

‪Ohio Medicaid Russian Drug Smuggling Investigation‬‏ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 02:16 PM

20,017 posts, read 15,735,189 times
Oh snap!

Old 07-20-2011, 05:38 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,361,685 times
The Associated Press: Ohio agency requires social worker retraining

Quote:
The director of Ohio's Department of Job and Family Services says county employees must be retrained following an online video that suggests workers inappropriately advised men posing as Russian drug dealers about Medicaid benefits.

Conservative activist James O'Keefe posted undercover video on his Project Veritas website Monday suggesting workers in three counties helped the men after being told they were illegal immigrants whose young sisters performed sex acts for drug clients.
A worker in Franklin County has been placed on paid administrative leave. Officials in Madison and Marion counties are investigating.
Thats great and all that they are going to retrain, but can you retrain something some people never had? Decency and common sense?!?!?!

Paid administrative leave? If these people in any way were looking to actually help out a potential criminal knowingly, they should be fired. Sure investigate, but there should be firings.

Most of us, Id like to think, are held to higher standards at the work place. Sure government type jobs and unions have no moral compass or much a sense of decency standard and the same can be said for hollywood. But in the real world, its usually different. How do we live in a country like the United States, and these type of people get to keep their job?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:08 AM

6,953 posts, read 4,425,908 times
I am kind of shocked that this thread died before I revived it. I thought it would get numerous bi partisan responses on how outrageous this story is. The guys in the vid openly tell the workers that they are drug dealers and pimp their 12 yr old sister. And that she will need lots of abortions, and these gvt workers help these scum bags apply for Medicaid. This is just a few counties in Ohio I wonder if this type of thing is widespread?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:25 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,863,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am kind of shocked that this thread died before I revived it. I thought it would get numerous bi partisan responses on how outrageous this story is. The guys in the vid openly tell the workers that they are drug dealers and pimp their 12 yr old sister. And that she will need lots of abortions, and these gvt workers help these scum bags apply for Medicaid. This is just a few counties in Ohio I wonder if this type of thing is widespread?
Thank you for reviving it. I had not seen it until now. We all know that Liberals are purposely quiet when it exposes the Mental Disease that is their ideology. They gladly let threads like these float to the bottom of the page and into oblivion. It's part of the plan.

As for the OP, this is absolutely disgusting. Is there anything at all that government is actually good at?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:52 AM

6,953 posts, read 4,425,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Thank you for reviving it. I had not seen it until now. We all know that Liberals are purposely quiet when it exposes the Mental Disease that is their ideology. They gladly let threads like these float to the bottom of the page and into oblivion. It's part of the plan.

As for the OP, this is absolutely disgusting. Is there anything at all that government is actually good at?
Another part of the vid that is troubling is they openly admit they are not U S citizen and the worker basicaly tells them it's not their job to check. They openly admit they are not U S citizen,sell drugs, and pimp their sisters, instead of notifying law enforcement they assist them on getting Medicaid.
I hope but doubt there will be a follow up story where some of the workers did contact law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies