Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:23 PM

515 posts, read 713,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I'm wondering if those laid off were all Republican..., oh wait...silly me; I momentarily forgot that no one gets a City job in Chicago unless they are democrats.

So now I'm wondering if they were all closet republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 06:35 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,258,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
I'm wondering if those laid off were all Republican..., oh wait...silly me; I momentarily forgot that no one gets a City job in Chicago unless they are democrats.

So now I'm wondering if they were all closet republicans.
I'm wondering if you actually know what you are talking about. Oh, wait, silly me. I momentarily forgot that you are not from Chicago or the surrounding area so you are just making things up.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:00 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,043,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah didn't Obama recently offer $4 TRILLION in cuts only to have the offer rebuked by the Republicans, or did that come to me in the form of a day dream?
Um, that's $4 TRILLION over 10 years.

I can see why you continue to post disinformation.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,608,174 times
Quote:
I understand how debt it monetized. I asked your perception.
no, you asked a rhetorical question based on a flawed assumption. i pointed out the fact that there were other choices beyond your flawed assumption.

Quote:
Was that stupid to attempt to engage a Progressive in a civil discussion on Obama's policies and not expect a personal attack in return? Likely so.
nice try and reframing the discussion, but,

a. just because i'm not on the far right, doesn't make me a progressive
b. you weren't attempting to engage anyone in a civil discussion
c. the story has nothing to do with obama

Old 07-18-2011, 08:16 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,296,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Hopefully he gets it soon enough and lays off 100x more than Emmanuel did.

That's the real issue with the budget.

Obama would rather dick-over 28 Million Americans than lay off 5,000 federal employees.
Sad, but true.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,296,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah didn't Obama recently offer $4 TRILLION in cuts only to have the offer rebuked by the Republicans, or did that come to me in the form of a day dream?
Where is this plan you speak of? Oh, that's right, it doesn't exists because it's just more baseless Obama campaign rhetoric. It's kind of hard to rebuke something that isn't officially even proposed on paper. Giving a campaign speech about offering $4T in (FUTURE) spending cuts is a far cry from putting forth an actual serious proposal.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM

515 posts, read 713,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I'm wondering if you actually know what you are talking about. Oh, wait, silly me. I momentarily forgot that you are not from Chicago or the surrounding area so you are just making things up.
I'm not a democrat so I'm not so into "making things up".

During 18 mos I lived in Chicago (near north, 1 block west of the LSD), after being relocated by my employers, I learned a lot more than I ever wanted to about Chicago politics and I was mighty glad to come home to New Orleans where we are not such hypocrites about our political graft and corruption.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:41 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,295,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Yeah, this is the Politics forum, not the Chicago forum.

That's a lie, Daley has done more for Chicago than anyone else has.
Uh, uh...Daley has done more to Chicago than anyone else has.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,258,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
I'm not a democrat so I'm not so into "making things up".

During 18 mos I lived in Chicago (near north, 1 block west of the LSD), after being relocated by my employers, I learned a lot more than I ever wanted to about Chicago politics and I was mighty glad to come home to New Orleans where we are not such hypocrites about our political graft and corruption.
Wow, what a failed attempt at trying to deflect the fact that you know nothing about Chicago.

Wow, you lived a whopping 18 months in Chicago. You aren't from here, you don't live here, and you surely did not make the most of your time here. Don't even try to make it sound like you know what Daley did, or did not do for Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Uh, uh...Daley has done more to Chicago than anyone else has.
Same goes for you. You have only lived in Brooklyn so your lack of time in any other city shows that you can't comment.

But since you will anyway, tell me what exactly Mayor Daley has done and why it is bad. I want your sources from a reliable local source, and comparisons to every other Mayor that Chicago has ever had.

Good luck, because you can't do it. I appreciate your hate for Chicago and Democrats, though.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 PM

1,123 posts, read 773,012 times
Quote:
Mayor Emanuel lays off city employees - Chicago Tribune

So if even Rahm Emmanuel "gets it" that when there is no money the size and scope of government must be reduced, why doesn't Obama get it?
This is absolutely wonderful news, a long time in coming. I am PRAYING that the public employee unions in NY reject the contract just negotiated with Cuomo, so that he too can start laying off thousands of public employees.

Obama "gets" it - he's just such a dreadful elected official that he'll sell his mother to earn some votes for 2012.

Last edited by sterpetron; 07-18-2011 at 10:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies