Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:55 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times

Advertisements

I do have a question on the new revenue sources that Obama is attempting to find.

Do those of you who amadantly oppose any new taxes, also oppose plugging tax loopholes that exist. Do you consider plugging loopholes new taxation??

I agree that the country cannot tolerate new taxes---but help me out here----do the majority of you still find yourselves oppossed to dealing with loopholes??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 05:06 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Simple question for Liberals: What's wrong with cutting, capping, and balancing?

It seems that your ideology is so far off-balance that you don't even know what right side up even looks like anymore. Explain this to us, instead of blindly supporting everything Barack Obama says.
Because it's a back door to the Ryan plan...

FACT CHECK: True! Jim Jordan Claims That

Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I'll believe the Republicans when they lead their spending cuts with the withdrawal from our three petroleum wars and the closure of almost all of our overseas bases. They can follow that by closing Homeland Security and the most annoying TSA. If they then added a 20% tax increase on all incomes over 500k I would think they were serious.

Their current proposals are only designed to punish the poor and working people for not having enough money. The Republican plan is pure self serving bull**it.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I do have a question on the new revenue sources that Obama is attempting to find.

Do those of you who amadantly oppose any new taxes, also oppose plugging tax loopholes that exist. Do you consider plugging loopholes new taxation??

I agree that the country cannot tolerate new taxes---but help me out here----do the majority of you still find yourselves oppossed to dealing with loopholes??
i have no problem closing loopholes.

we need to change the tax system anyway, where the "connected" find their own "special" deductions.

i can't for the life of me understand why we would tolerate having a treasury secretary not pay his own taxes. it is so SYMBOLIC of everything that is wrong with our system of taxation.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:20 AM

Floridasandy
Agree on loopholes-----what major loopholes can be cut and arent a lot of the congressmen involved in the debt fight oppossed to cutting loopholes on the grounds that they actually consider cutting loopholes adding new taxes. Doesnt it make sense, that on a logical plain, that cutting loopholes could add significant revenues and not add tax burden to the middle class?

Old 07-19-2011, 05:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Because it's a back door to the Ryan plan...

FACT CHECK: True! Jim Jordan Claims That
Good Lord. Why in the world would you expect me to buy off on an analysis performed by/for Democrats? Can't you find an objective analysis to support your beliefs?

Old 07-19-2011, 05:35 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Good Lord. Why in the world would you expect me to buy off on an analysis performed by/for Democrats? Can't you find an objective analysis to support your beliefs?
It's fact check... stating that the analysis is true. Whether the analysis is done by a liberal or conservative, they have rated it true.

You asked what I found wrong with the cap, cut and balance proposal, and I provided a link that explained why I don't support it.

Sorry you don't like it.... but I agree with that analysis.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:38 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
I got this at my daily news feed at work today. What does it mean; specifically "symbolic."

Quote:
The House takes up a largely symbolic measure that would cut and cap federal spending; symbolic votes are likely in both chambers in the days ahead as behind-the-scenes debt limit negotiations continue.
House: Convenes at noon for legislative business. Last votes expected 6 - 7 p.m.
Senate: Convenes 10 a.m.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
It's fact check... stating that the analysis is true. Whether the analysis is done by a liberal or conservative, they have rated it true.

You asked what I found wrong with the cap, cut and balance proposal, and I provided a link that explained why I don't support it.

Sorry you don't like it.... but I agree with that analysis.
Can't argue with that. You did indeed provide support for your position. Although, I would at least try to get another point of view instead a view of solely trotted out for Democratic strategy purposes.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:55 AM

When the legislation cap, cut, and balance is presented to the house today, do you feel it will just presented as is----or will there detailed proposals made on what should be cut---what should be capped ect....

We understand the concept and we will need to get there eventually-----but more beef please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies