Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 03:30 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I feel some guilt about being in the Mekong Delta in '66 but I do not feel guilty about what I did to keep me and my buddies alive.

WAR is a very bad joke played on everybody for the sake of the few. We need to just leave the entire Midle East to its own fate and tell the western petroleum monopoies to stuff it. So long as the oil flows I could care less who makes the profit.
Not me, two tours III Corps and enjoyed it. I was a professional Soldier and War is what Soldiers do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree ... does it?

‪George Bush New World Order‬‏ - YouTube
Not to say that the Bush's were Nazi's but without them Hitler would never have been Chancellor. All in the name of Corporate Profits for his boss, Fritz Thyssen.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:46 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Major General Smedley Butler, USMC said as much back in 1933:

War Is a Racket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thats deep.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
...seems our Military's main objective has been switched from protecting our freedom to protecting certain Corporatists economic interests and the wars they've been waging aren't exactly fair. I guess the members of the military themselves is getting pretty sick of it.
With the exception of the War of 1912 and WWII what exactly do you think the military has been doing since its inception?

Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Not me, two tours III Corps and enjoyed it. I was a professional Soldier and War is what Soldiers do.
I bet the Vietnamese didn't. How would you feel about them if you fought them on the banks of the Mississippi River? Would you still allow them into this country if they were tourists like they will any Americans who visit Vietnam? At least you won't have to worry about such things with Afghanistan/Iraq. You'll end up dead if you are a "tourist" there.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:35 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
I just watched this. Let me say that I don't condone any of the individual acts or crimes shown. You could put together a video of deviant behavior like that in the continental US.

I still support the action of going over there after 9/11. There would have been way more hell over here if we had done nothing over there.

There is no mention of the good that came out of our military action. The women who received many more freedoms. the purple fingers of the election, the democracy that is slowly building - and many thanked Bush for his action of removing Saddam.

There are many good people in the military, and I don't appreciate the attempt by the video to make them all look like maniacs - because they aren't.

If Paul is getting most of the military money, it's because Obama is a weak military leader who doesn't even want to be over there - and it shows. If Bush were in office, Paul would not be receiving this much money. But when you have a leader who doesn't really want to win - then yeah, they will support the candidate to get them out of there, and I don't blame them. They are way more at risk with Obama than with Bush.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
With the exception of the War of 1912 and WWII what exactly do you think the military has been doing since its inception?
The War of 1912?

More moaning from the I couldn't be bothered to do anything for my country set

Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I bet the Vietnamese didn't. How would you feel about them if you fought them on the banks of the Mississippi River? Would you still allow them into this country if they were tourists like they will any Americans who visit Vietnam? At least you won't have to worry about such things with Afghanistan/Iraq. You'll end up dead if you are a "tourist" there.
No like me they were soldiers, soldiers respect other soldiers and know that they like we go where they are ordered. It is the cowards who won't serve that get no respect. I've been back

Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
So true! It is sad but true. Isn't it time we did something about it considering our troops lives and health is at stake not to mention the costs!?!
NO PTSD is rooted in a Traumatic Event not the political reasons for the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies