Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:32 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
enlighten me...

I think this post from another thread, about Michelle Bachmann....sums it up very well and it's true. Why does the GOP stay 95% white? Can't win with those kind of #'s (at least for the long run as the US becomes less white). 2 black GOPers elected last year, doesn't make up for 25 years with only 1 being elected in Congress before that (JC Watts)....

They really have no idea how to appeal to minorities and that's a high problem with the gop. I think they need to fix this issue and learn a little more about those who aren't white.

Dems destroy them on this and when the Dems use the race card against the gop, even if it's filled with non facts Dems get the benefit of the doubt.

Why do the Dems get the benefit of a doubt on this?
I don't see them putting out songs like Barack the Magic Negro.
i hate to break it to you .... but blacks are only 13% of the population, and many of them are raised to distrust the Republican party, and in no state do they form a majority. If I was running on a national GOP platform I wouldn't worry about their votes, either. What's the point? It'd be maximum effort for minimal results.

As far as minority voting blocs, Hispanics are where it is at. They don't have the historical "baggage" surrounding the black community, they are growing faster (I believe), and they have more malleable views of the Republican party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 06:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i hate to break it to you .... but blacks are only 13% of the population, and many of them are raised to distrust the Republican party, and in no state do they form a majority. If I was running on a national GOP platform I wouldn't worry about their votes, either. What's the point? It'd be maximum effort for minimal results.

As far as minority voting blocs, Hispanics are where it is at. They don't have the historical "baggage" surrounding the black community, they are growing faster (I believe), and they have more malleable views of the Republican party.
You nailed it. But with the Hispanics comes the "amnesty" issue.
Not all Dems are on board with this and even less Repubs are on board with this.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:53 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:

Keep thinking like that and it will kill the Republican Party in presidential elections. States like North Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia are critical to any Republican presidential aspirations. Black Ameican voters represent a critical voting bloc in those states and their numbers are increasing in those states. In 2008 the Republican Party lost both Virginia and North Carolina and they won in Georgia by only 47% to 52% margin.

As for as Latinos the Republican Party's attacks on immigration using racial and cultural stereotypes will continue to work against them getting a strong foothold in the Latino community.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
If you look at Republican politicians vs Democratic politicians, the Republicans are much, much whiter than the Democrats.
That is true.

Quote:
The Democrats are roughly on par with America in terms of racial and ethnic demographics
That is not.

Quote:
There also aren't as many women in the Republican Party as the Democratic Party
This is true but it's not a severe gap.

Quote:
And there aren't that many non-Christians in the GOP.
this is true.

Quote:
The question is...why?
identity politics. people vote according to their personal perspectives. For example:

a stereotypical democrat voter (a woman, a gay man, a straight man who appears gay) sees the "Violence against women act" and thinks, "Good, we are helping end violence against women."

I see the same act and think, "Wow, why do women get special protections that I don't? Aren't we supposed to be equal? Don't we already have laws against violence? This is hypocritical."

This same idea applies to, say, healthcare, where the Democrats want to make me pay more, so other people can pay less. Or affirmative action, where Democrats want to give me a disadvantage when competing for a job. Or unions / free trade, where Democrats want me to pay more so I can get less. It is also Geographic -- just look at the Boeing/NLRB situation where Democrats and their NLRB want to take jobs away from my area. If it were up to the Republicans there would be no NLRB and there would be no more problem. If it were up to the Democrats my tax dollars would be spent bailing out Illinois, NY, and California so their public employees could continue to be paid double or triple what my local public employees are paid.

When you add it all up, the Republican Party is the default choice because they "protect" me in this culture war, from all these jackasses on the left who treat me like the enemy simply because I'm white, male, southern, and live in a right-to-work state.

Last edited by le roi; 07-20-2011 at 07:15 AM..

Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
If you look at Republican politicians vs Democratic politicians, the Republicans are much, much whiter than the Democrats. The Democrats are roughly on par with America in terms of racial and ethnic demographics, while the Republicans are rather NOT diverse. Yes, there are some notable exceptions, but generally, this is true.

There also aren't as many women in the Republican Party as the Democratic Party, at least, those who are politically active. And there aren't that many non-Christians in the GOP.

The question is...why?
Dems live breath and use up every waking hour of their lives thinking on and obsessing on race and gender.

The question is...why?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 AM

300 posts, read 250,189 times
Quote:
Klansman,.....oh Klansman!!

Originally Posted by brainwrek
Fact: Per capita, blacks commit more violent crimes than any other race.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

Blacks do in fact commit more violent crimes per capita, as the supporting evidence has shown.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Keep thinking like that and it will kill the Republican Party in presidential elections. States like North Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia are critical to any Republican presidential aspirations. Black Ameican voters represent a critical voting bloc in those states and their numbers are increasing in those states. In 2008 the Republican Party lost both Virginia and North Carolina and they won in Georgia by only 47% to 52% margin.
But that doesn't change the fact that blacks are a "lost cause." There is no point in the GOP courting them as voters because they will never be won over, not in my lifetime or in any timeframe that matters. They vote 90%+ Democrat.

And look at the states you're referring to, where Republican majorities are eroding -- I'm not convinced it is simply due to a growth in black voters, it is also due to a change in the composition of white voters, and an increase in hispanic voters.

Last edited by le roi; 07-20-2011 at 07:59 AM..

Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:

This is unfortunate, but true. The black vote has become irrelevant since the Dems know they will get 90% of it regardless of who runs. The Reps know they cannot get more than 10 - 15% regardless of who they run.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Go back to Stormfront and stay off here.
More whites commit crimes than any other race in the USA, (even though thanks to racism, the % of whites that commit crimes may be lower than the % of other races that commit crimes), however, most of the crimes are committed by whites......
should we abort all white babies?
anyway, stay on topic, Klansman.

You obviously didn't read the post that you responded to. It did not say blacks commit more crimes than whites.

Statistically, aborting any number or group of babies will reduce crime. Less people equals less crime.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:26 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
i myself am mixed(half white/half black). wont vote for a white man over a minority. i will vote for any non-white regardless of party before i vote for a white, regardless of party.

my desire is to get as many non-whites in government as possible, regardless of ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies