U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:27 PM

773 posts, read 410,928 times

Advertisements

Some people keep insulting Jimmy Carter by saying Obama MAY pass him as the worst president in American history.

So for the record, which one is worse? Obama or Carter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 PM

773 posts, read 410,928 times
Mr/Ms Mod. I meant to add a poll with (2) choices. Obama and Carter. I clicked post before adding poll. Can you add?

Thx

Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,580,907 times
Oh, obama, hands down. Carter was a tottering old fool with horrible policies, but we knew he loved this country, even though his ideas were bad.

With obama, we can ascertain from his words and deeds that he has no love for America, no respect for what made this nation what it is today.

Let us all remember his words - America is great, and we're going to transform it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Mr/Ms Mod. I meant to add a poll with (2) choices. Obama and Carter. I clicked post before adding poll. Can you add?

Thx
Send the mod a DM - there is no guarantee they will stop in and read your request.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:15 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,331,639 times
Both are (were) reputed to be very intelligent.

Both have an approach to foreign policy that is incomprehensible.

Both have an ideological streak that makes them prone to counter-productive actions.

Carter micromanaged everything, a trait that impaired his effectiveness. Obama manages nothing.

Carter understood business, having been a peanut farmer. Obama does not understand business, never having owned one, worked in one, or even had a paper route.

Obama's accomplishment in getting elected was far superior to Carter's.

I will withhold my vote until I see whether the Obama presidency pays off for Republicans in subsequent elections as well as Carter's presidency did.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:19 PM

357 posts, read 169,204 times
Outside of Carter's love affair for dictators, he wasn't nearly as bad as Republicans make him out to be. He was much more fiscally conservative than his predecessor, was the King of Deregulation, and bravely fought rampant inflation.

I will take Carter over Obama, either Bush, or Reagan.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:43 PM

3,059 posts, read 3,227,633 times
Obama, far worse....When I think of Carter, I think of a tool, when I think of Obama, I think, well, I just want to throw up....

Old 07-19-2011, 10:10 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,395,450 times
Surprise, the Republicans choose Obama. Why?

1. Too young to remember
2. Backs up hate filled posts in other threads.
3. They are the most recent, so why not?

Old 07-20-2011, 01:23 AM

22,381 posts, read 27,564,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
Outside of Carter's love affair for dictators, he wasn't nearly as bad as Republicans make him out to be. He was much more fiscally conservative than his predecessor, was the King of Deregulation, and bravely fought rampant inflation.

I will take Carter over Obama, either Bush, or Reagan.
Carter over Reagan? Tell me you are joking!

Old 07-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 29 days ago)

18,988 posts, read 12,192,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Some people keep insulting Jimmy Carter by saying Obama MAY pass him as the worst president in American history.

So for the record, which one is worse? Obama or Carter?

Obama is far worse. At least Carter did not sue US states and support illegals at the expense of US citizens. Both were (and are) terrible for buinsess.

The independents put Obama into office and they will remove him in 2012. No one likes high unemployment, high debt, and economic uncertainty. The glitter has worn off and people are concerned for the future of the nation and thier children. Obama has proved to be a great campaigner and an incompetent leader.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:46 AM

6,939 posts, read 7,773,903 times
As I posted in another thread, Obama is running neck and neck with George W. for the worst president of my lifetime. Carter, while not a great president, wasn't intentionally negligent the way I feel that Obama is. At the very least, Carter still has the respect of foreign leaders, to the point that he is accepted as an ambassador of sorts. Obama, on the other hand, has alienated both foreign powers and the people at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies