Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Allen West's comments?
Yes 63 58.33%
No 45 41.67%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Yes it did....you might not see it due to her being a leftist like yourself.
No it didn't, if you want to suggest it did then who's really stretching it.

Nowhere was her attack personal and I already explained that in plain English.

That link was plainly a failure if you were using that to make your point.

It has nothing to do with party politics and everything to do with him attacking her as a person, a woman and not a politician.

You have already lost this one!!!..now I'm done.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Somebody needed to call her on her crap. And going public with his email doesn't make her crap smell any better.
She didn't go public with it. He CC'd the email to Congressional leaders as well as to Politico.com. He obviously wanted to draw attention to his words and to himself.

It's amusing to see West's defenders twist themselves in knots to rationalize or justify his language and behavior.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:41 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Tea Party types in this country have been accused of racism because they often are caught saying racist jokes or using offensive language about Pres. Obama that, if not racist, is very insensitive and should not be part of anyones vocabulary in politics. Since it happens so frequently, and since their message is so odious to most minorities (and non) this makes them hyper sensitive.

So these people will look for any excuse to turn the tables. Insult one of their token black members (who are usually nuttier than your avg. Tea Partier) and they get their "Racist!" freak on.
I'm sure this is waaaaaaay above your comprehension ability but do you realize how ironic it is for you to rail on Tea Party members for being racist and very insensitive then in the same breath you call Allen West a "token black member"?

Seriously, are you guys for real?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:46 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm sure this is waaaaaaay above your comprehension ability but do you realize how ironic it is for you to rail on Tea Party members for being racist and very insensitive then in the same breath you call Allen West a "token black member"?
Yea, because there are so many minorities flocking to the Tea Party.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:40 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Good for him, enough of this fake civility. He stood up unlike a lot of the jelly-spined repubs.......made me proud. That chick makes me want to bleeeeeeech all over the place.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

Seriously, are you guys for real?
Well,they think they are....LOL.

Party members following the party line.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In my experience, women who go by maiden-married name combinations are the biggest douch hags on the planet. I can't think of a single one that i've encountered that didn't deserve the same treatment that West gave this one. The narcissism usually translates into a sorry excuse for a woman, and i'm not sure why that is.

I can think of 4 right off the top of my head in the public arena:
1) Hillary Rodham Clinton
2) Theresa Heinz Kerry
3) Sheila Jackson Lee
4) Debbie Wasserman Shultz
Worthless. All of them. And there are MANY more just like them.
Ms. Kerry hurt your feelings in some way? Did she speak out at some point and say something you didn't like? Women who retain their maiden names uppity and not submissive enough?
This is the typical response toward women who don't "know their place", in the bedroom, kitchen, or speaking out against Republicans. Bet you like (or at least tolerate) Republican women and the Fox bimbos, right?

Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In my experience, women who go by maiden-married name combinations are the biggest douch hags on the planet. I can't think of a single one that i've encountered that didn't deserve the same treatment that West gave this one. The narcissism usually translates into a sorry excuse for a woman, and i'm not sure why that is.

I can think of 4 right off the top of my head in the public arena:

1) Hillary Rodham Clinton
2) Theresa Heinz Kerry
3) Sheila Jackson Lee
4) Debbie Wasserman Shultz

Worthless. All of them. And there are MANY more just like them.
So because you disagree with them and don't like their names...they therefore do not deserve to be treated with basic civil respect?

You are a good demonstration of the very problem we're talking about here.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:15 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Your brother needs to get his sarcasm meter checked.
No, he was quite serious.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:53 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
No, he was quite serious.
I know that. I'm talking about his sarcasm detection meter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies