Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Commentary: Again, false GOP hopes for Jewish support | McClatchy (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/07/20/117876/again-false-gop-hopes-for-jewish.html - broken link)

Some things never change. Birds fly south for the winter, the sun rises in the morning, and conservatives persist in believing that Jewish voters will desert the Democratic Party and embrace the GOP.

Yeah, right. And the Beatles will reunite.
The thinkers, the policy/play makers within GOP know that. However, what we see around here and in the media in general is nothing but political game with the intent to discourage a few that would otherwise vote against them. So, the non-thinkers, the puppets, the perfect parrots, pick these "words of wisdom" and run around with them. Not that they haven't been in election mode since Nov 2008, but the fervor to present such ideas via threads or arguments, or stories and articles will only increase thru Nov 2012. Watch for...
- How blacks are hating it
- How latinos are hating it
- How Jews hate Obama
- Why Obama doesn't care about Asians
- Obama is a Muslim
- Muslims are a threat
- Obama's birth certificate
- Obama hates Israel and loves Hamas
- Obama loves Arabs
- Obama is hated by Arabs
- 9/11 mosque story
- Illegal immigration
:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
How does anti-israel = self annihilation for Jews who live in the U.S.? If you look at the number of Jewish congressman (there are a lot), that may have something to do with how they vote. Eric Cantor (overdog) is about the only Jewish Republican.

Jews in the 112th Congress
good post, wasn't able to rep ya

Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Do Jews in America vote for a president who will help America, or for a president who will help Israel?

Peace!
brian
Despite your continual insinuations about Jews in every thread where you post, the fact is that there are probably going to be two choices in the 2012 election: Barack Obama, or not voting at all. Giving my vote to one of the current crop of Republican pretenders is not an option.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:25 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Any American president that believes another nation-state should be reduced to a nine-mile-wide, indefensible piece of postage stamp property is proposing the annihilation of an entire nation, since it is surrounded by self-proclaimed annihilators.

If he thinks of this as defensible, what ludicrous ideas does he have of the defense of our own democracy??
So if Jews vote for a president that supports Israel, then I suppose it's quite natural for Muslims to vote for a president that supports Palestine. Right?

That sounds fair.

If I vote, I guess I'll vote for a president who supports Italy.

Peace!
brian

Old 07-20-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Despite your continual insinuations about Jews in every thread where you post, the fact is that there are probably going to be two choices in the 2012 election: Barack Obama, or not voting at all. Giving my vote to one of the current crop of Republican pretenders is not an option.
And that is one of the ideas behind GOP game plan. Discouraging the opposition would work just as well.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Interesting that, with the Dems' anti-Israel stances, Jews seem to vote for self-annihilation
Sad that so many are still incapable of understanding the difference between a nation and followers of a religion.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Any American president that believes another nation-state should be reduced to a nine-mile-wide, indefensible piece of postage stamp property is proposing the annihilation of an entire nation, since it is surrounded by self-proclaimed annihilators.

If he thinks of this as defensible, what ludicrous ideas does he have of the defense of our own democracy??
uhm

there isnt (and never was) a palistine state..they are JORDANI, and SERIANS

Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Interesting that, with the Dems' anti-Israel stances, Jews seem to vote for self-annihilation
Trust me, most Jews are smarter than to believe in/associate with that crap. Besides, we're talking about American Jews, no? Or, do Israelis vote in American elections?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:30 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

Any American president should trash the idea that we are the world's police force.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
So if Jews vote for a president that supports Israel, then I suppose it's quite natural for Muslims to vote for a president that supports Palestine. Right?

That sounds fair.

If I vote, I guess I'll vote for a president who supports Italy.

Peace!
brian
I vote for one that supports "little-Italy"

signed
a New York Italian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies