Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does this Ad help the Same Sex Marriage Cause?
Yes, its a great Ad and would sway me in the direction of support for Same Sex Marriage. 26 29.89%
No. It's offensive and pushes me away from support for same sex marriage. 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:42 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,355,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I don't know if you are promoting these bald faced lies purposely, or if you actually believe this nonsensical blather. But we're going to correct this dangerous deception which I'm predisposed to consider intentional, given so many other evidences of purposeful deception emanating from the homosexual community.

First ... I've seen the inane argument pop up many times ... that pedophilia doesn't recognize sexual orientation, in spite of the facts that pedophiles absolutely follow a pattern .... those who molest little girls strongly follow the same pattern, repeatedly molesting little girls, and the same pattern shows with those who molest little boys. This is prima fascia evidence that sexual orientation is ABSOLUTELY observed by these sick perverts when selecting their victims. Yet you want to take this insanity to even greater leaps of the illogical by claiming that the clear homosexual orientation demonstrated in the act of a man molesting a boy as being an act predominately perpetrated by heterosexuals? Even George Orwell must be doing backflips in his grave right now!
No. It's absolutely true and backed up by research. I am not referring to pedophiles who have no attractions to adults of either gender, I am referring to child molestors who sexually abuse children -either boys or girls. They are usually heterosexual. They are often called "regressed" pedophiles.

Search my past posts for all the studies. Or do some research yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 04:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,322,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Um, kids are being used to push the fundamentalist Christian agenda, as indicated in that video. Heck, Fred Phelps has kids actually holding the signs that say "God hates ****", or "God hates America".
But this is about the Homosexual video using kids spewing the F bomb promoting the agenda, not about some Jesus camp or Theophobics.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:07 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,440,457 times
I totally agree that this advertisement was in poor taste, but at the same time, if you don't want to get slammed, don't slam other people. If anti-gay Christians don't want gays to slam them, then maybe they should stop slamming gays.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:12 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,180,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
No. It's absolutely true and backed up by research. I am not referring to pedophiles who have no attractions to adults of either gender, I am referring to child molestors who sexually abuse children -either boys or girls. They are usually heterosexual. They are often called "regressed" pedophiles.

Search my past posts for all the studies. Or do some research yourself.
Not trying to add fuel to the fire but it stands to reason that there are more adult heterosexual pedophiles than there are adult homosexual pedophiles because there are more adult heterosexuals, period. I did a search trying to get some information about the incidence of homosexual pedophilia vs the incidence of heterosexual pedophilia and could not find any reliable info. I feel sure there must be some information somewhere comparing these two deviancies on a percentage of population basis but can't find anything from an impartial source. Does anyone know if any such studies have ever been done?

Old 07-24-2011, 04:42 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,322,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
but at the same time, if you don't want to get slammed, don't slam other people. .
It's good advice for any opposing groups but it goes against human nature, a person just has to look around to see that from top to bottom people takes sides and lash out against each other. Nobody is innocent.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:46 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,440,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's good advice for any opposing groups but it goes against human nature, a person just has to look around to see that from top to bottom people takes sides and lash out against each other. Nobody is innocent.
Oh I agree. Gay people who slam Christians should stop doing that as well if they wish not to be slammed.

Something about "treat others as you like to be treated" comes to mind.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:55 PM

14,944 posts, read 8,558,182 times
Quote:
Most gay people I know don't go to the parades. I don't go to the parades. I have zero interest in them. I would really appreciate not being grouped with the gay men who stand on trucks with nothing but their privates covered by leather. Not all gay people are extremist, just like not all Christians are members of the Westboro Baptist Church.
We've had conversations before, and though I disagree with you on many points, I have always found you to be a very reasonable person, with a level grasp of logic ... not something I've found to be a predisposition of the liberal elements.

So I'm not grouping you into any category ... I'm simply highlighting the actions of those within the group you identify with. So if anyone is casting a bad light upon you, it's the radical leather thong crowd doing it ... not me. Same could be said of the offensive video .... I know you commented on that, but I don't specifically remember your stance.

Quote:
Not all liberals people are anti-Christian and not all liberals blindly support Islam either. I am liberal and I have nothing against Christianity, and I realize that Islam comes in many different forms and degrees of devotion. I think it's pretty safe to say I'm not alone in having a more nuanced view of Islam and Christianity.
You may not be alone ... but you are by no means representative of the majority of gays or liberals in general ... or do you believe you are? To me, you often sound like a left leaning, conservative republican who happened to be born gay, while retaining most all of your other intelligent faculties

Quote:
I've never come across a Christian who thought I should die for being gay--and that's exactly my point. The vast majority of Christians don't believe people should be killed for engaging in homosexual behavior, and rightfully so. In fact, there are many verses that pretty much any Christian in their right mind wouldn't follow in a million years. So why do so many (and I am not saying all) Christians insist on following verses that, in many cases, so severely condemn homosexuality? Why do they claim that "the Bible tells me so" when there are so many other instances where "the Bible tells them so" but they don't follow it out of their own God-given human intelligence and compassion? God gave us a a mind and a heart, and my issue is not with Christianity itself, but with self-identified "Christians" who don't use their own mind and heart to realize that gay people are God's creation and worthy of loving kindness just as much as the next person.
I think we just circled back with the headlights focused on the leather thong men as the most reasonable answer to your question.

Given the blood and guts nature of some elements of the Bible, many Christians already demonstrate the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff .. to varying degrees. And any group .. pick one ... there are moderates and extremists ... and guess what .. the extremists are ALWAYS the loudest, but do not always represent the majority view.

I would also suggest that most Christians couldn't care less about who you sleep with .. really .. I don't think 99% even give it a first thought, let alone a second one, until your radical thong men jam their rear ends into the collective face of society, and the very predictable response to that comes recoiling back.

This is a push-pull ... and it really doesn't matter who pushed first or why. In the final analysis, the more radical the stance, the equally radical the response can be expected.

Quote:
Gay people are also given the same free will as any other person, and if any gay person should choose to marry the same sex, then let them. If God does decide to condemn homosexuals for whatever reason (and I don't believe that God does, but that's a whole other thread topic), then that is between that individual and God. It's not our place to meddle with other people's lives in the name of God. Let go and let God--God has more than enough power to keep things going as intended.
I agree, with certain caveats. Homosexuals have pushed to much ... and have demanded too much ... and have forced their way into the lives of the heterosexual society that they claim they seek acceptance by. I would cite one big issue ... the liberal created program of sex education, and the sexual indoctrination of young children as young as 5 years old, including the topic of homosexuality. Parents are just now becoming aware of some of the age inappropriate topics these programs are teaching their small children and they are OUTRAGED by it, and for good reason.

Consequently, sympathetic ears don't hear much under the background noise of outrage. And the outrage is building to a feverish pitch, exacerbated by many other issues, not necessarily confined to homosexual rights .. but in the plethora of "special interests" demands for status and privileges, while middle class America is being butchered like a holiday hog at a Hawaiian Luau. Are you following me here? In short, people are getting fed up, because they are being pressured from all sides in a declining economy .... and bada bing, bada boom ... here comes the Christian bashing, God mocking homos wearing pink leather thongs .. and you can't figure out why they might object? Come on ... you're smarter than that.

Just on this thread alone ... one of the reasons given for why it's so important for SSM was defined as an immigration issue ... a real sensitive topic these days. So, Joe Gay wants to travel to Costa Rica, marry his Latin lover he met last night, and tote his arse back to the US as a permanent resident by virtue of legal marriage. Guess what? Society says sorry ... we've got bigger issues to deal with than your ability to import a lover. And society is correct ... we've got much bigger issues to worry about than how to help facilitate adding another liberal loon to the family. And this opens the door for all sorts of immigration scams, which also are fervantly supported by the left. And these scams exist now in the heterosexual world too ... but that doesn't mean we need to extend it ... we need to stop the scams, not add another to the mix.

Look, we don't need Latin Gay Grooms dot com popping up all over the world ... we've got the "Russian Brides" already (and many others) ... you know, the hundreds of hot blond bombshells, 36-24-36, who's 25 years old and looks like a penthouse centerfold who says "I don't like boys of my age, but I love mature western man who I would love to marry and take care of my lovely man and make his dreams come true". Bull .... she wants some idiot to bring her pretty little behind back to the US, where, after the obligatory 2 years have passed, she has permanent residence status, and that mature lovely man's bubble explodes as she flies out the door with the 28 year old Stock Broker she's been secretly banging on the side for .. you guessed it .. the past 2 years.

I know that may sound cynical, but it's the reality. I can guarantee you there'd be as many scams as legitimate marriages ... a commune of gays "getting married" so that they qualify for certain benefits ... I know this already happens today in general society and in the military with gay women marrying gay men just to attain benefits .. and many never live a day together.

My personal feelings on the SSM thing is actually sympathetic to those who legitimately want to have such a relationship ... contrary to what it may appear on the surface from my other comments. But that sympathy is tempered by reality, and the fundamental fact that these marriage benefits were never intended to enrich adults to begin with .. but to aid in the stability of families for the benefit of their children. That's the reality. You can't possibly understand how the world actually operates and not understand the magnitude of scams going on .... anchor babies are a classic example of gaming the system. This was a well intentioned idea to avoid separating mother from child in the case of a birth on US Soil. Then, it became a means for illegals to leapfrog legitimate immigration procedures (and all of those following the law) by sneaking over the border in their 8th month, going to a hospital ... having a baby free of charge, and gaining resident status ... all on OUR DIME. Then public housing ... food stamps ... welfare assistance .... God Bless America ... and screw the American Middle Class who's paying all of the bills, while being called racists, bigots, and homophobes should they dare make a peep.

How dare these middle class conservatives complain ... huh? I tell you what they are .. they are fed up. They are neck deep in an economic disaster, the dollar is losing value, their business is down by a third, they've lost their equity due to a 30% loss in home values and now upside down in their mortgage, there is talk of raising their taxes, their 6 year old is being taught about Billy's two mommies, and they have every lunatic special interest group complaining of unfairness and demanding more privileges. They are becoming slightly annoyed, and they have every reason to be.

Does this make any sense?

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 07-24-2011 at 05:10 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 05:28 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,180,420 times
^^^^^

It makes perfect sense to me.

Nim is one of the few sensible and non-judgmental liberals on CD. One can have a sane conversation with her, disagree and still be friends.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,627,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Does this make any sense?
Yes, but since you're in Texas, I'd say you have little to worry about in the near future when it comes to same-sex marriage.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:54 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,470,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Not really, that was pederasty. The Greeks worshipped all things male and were quite mysogynistic. Adult male citizens would take on boys as proteges to teach maths, science, philosophy, politics etc. Many also used them for sex as substitutes for women as, other than prostitutes or wives, women of class were not easily available for sex. Most of these men would not have been homosexuals by nature, but heterosexual.

We know from modern research that most men who sexually molest boys are heterosexual in their adult attractions and it's the soft feminine qualities of boys who have not yet grown beards and body hair they find attractive.

Relationships between 2 adult men of equal power and status (while they existed) were still frowned upon, although accepted.
Then you are saying heterosexuals can have homosexual sex even when they are strictly heteros and do not have an attraction to the same sex? This happens in prison all the time so sex is fluid. Then gays say they are only attracted to the same sex and straights should not be bothered with it at all.

Most people know sex is a matter of choice. IMO no one is born with one attraction or the other. We learn most of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies