Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
We don't want your narrow belief system forced upon us.
Thats how I feel about gays.

I've never heard a Christian call me a bigot or tell me I'm an incompetent parent or the state should take my children from their home because I didn't like their religion.

And yeah, their belief system is narrow in the sense that they slander anyone who doesn't agree with them as bigots, homophobes and/or religious zealots.
That's not tolerance . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 04:47 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,910,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
No. We don't. You'd be hard-pressed to justify that crap by the Bible, or to find a Christian pastor that actually endorsed it. I can't say that about the jihadists that took down the WTC towers.

uh...nope. uh uh. Wrong there, too. Throughout history, the great scientists have been theists. We like science...but we don't like Darwin's fairy tale. It just takes too much faith to believe in.

Nope....uh uh. Again, you're wrong. You're just on fire with these stupid strawman arguments.

Once again...nope. We would like to see the Constitution actually paid attention to, though.
How does the Constitution support prayer in public schools, prayer in the public sector, and moral values legislation according to YOUR beliefs?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Isn't that the fault of Christianity considering the Christians scream into your face that you cannot get divorces, overeat, drink alcohol, curse, or have sex without frying in hell? You cannot even have a sinful thought without burning in hell. I think people have a rational fear of Christians. Let's be real.

Last edited by artsyguy; 07-21-2011 at 04:56 PM..

Old 07-21-2011, 04:50 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
I have never seen a thread draw so many left wing sharks. To the last of them trying their best to somehow draw a picture of Christians as fire breathing, Bible thumping monsters desiring no less than the life of a first born and willing to write into law a tbeocratic rule in the good old USA. All the contempt and hatred they spew for anyone who dare call themselves a Christian? ...well that's different. They see the evil and are just trying to enlighten us all...Beware folks!!! There'd Christians out there....and they want to force Biblical law on us ALL!!!!. OHH...I think I directed the word "cretin" in the right direction.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Astroturfing for Christian reconstructionism or the dominionists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post

I've never heard a Christian call me a bigot or tell me I'm an incompetent parent or the state should take my children from their home because I didn't like their religion.

And yeah, their belief system is narrow in the sense that they slander anyone who doesn't agree with them as bigots, homophobes and/or religious zealots.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Christians aren't targeted for beatings and various oppressions. Don't be ignorant.

Gays, people of color, and other minorities have been targeted for gang stalking, civil rights violations, and murder for decades. It's history.

There isn't anything in U.S. history to prove hostility or bigotry against Christians.

What people need to realize is that many of the evangelical churches pay people to write misleading propaganda on internet forums and YouTube in the name of Chri$$$t. It's called astroturfing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have never seen a thread draw so many left wing sharks. To the last of them trying their best to somehow draw a picture of Christians as fire breathing, Bible thumping monsters desiring no less than the life of a first born and willing to write into law a tbeocratic rule in the good old USA. All the contempt and hatred they spew for anyone who dare call themselves a Christian? ...well that's different. They see the evil and are just trying to enlighten us all...Beware folks!!! There'd Christians out there....and they want to force Biblical law on us ALL!!!!. OHH...I think I directed the word "cretin" in the right direction.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:00 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post

A few hundred years of smiling and nodding and being polite will fix everything though. Just wait.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM

306 posts, read 355,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
And your point is ... ?

You're a plumber who lives in Nevada so I'm sure you're brilliant ..... so please Mr. Plumber who lives in Nevada ..... share your enormous wisdom from all your years of plumbing in Nevada ... and tell us poor simple minded folks with liberal college educations how much you've learned from plumbing in Nevada and how that qualifies you to speak about things that don't relate to plumbing or Nevada!

Thanks Sweetheart!

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's disturbing how the mainstream media have practically declared war against a certain group of peaceful Americans. If they slandered Jews or Muslims in the same manner as they do Christians would that be acceptable? Why the double-standard?

Liberals Launch Christian Witch Trials

Huffington Post - Crazed Christians, Two Lifesized Looney Tunes

Media Bias Against Conservative Christians

The Media and Hollywood War Against Christianity

Is The Media Bias Against Christians?
We're not against Christianity; we're against religious extremists - particularly when they want to mix religion with politics.

What does that mean lol ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
A few hundred years of smiling and nodding and being polite will fix everything though. Just wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies