Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times

Advertisements

People worriede about flying and be serched. he real probelm that is drivingus under is that in 1996 Clinton the budget to run the coutnry was 1.5 triliuon. Under Obama its is now 3.6 trillion.We are spending 1.6 trillion to service your debt, In time you wouldn't be flying anyhwere ;anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 05:25 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
We gave up our freedoms for security.

Millions of American citizens stand in line every day either being x-rayed or being felt up by TSA agents for the mere pleasure of flying.

I know that this is a subject which has been discussed to death, but it shows how willing we are as a people to feel safe.

The Constitution no longer matters.
Yes.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
That is extremely short-sighted and completely ignores that attitudes that Americans have towards EVERYTHING... not the least including not minding that millions of jobs were sent overseas just so someone can buy a cheap plastic toy at Walmart for $0.39, among other things.
Yes.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

What's the first damn thing people do when a terrorist attack happens on a commericial jet? B*tch about security!
No.
You might want to look at the 1980's and hijackings and the response to it.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:17 PM

46,891 posts, read 25,866,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Let people defend themselves. The second amendment would solve the problem, freedom works.
What could possibly go wrong?

Old 07-21-2011, 06:34 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,161,239 times
Quote:
I know that this is a subject which has been discussed to death,
So you thought we would all be interested in discussing it to death some more..

Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What could possibly go wrong?
Well we know what happens when guns aren't allowed...

Old 07-21-2011, 08:27 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,444,835 times
Quote:

The Constitution no longer matters.
How does the COTUS no longer matter? Provide specific examples.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,160,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Let people defend themselves. The second amendment would solve the problem, freedom works.
Yes! Americans still have their guns and bibles! What more do we need?

Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 PM

545 posts, read 399,652 times

Grandma...really?....I mean really?

7 year old..stripped searched in a crowed public terminal...

6 year old....brought to tears, had on tight fiting clothing making it impossible to hinde anything...yet the searched happend anyway...

3 year old....also brought to tears and had a tantrum because she knew some mouth breathing stranger touching her was wrong and oh yeah, she is three...

there is a bunch of other stories out there too

many of those who are ok with this are a new kind of sheeple...where as the old kind just mindlessly accepted whatever their masters told them, this breed of sheeple seem to go out their way to be controlled.....honestly someone compared this bouncers at a night club....really?...Bouncers make you take your clothes off and get all in your ass?....

these people also like to fancy themselves as "insightful"...they "get it"...they're not mindless like you fox news watchers, they know the system is here to protect you so they don't mind if the TSA and total strangers place their hands on the kids...in-fact you're the idiot for not doing the same so shut up....

I've even seen one you-tube vid of a guy ranting and calling people morons and prunes for getting all upset at the TSA for touching our kids, in-fact he would gladly subject his daughters to this treatment and you'd be an idiot not to...imagine that, a FATHER who would let total strangers place their hands on his daughters.....this guy looked young and had a hipster "ironic" look..and that video had many "likes"... and the comments on the vid showed lots of support for him...he wasn't alone in his view..

now I know traditional/family values isn't "cool" and "hip" but I'll be damned if some mouth breathing idiot is going to touch my family...so I haven't taken a plane since 2008..

I mean back when the TSA and the six year old story broke, those who advocating and defending the "system" didn't see anything wrong...but it confused me...that story was riddled with problems .."they had to search the little girl, the bomb detector went off by her stroller".....wait....WHAT?....you "geniuses" didn't think that this system is so flawed that it can't tell the difference from a bomb and a everyday extremely common item like a stroller?...that thought didn't cross your mind?...instead you jump right to defending this?...you are putting your lives in this system and it isn't even all that accurate and you people call others idiots?....

remember this was when the six year old/TSA story broke news....months ago...so was it really a shock when a Nigerian man boards U.S. flight with invalid pass? (http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/nigerian-man-boards-u-s-flight-with-invalid-1573725.html - broken link)....maybe to the sheeple but not to those who can't be easily lead around like cattle.. it just confirmed what those who have known from the beginning..that it was inaccurate and just stupid...

these people can find it necessary to get into your grandma's diaper but can't check the simple plain info on the pass?...stop buying into something because someone else told you so..you had no reason to fear apple pie middle America families on their way to Disney world...the only reason you fear them now is because the govt told you to....not everyone who disagree with you are idiots and you're not as "smart" as you think you are..

like I said, its like these people are going out their way to be controlled ...

Mulisms blow sh*t up, should we view radical Islam with a bit more Caution?..I mean for the atheist libs they have been going after Christianity for decades...here Islam has flown planes into buildings...can't we at least keep an eye on it?...the same way you people do on Christianity?..."no that's racist, we have to search everyone"....wait, we have to search innocent grandmas as potential terrorist because of Muslim terrorism, but we can't search Muslims as potential terrorist for.......Muslim terrorism?....WHAT?.."its against the Constitution"...wait, that is what he have been saying all along...you people can't come up with a constitutional defense to protect our kids, grandmas, wives, from the TSA, but you can to protect Muslim "feelings"?. being politically correct is suicidal, but at least you at least you get to be "smart" doing it..

and I just got off that thread about lesbians suing a Vermont inn....these people didn't care about the rights of the ones who actual own the Inn, it was all about the "civil rights" of the lesbians...even on the private property of the Innkeepers, somehow their rights supersedes the actual Inn owners.....well, can't you people defend people's civil right to not have their 6 year olds patted down by strangers?... or it isn't that important because all-American families isn't of interest to the politically correct sheeple?

Last edited by EricGold; 07-21-2011 at 08:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies