Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 05:43 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,903,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I'll describe normal for me. No hiding. And actually I grew up just north of Detroit. Just because I'm not gay, doesn't mean that I don't have a sense of what's normal in my world.

Look, I'm nearly 50 years old. When I grew up along the I-75 corridor, guys did what they could to get into girl's pants.

There was not one guy that was *****.

We didn't grow up in neighborhoods where being gay was even thought of, let alone acceptable, or "normal".

Forgive me for not getting it. Actually that was a facetious statement because I don't expect you to forgive me.

OK, one day I'll die. I won't be able to spew what I think is right or wrong anymore. And you'll be there telling your sister's kids ( for example ) that it's great to be a homosexual. And they'll believe you.

I know I'll be dead in 20 years. But I'll be really pis^t if you ********** our country up.

And -- side note --

Not shut in at all ... hundreds of thousands of acres of wilderness ... Eagles and Wolves and Bears and Moose and Fishing and Waterfalls and Snow and a high of 69 tomorrow ... Maybe some fresh would do you good.
I gather you grew up in Detroit Metro. I would venture a guess that there was plenty of homosexual activity going. It's statistically impossible.

Of course homosexuality wasn't accepted then. Neither was integration.

Things change.

The world passes you by as you live like a hermit way out in the woods of the UP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 03:10 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,911,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Thank You Dane,
For you sensibility. And for not considering the feelings of traditional Americans.
Whether you like it or not, many Americans disagree with your stance on homosexuality.
Including the brass in America's Army.
I know that homosexuals want so badly to be recognized as normal.
It just ain't happening for many Americans. But, under Obama, everything you want is possible.
You didn't move north to get away from gays, did you? I'm kidding - they are there as well. Did you know there is gay wildlife?
* "Many" Americans disagree? Well, duh - that's a given.
* Re. military brass: Some are the types you embrace AS WELL AS some who are more concerned about change, disorder, the new, the unknown. Problems they will have to sort out. A new "headache" for them. Thing is - they've always been there. If you were in the military, you had to know.
* You think Obama, or any politician, should somehow be able to destroy homosexuality? And what is this focus of yours on Obama anyway?
I think there is a lot more to your story.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 07-24-2011 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: depersonalize

Old 07-24-2011, 08:01 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,664,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDros View Post
Sure, the entire military, except for, you know, all those high-ranking military officials, like the top-ranking enlisted Marine, whose anti-DADT comments have been posted multiple times in this thread.
facts are not allowed on C-D

don't forget Admiral Mullen, current Chairman of the JCS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies