Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 05:00 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The Coulter article WAS about an event in this country. The focus of the article was about how the NYT portrayed Breivik--a fact that is lost upon nearly every Leftie that has posted on this thread and who, I suspect, didn't read the article at all. She also delved into Breivik's "manifesto". Ann Coulter was in no way disrespectful to Norway, to it's people or to the victims of the massacre. She was writing about how the NYT covered the event and its perpetrator.

There are countless threads and posts on CD that condemn and insult Ann Coulter. That Ann Coulter meticulously researches and reports on events from her perspective is of no importance to those who hate her.
Amen my brother from another mother. Testify!!!!

Hey everytime I see your screen name the spanish term "cuneco" comes to mind, your not the baby of the family are you?

Good post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 05:01 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,202,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
But the NYT article was about an event in MY country. The job of the press is to report, not to support an agenda.
Ann Coulter was writing about how the NYT reported on the event. That event did occur in this country. There was nothing in the article that was making light of the massacre.

I certainly agree that the press should report objectively and without an agenda. The NYT's agenda, along with countless other media outlets, is to make white killers look like "Christian extremists" whenever possible.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:05 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
I do not think anything talking about a man who kills 90 people can be called humorous. I refuse to read it because I consider it insulting to my home country and my family.
Actually, it's not humorous at all. It's quite disgusting behavior by the New York Times.

And yes, it is insulting that the NYT is so biased. All Christians should be thoroughly insulted.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Leave it to someone like Ann Coulter to turn this tragedy into an attack on the New York Times.

So, do you disagree with her facts?

Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
But the NYT article was about an event in MY country. The job of the press is to report, not to support an agenda.

You are correct! That's what makes the NYT articles so disgusting. They didn't even try to accurately report the tragedy.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:11 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Amen my Sister from another mother. Testify!!!!

Hey everytime I see your screen name the spanish term "cuneco" comes to mind, your not the baby of the family are you?

Good post
Ok changed it.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,890 times
Quote:
Ann Coulter was writing about how the NYT reported on the event. That event did occur in this country. There was nothing in the article that was making light of the massacre.

I certainly agree that the press should report objectively and without an agenda. The NYT's agenda, along with countless other media outlets, is to make white killers look like "Christian extremists" whenever possible.
Fair enough. The only thing that actually ends up insulting me is Roy calling it humorous, well on top of the outrageous usage of the event here to further people's political agenda.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,784 times
I wasn't aware he was on steroids. Bad on top of bad.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
Quote:
Ann Coulter's article was about the New York Times and their biased reporting, a fact that appears lost on the lefties here.
Again---you can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

The point of this thread has zipped over their heads never to be understood because Ann Coulter sent the message.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/wo...IST.%22&st=cse

“We are not sure whether he was alone or had help,” a police official, Roger Andresen, said at a televised news conference. “What we know is that he is right wing and a Christian fundamentalist.”

================================================== ========

The front page headline in the New York Times last Monday was stunning: "AS HORRORS EMERGE, NORWAY CHARGES CHRISTIAN EXTREMIST."

Bill O'Reilly: Bill's Column - Demonizing Christianity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies