Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 07:03 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Remember all the crap about Obama's birth certificate? Remember how AMUSED we all were that a "few nuts" believed in that stuff?

Well, guess what- it wasn't justa few nuts, it was a sizable group of morons who make up the US population.

And now, the No-Nothings have an 87 member congressional caucus. And they are intent on bringing this country's economy to its knees to protect billionaire's tax cuts.

How could we have ever thought this would somehow work out?
+1,000,000,000,000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And that thumbs up tells us exactly how much the far left salivates for really bad times for the USA. They will stop at nothing to destroy her.

How you could you possibly think people are salivating for bad times. You're doing the salivating here.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:06 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And that thumbs up tells us exactly how much the far left salivates for really bad times for the USA. They will stop at nothing to destroy her.
Huh??? I think that many folks feel that the tea party and right wing conservatives are more than willing to see the default occur which, and I know there are different opinions on this, most folks think would tremondously hurt our economy and the world economy.

I say, in response to your proposal, that conservatives are willing to sacrifice our economic health to prove a point (an incorrect point) and support their ideology.

Wanting to relieve the debt ceiling is not wanting to destroy the US.

Stop at nothing to destroy her????
You are something....

Old 07-22-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Here come the Lemmings
And what is a lemming? are you calling me a rodent?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Idiots elected these idiots and now they're playing the American people. The idiots who put these idiots in power have no idea how NOT raising the debt ceiling is going to affect us. I don't think we'll get the chance to find out, but this stupidty is so disgusting. Looking at the childish comebacks and the foolish pictures being posted, it tells me that we have regressed as an nation. People are so clouded by their hatred that they have completely lost touch with reality.
Hatred is right from day one.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Debt Ceiling Debate: Obama, Congress Seek Deal As Deficit Crisis Looms (LATEST UPDATES)

Good news to hear. I thought Obama was going to cave but looks like his balls are still in tact. Let the tea party collapse the economic so they can be eliminated along with the gop as national party in 2012.
It sounds more like Obama is causing the default.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:16 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree. Only the ignorant folk are happy over default. However, it would be an economic disaster.

Of course, many on this board receive Federal benefits of one form or another (many are on disability) hence they have many, many hours to spend on this board yapping about how they 'hate' big government. Those who actually 'work' look into this board from time to time; it is not a full day's job. Look at the number of daily postings by many of these people.

To make my position clear: if the USA were to 'default' on its obligations it would be an economic disaster. Those who call for default are, in some cases at least, willfully ignorant of the results.

You want to lower the debt? Pay your bills. We have a huge debt: right now we (USA) pay low interest on said debt. Default, and our debt will be magnified four-score, at least. Countries, as well as private people, purchase US bonds, etc, knowing that it is the safest investment in the world. Yet if we default, even to the slightest extent, our cost of borrowing money to pay our debt will sky rocket.

I ignore those on this board that yap about things outside of their expertise. True, they can 'link' to youtube videos, etc. But most posters on this board have no idea how the 'world' works, save for what they hear from self-appointed 'experts'.

It is sad.

Oh, check back for those that take my quotes 'out of context' or such, and blast me.
Ooops ... watch it. You're letting the cat out of the bag. Some of these posters might start to catch on.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Huh??? I think that many folks feel that the tea party and right wing conservatives are more than willing to see the default occur which, and I know there are different opinions on this, most folks think would tremondously hurt our economy and the world economy.

I say, in response to your proposal, that conservatives are willing to sacrifice our economic health to prove a point (an incorrect point) and support their ideology.

You are something....
It's Obama causing the default, all he needs to do is agree to spending cuts and agree not to raise taxes on the American people. They can get a decent budget without raising the debt which is the problem in the first place.

Entire programs should be eliminated and many can be cut in half.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It sounds more like Obama is causing the default.
Don't think so....

Who absolutely refused to budge from one of their positions?
Who signed petitions (unwisely) that boxed themselves in?
Who has stated that maybe a default wouldn't be all that horrible?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post

You are something....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies